Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles 2017 highlights

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM by Brett.)

NYC4jags, I feel bad for you and the other mods going forward in regards to all the posts that will reference him by his nickname. I'll be one user that won't make your job tougher though....I'll behave Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:57 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I've argued this forever and even used the part where our OC did barely anything to help him and said he sucks so he couldn't do more.  We have to move on since he is suppose to take us from 5 wins to championship. At least he better if the MB GMs are correct

So you thought Bortles looked good last year?  He threw the ball well?  His mechanics looked fine?

Pretty much everyone including NFL network ppl said he looked good last year and we were the Fav to be in the SB after beating the pats. But then the oline got hurt he had 1.5 secs to throw the ball and he looked like a terrible QB. But when he looked good in 2017 at the end of the year he was doing it with far less talent then foles and his numbers where far superior to foles.

(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Any sophomoric references to Nick Foles’ genitals whether abbreviated or otherwise will be edited and result in warnings.

Title of this thread will be edited thusly.

Awwww man.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 11:59 AM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)B2hibry Wrote: A lot of thrown up prayers in that video. This could get interesting.

Those aren't thrown up prayers at all. You're just not used to seeing a QB being able to put it exactly where he wants and throwing receivers open. It's OK, BB has been terrible I understand the confusion.

(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:57 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I've argued this forever and even used the part where our OC did barely anything to help him and said he sucks so he couldn't do more.  We have to move on since he is suppose to take us from 5 wins to championship. At least he better if the MB GMs are correct

So you thought Bortles looked good last year?  He threw the ball well?  His mechanics looked fine?

No I actually felt bad for him in certain situations throughout the year.  I was paying more attention to the overall scheme and playcalling.  That's what I found the good in last season.  Making shot bets on whether we would continue to run when the defense is licking their chops waiting for it and would we throw the same route concepts that they were sitting on all game.  Blake actually looked good handing the ball off and moving out the way.  He looked good on the QB runs we designed for him even though we didn't use any expect for like 3 plays all season.  He did look bad throwing on bad down and distance and to sat on routes since everyone knew what we would be doing from the sidelines to the 400 sections.  IDK, maybe Blake just sucks and even if they were running wide open all year he would've just overthrew everyone and have like 30 picks for the year since he avg like 6 a game some say lol.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-12-2019, 10:01 AM)Inziladun Wrote: You can't censor our lord and savior's nickname.

Yes we can.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-12-2019, 11:58 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)B2hibry Wrote: A lot of thrown up prayers in that video. This could get interesting.

Those aren't thrown up prayers at all. You're just not used to seeing a QB being able to put it exactly where he wants and throwing receivers open. It's OK, BB has been terrible I understand the confusion.
Who are you? No need to be snarky and ignorant while trying state your opinion on how you viewed those throws. Curious as to when throwing a receiver open required them to constantly leave their feet.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 12:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 11:58 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Those aren't thrown up prayers at all. You're just not used to seeing a QB being able to put it exactly where he wants and throwing receivers open. It's OK, BB has been terrible I understand the confusion.
Who are you? No need to be snarky and ignorant while trying state your opinion on how you viewed those throws. Curious as to when throwing a receiver open required them to constantly leave their feet.

Well.... I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 220 and like long walks on thr beach  Who are you? 

I also played QB through my youth and know that when he's throwing a jump ball to a wr he did it on purpose.

(03-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Who are you? No need to be snarky and ignorant while trying state your opinion on how you viewed those throws. Curious as to when throwing a receiver open required them to constantly leave their feet.

Well.... I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 220 and like long walks on thr beach  Who are you? 

I also played QB through my youth and know that when he's throwing a jump ball to a wr he did it on purpose.

Kinda of like what we use to do with AR right.  Well nevermind...I was told that was bad QBing because he couldn't throw the receiver open.  It changes so much with ppl.  Its like depending on the QB, the excuse will change.
Season Tix, Section 409

Here is a thing you have to remember about Foles. When he was the starter and the pressure was on him he only had the one good season. He is good coming off the bench because he doesnt have anything to lose. This year the pressure of the team the fans the coaches will all be on him. How he performs with a lot less talent then he had in Phylly will determine if it was a good signing or not.

(03-12-2019, 12:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Here is a thing you have to remember about Foles. When he was the starter and the pressure was on him he only had the one good season. He is good coming off the bench because he doesnt have anything to lose. This year the pressure of the team the fans the coaches will all be on him. How he performs with a lot less talent then he had in Phylly will determine if it was a good signing or not.

You know what.  We all suffered the Gene Smith years so in reality.  NOTHING AT ALL could be as bad as that.  Here's to Foles and our first SB in history.  Our window is 2 years so I cant wait....im trying to temper expectations but man o man, what if these MB GMS are actually right.  We both highly doubt it but id love to be wrong.  If I'm right, ol well.  I already knew that.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-12-2019, 11:43 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Any sophomoric references to Nick Foles’ genitals whether abbreviated or otherwise will be edited and result in warnings.

Title of this thread will be edited thusly.

Awwww man.

I didn't make the rules. 

But I certainly don't mind this message board not being plastered with constant references to male genitals.

Besides - it makes it easier for me to ban tack trolls with this richard-brevity ruling upheld, so... consider your pros and cons.

Foles looks pretty average.

Not sure why anyone would be excited

(03-12-2019, 12:57 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Foles looks pretty average.

Not sure why anyone would be excited

its like any new toy at christmas its fantastic its great

by jan its in the closet collecting dust

(03-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Who are you? No need to be snarky and ignorant while trying state your opinion on how you viewed those throws. Curious as to when throwing a receiver open required them to constantly leave their feet.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Comparing pee wee or high school football to the NFL. Classic.

Wow - what a fanbase. So many Blake fanboys acting as if Foles ran over their dog.

People complaining about upgrading the QB position. And then griping about the price!

And I love how some want to get on record to say he's meh. Just so they can come back later. As if anyone cares what they said or when they said it.

God forbid the team gets better. Let's pull for failure.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 01:28 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(03-12-2019, 01:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 12:34 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Well.... I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 220 and like long walks on thr beach  Who are you? 

BAHAHAHAHAHA

IKR! Imagine if I could place the ball for a jump ball what NFL caliber QBs can do!? Thanks for proving my point!

I'd literally let go of passes thinking "he's going up for this one". It's almost as if WRs and QBs practice together EVERY DAY for a long time every year...

P. S. I cannot imagine eating crow as often as you do on here. Do you even think AT ALL before posting or nah?

(03-12-2019, 01:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 01:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: BAHAHAHAHAHA

IKR! Imagine if I could place the ball for a jump ball what NFL caliber QBs can do!? Thanks for proving my point!

P. S. I cannot imagine eating crow as often as you do on here. Do you even think AT ALL before posting or nah?
Lol Nah.

No reason to. Also... English?

(03-12-2019, 01:17 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Wow - what a fanbase. So many Blake fanboys acting as if Foles ran over their dog.

People complaining about upgrading the QB position. And then griping about the price!

And I love how some want to get on record to say he's meh. Just so they can come back later. As if anyone cares what they said or when they said it.

God forbid the team gets better. Let's pull for failure.

If you're going to be a jackass, at least tell the truth.  So many?  I count 2.  You do know it's possible to not like the move and still not be a 'Bortles fanboy'?  Nah, that would hurt your narrative.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 01:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: IKR! Imagine if I could place the ball for a jump ball what NFL caliber QBs can do!? Thanks for proving my point!

Lol Nah.

No reason to. Also... English?

I'm CLEARLY speaking Spanish.  Duhhh.