Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Notable Absence From the Board

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 03:32 PM by Caldrac.)

Waiting on April to get here first to see what they'll do potentially after they've added some free agents to the roster between the 13th of next week and throughout the rest of March.

It's just an interesting off season. This team can technically go in any direction during the first three rounds. I know a lot of us will clamor for the offensive side of the football. And rightfully so. It's been this team's great bane for quite some time now. Will they go QB on opening night? That depends on whether or not they sign Foles or maybe another guy like Fitzpatrick, Taylor or Bridgewater at a lower expense.

The one year where I would like to see a huge trade down though with an eye towards next year's QB class instead of reaching on risky options this year is here. This is the year where I would like to see Caldwell and Co. finesse the system and stockpile picks to add quality starting potential on offense. Murray and Haskins are not as convincing to me as Watkins, Mahomes or Mayfield were coming out of college.

And I genuinely like the idea of potentially landing Justin Herbert with another year under his belt. Or a guy like Jake Fromm who should be pretty well polished and ready to go after 2019 is over with and done. I still like Jake Eason too. He's got a shot at redemption with the Huskies this year. And he honestly probably has the strongest arm I have seen out of a QB since Matthew Stafford. He has a rifle.

We'll see. I honestly would rather them go after Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Bridgewater next week. Keep or cut Bortles. I don't care either way at this point. Just bring in decent enough competition to put us into position to win with this defense and hopefully with a few lineman added and maybe another athlete at a skill position or two will have us back in the play-off mix in 2019. But if it doesn't work out? No big worries. Next year's class is better.

Will Grier in RD3 is another name and target that should be mentioned too. That could be a possibility in April.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
A Notable Absence From the Board - by Bullseye - 03-05-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Dimson - 03-05-2019, 03:27 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Dimson - 03-05-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by JagJohn - 03-05-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Caldrac - 03-05-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by PF* - 03-05-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Dimson - 03-05-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by PF* - 03-05-2019, 06:21 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Caldrac - 03-06-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by Deacon - 03-06-2019, 06:31 PM
RE: A Notable Absence From the Board - by B2hibry - 03-06-2019, 07:09 PM