Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles 2017 highlights

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 02:03 PM by B2hibry.)

(03-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Who are you? No need to be snarky and ignorant while trying state your opinion on how you viewed those throws. Curious as to when throwing a receiver open required them to constantly leave their feet.

Well.... I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 220 and like long walks on thr beach  Who are you? 

I also played QB through my youth and know that when he's throwing a jump ball to a wr he did it on purpose.

Congrats? Shall I call you Al Bundy? 

Yep, always intentional when you are spun around looking at the sideline with a defender on you and eyes closed.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2019, 01:17 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Wow - what a fanbase. So many Blake fanboys acting as if Foles ran over their dog.

People complaining about upgrading the QB position. And then griping about the price!

And I love how some want to get on record to say he's meh. Just so they can come back later. As if anyone cares what they said or when they said it.

God forbid the team gets better. Let's pull for failure.

What a drama queen! Nobody is complaining about anything. It’s a damn message board that is discussing the reality of whether or not we get to see a true upgrade. All based on his limited play and a highlight reel that in my opinion isn’t all that great. Classic receiver making the QB look good. It remains to be seen if our pieces can continue that trend.

(03-12-2019, 02:02 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Well.... I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 220 and like long walks on thr beach  Who are you? 

I also played QB through my youth and know that when he's throwing a jump ball to a wr he did it on purpose.

Congrats? Shall I call you Al Bundy? 

Yep, always intentional when you are spun around looking at the sideline with a defender on you and eyes closed.

No way I never scored 4 TDs in the city championship that'd be disrespectful to Al Bundy.

So now we're going with his eyes were closed when he made those throws to avoid being wrong huh? Good stuff. You're really making a case here.

(03-12-2019, 01:17 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Wow - what a fanbase. So many Blake fanboys acting as if Foles ran over their dog.

People complaining about upgrading the QB position. And then griping about the price!

And I love how some want to get on record to say he's meh. Just so they can come back later. As if anyone cares what they said or when they said it.

So we are the problem with the fanbase because the other side thinks Foles will take us to a championship.  Lol, oh these next 2 years will be good.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-12-2019, 02:31 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 02:02 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Congrats? Shall I call you Al Bundy? 

No way I never scored 4 TDs in the city championship that'd be disrespectful to Al Bundy.

So now we're going with his eyes were closed when he made those throws to avoid being wrong huh? Good stuff. You're really making a case here.

Avoid being wrong at what? Like you, I was stating my opinion on observation. Guess what? They don’t have to align. Your HS football career, Madden or whatever isn’t going to persuade me in the least. We’ll see if he meshes with our personnel or it looks like he did when he was about to retire. Crazy how there is no right or wrong in an unknown!

(03-12-2019, 03:09 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

So we are the problem with the fanbase because the other side thinks Foles will take us to a championship   can throw a football? 

FTFY

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 03:41 PM by Eric1.)

So when are we trading for Alshon Jeffery?? Because what stands out the most to me in that highlight video is him continuing to make great catches over and over.

It's great that Foles can throw a high ball that makes it hard for the defenders to get a hand on it, but we don't have anybody on this roster who can go up and get the football like Jeffery can...

This receiving core basically consists of Dede Westbrook and that's about it. Not a knock on Dede, I think he's good, but high pointing balls isn't his game. They're going to have to address that need with a rookie and hope he can instantly produce.

And obvious I don't even need to get started on our TE situation... We can't expect a rookie to come in playing like a 4th+ year Zach Ertz...

(03-12-2019, 03:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So when are we trading for Alshon Jeffery?? Because what stands out the most to me in that highlight video is him continuing to make great catches over and over.

It's great that Foles can throw a high ball that makes it hard for the defenders to get a hand on it, but we don't have anybody on this roster who can go up and get the football like Jeffery can...

This receiving core basically consists of Dede Westbrook and that's about it. Not a knock on Dede, I think he's good, but high pointing balls isn't his game. They're going to have to address that need with a rookie and hope he can instantly produce.

And obvious I don't even need to get started on our TE situation... We can't expect a rookie to come in playing like a 4th+ year Zach Ertz...

Do you think there's a chance Foles knew which receivers he could throw high to on this team? 

And I'd not rule out Chark, or Cole, or the as yet unacquired TEs and WRs still to be added for being able to go up and get a strategically thrown high pass. 

All of this "Foles won't be any good without X" talk is so silly right now. We haven't even had the draft yet and we've got 5 picks between #7 and #110. 

Not to mention we are only one day into free agency. 

The other silly thing about all of this comparison of the Jags roster to the eagles is that it completely ignores Foles and DeFilippo likely making players like Westbrook, Chark, Lee, and Fournette way more productive than Hackett and Blake freaking Bortles could.

(03-12-2019, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So when are we trading for Alshon Jeffery?? Because what stands out the most to me in that highlight video is him continuing to make great catches over and over.

Do you think there's a chance Foles knew which receivers he could throw high to on this team? 

And I'd not rule out Chark, or Cole, or the as yet unacquired TEs and WRs still to be added for being able to go up and get a strategically thrown high pass. 

All of this "Foles won't be any good without X" talk is so silly right now. We haven't even had the draft yet and we've got 5 picks between #7 and #110. 

The other silly thing about all of this comparison of the Jags roster to the eagles is that it completely ignores Foles and DeFilippo likely making players like Westbrook, Chark, Lee, and Fournette way more productive than Hackett and Blake freaking Bortles could.
fixed.  Hackett denounced BB remember.  It was his playcalling only.
Season Tix, Section 409

It's just a true commentary on the highlight video.

It's a lot of balls just thrown up with some hope. Reminds me of Flacco with Bolden on that playoff/superbowl run.

(03-12-2019, 03:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:09 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: So we are the problem with the fanbase because the other side thinks Foles will take us to a championship   can throw a football? 

FTFY

I'm done ranting but what will him being able to throw a football win us.  Just trying to see what I should be excited for since we didn't draft offensive help last season.  What will he bring with the new draftees and playbook.  Please don't say 2 to 3 more wins.
Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 04:25 PM by Eric1.)

He must have known they could all catch high passes then, because most of those throws were high.

I think Chark will benefit some from the deep ball, if they actually have time to throw it, but I don't have any hope in Cole at this point. Dude completely fell off a cliff last season and had some of the worst drops I've ever seen.

Yup, the draft hasn't happened yet, but you simply can't expect rookies to just step right in and perform up to the level of 5th, 6th and 7th years Vets. That'd be foolish to assume/hope that.

Your last line is completely wait and see. Problem is, the Offense was so terrible last season that it can only get better, but that's not saying a lot lol.

One thing that's for sure with Foles though. He isn't afraid to take a hit while trying to make a throw. He'll definitely stand in there and take one straight to the chest.

(03-12-2019, 04:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Do you think there's a chance Foles knew which receivers he could throw high to on this team? 

It's just a true commentary on the highlight video.

It's a lot of balls just thrown up with some hope. Reminds me of Flacco with Bolden on that playoff/superbowl run.

I see a high number of passes in that reel that display far better timing and placement than what we've seen in Jax in recent years. 

Whatever - it's a 2017 highlight reel. I'm not going to invest any "analysis."  I watched Foles play last year and learned enough to know he's an upgrade.

(03-12-2019, 04:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Do you think there's a chance Foles knew which receivers he could throw high to on this team? 

He must have known they could all catch high passes then, because most of those throws were high.

I think Chark will benefit some from the deep ball, if they actually have time to throw it, but I don't have any hope in Cole at this point. Dude completely fell off a cliff last season and had some of the worst drops I've ever seen.

Yup, the draft hasn't happened yet, but you simply can't expect rookies to just step right in and perform up to the level of 5th, 6th and 7th years Vets. That'd be foolish to assume/hope that.

Your last line is completely wait and see. Problem is, the Offense was so terrible last season that it can only get better, but that's not saying a lot lol.

One thing that's for sure with Foles though. He isn't afraid to take a hit while trying to make a throw. He'll definitely stand in there and take one straight to the chest.

Not to mention he's had fumbling trouble going back both of his seasons. I could see him not even making it to the opening day roster this year.

(03-12-2019, 12:25 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote: You can't censor our lord and savior's nickname.

Yes we can.

No you can't.

(03-12-2019, 07:48 PM)Inziladun Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:25 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Yes we can.

No you can't.

I mean, I've already done it three times, so...

(03-12-2019, 07:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:48 PM)Inziladun Wrote: No you can't.

I mean, I've already done it three times, so...

I'm saying it right now!

(03-13-2019, 09:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I mean, I've already done it three times, so...

I'm saying it right now!

Touche! Well, we can stop you from using it in a message on the forum. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-13-2019, 09:53 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote: I'm saying it right now!

Touche! Well, we can stop you from using it in a message on the forum. ;-)

What section are your season tickets? Might have to make a few arrangements Wink

Not sure what some of you saw in the video but I saw a quarterback throw numerous dimes. Sure there were some great catches but the ball was still where it had to be. Blake couldn't make 1/3 of those throws. This is a huge upgrade and I can't wait for the season to start.