Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Reuter's Most recent Mock

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 01:01 PM by Bullseye.)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2019/mock-draft...ter/376000

I like the player as a general rule, but I would not like the pick.

Even with Jackson's release, we still have a ton of options at the position.

We still have Dareus.  We still have Abry Jones.  We still have Taven Bryan, and even slide in Calais Campbell from time to time.

Now if you told me we signed a vet RT in free agency in addition to Foles, I might be more receptive to such a move.

But as it stands now, I would not like the pick, though the potential is there for there to be a Stroud type dynamic.

When Stroud was first drafted, the Jaguars had a gaping hole at RT, and the thought was that UF RT Kenyatta Walker would be the pick.

So when the team took Stroud, everyone initially freaked out, including me.  I liked Stroud as a player, but I didn't like passing up Walker, especially when we had Seth Payne and Gary Walker still on the roster.

I calmed down when we wound up with Maurice Williams.

As it turned out, that would absolutely be the right move, as Stroud wound up being a great player for us, we wound up purging Gary Walker and Seth Payne in cap moves, and Gary Walker wound up being a Dolly Parton sized bust for Tampa.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 10:56 AM by The Real Marty.)

I was going to pose that exact same question.   How much does value have to trump need in order to go for value?   I would argue that in this case, value trumps need.   Quinnen Williams is much more of a potential pro bowler than any RT we could pick.  

So is there any player who does not fill a need, who if they fell to the 7th pick, you would give up need and go for value?   For example, in the above referenced mock draft, whom would you have picked instead of Quinnen Williams?

3 QBs before our pick? I think all 3 have legitimate question marks AND we'd have to give up a lot? Lousy position to be in.

Quinnen Williams was a beast at Alabama. Saban seems to do such a good job coaching people up, I sometimes wonder if his players are maxed out. But you never can have enough defensive lineman.

(03-10-2019, 10:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I was going to pose that exact same question.   How much does value have to trump need in order to go for value?   I would argue that in this case, value trumps need.   Quinnen Williams is much more of a potential pro bowler than any RT we could pick.  

So is there any player who does not fill a need, who if they fell to the 7th pick, you would give up need and go for value?   For example, in the above referenced mock draft, whom would you have picked instead of Quinnen Williams?

To me, Bosa, Williams, Josh Allen definitely fall into that category.  Arguably Montez Sweat.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

As I've said before the only 2 defensive guys that I would take @7 would be Q. Williams/N. Bosa.

Campbell (17.5 Million Cap Hit 2020) and Dareus (22.5 Million Club option) might not be back after this year...I think both of those guys (Williams/Bosa) could step in and keep the DL humming along.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we get a defensive guy at 7, I hope it is Williams. He is a stud.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'd take him if:

1. The Jags sign Foles.
2. They don't get a good offer to trade back.
3. Bosa is not available.

Would rather Hockenson.