Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead

(03-26-2019, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Cobb is gone but really, he was just a guy.

Campbell has a chance to be really special. Pair him with Adams and MVS? Add in a little Fant? You have the makings of an unreal offense. Hackett is ecstatic to see someone like Campbell come into the room.

I really like your picks. Rogers needs receivers in a bad way. I think he would be really happy with your selections.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

NE with the easiest selection so far? I dont think they would take Smith over Sternberger

(03-26-2019, 11:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: NE with the easiest selection so far?  I dont think they would take Smith over Sternberger

Why not?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 11:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

NE lost Malcom Brown and Trey Flowers. I think they go dline with the first pick. They can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd

They got Bennet but there will be some good DTs available

(03-26-2019, 11:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: NE with the easiest selection so far?  I dont think they would take Smith over Sternberger

I feel Smith is a version of Gronk. He fits that mold perfectly. Now could the Pats take Sternbrger? Sure. But I gave them the consensus 3rd best TE in the draft with Smith.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 11:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-26-2019, 11:39 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Why not?

Because Sternberger is the better reciever and a beast to bring down, more like Gronk

(03-26-2019, 11:42 AM)Dimson Wrote:

I feel Smith is a version of Gronk. He fits that mold perfectly. Now could the Pats take Sternbrger? Sure. But I gave them the consensus 3rd best TE in the draft with Smith.

This looks more like Gronk.  Show me Smith doing some of this and maybe I can get convinced 

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...57792?s=19

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 11:51 AM by JackCity.)

(03-26-2019, 11:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:39 AM)JackCity Wrote: Why not?

Because Sternberger is the better reciever and a beast to bring down, more like Gronk

(03-26-2019, 11:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: I feel Smith is a version of Gronk. He fits that mold perfectly. Now could the Pats take Sternbrger? Sure. But I gave them the consensus 3rd best TE in the draft with Smith.

This looks more like Gronk.  Show me Smith doing some of this and maybe I can get convinced 

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...57792?s=19

I think Bill would prefer the versatility and blocking from Irv as that's non negotiable to the Pats + has the Saban seal of approval. Irv's a really good receiver in his own right too

But I get where you're coming from, Sternbergers style as a receiver is closer to Gronks than Irvs

(03-26-2019, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: NE lost Malcom Brown and Trey Flowers.  I think they go dline with the first pick.  They can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd

It's the Pats, so I could see them going DT or CB. But to me, Smith fills a bigger, immediate need.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 11:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-26-2019, 11:51 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: NE lost Malcom Brown and Trey Flowers.  I think they go dline with the first pick.  They can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd

It's the Pats, so I could see them going DT or CB. But to me, Smith fills a bigger, immediate need.

The value will be much better there at DT and it's just as big of need as TE is. There will be a few really good DTs there available. Maybe they have Smith rated really high but Smith in the 1st doesn't seem like good value to me

(03-26-2019, 11:42 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Will you show me some plays where he looks anything like Gronk?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 12:09 PM by Dimson.)

(03-26-2019, 11:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: It's the Pats, so I could see them going DT or CB. But to me, Smith fills a bigger, immediate need.

The value will be much better there at DT and it's just as big of need as TE is.  There will be a few really good DTs there available.  Maybe they have Smith rated really high but Smith in the 1st doesn't seem like good value to me

(03-26-2019, 11:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: I feel Smith is a version of Gronk. He fits that mold perfectly. Now could the Pats take Sternbrger? Sure. But I gave them the consensus 3rd best TE in the draft with Smith.

I said he fills the same role. I did not say he looks like Gronk. He is a pass catching first TE. If you want you are welcome to pick for the Patriots here on out?

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 12:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-26-2019, 12:08 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The value will be much better there at DT and it's just as big of need as TE is.  There will be a few really good DTs there available.  Maybe they have Smith rated really high but Smith in the 1st doesn't seem like good value to me

I said he fills the same role. I did not say he looks like Gronk. He is a pass catching first TE. If you want you are welcome to pick for the Patriots here on out?

Oh ok, naw I'm good. Was just trying to maybe jump on board if there was something I missed

(03-26-2019, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 12:08 PM)Dimson Wrote: I said he fills the same role. I did not say he looks like Gronk. He is a pass catching first TE. If you want you are welcome to pick for the Patriots here on out?

Oh ok, naw I'm good.  Was just trying to maybe jump on board if there was something I missed

I did research before making the pick. Everything I saw was saying the biggest need was filling the hole left by Gronk. That is why I selected the 3rd highest rated TE, and best remaining TE to fill that void. I had planned to go DL before Gronk retired though.

I think they'd happily take a DL at that pick too though. Someone like Anthony Nelson perhaps

(03-26-2019, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think they'd happily take a DL at that pick too though. Someone like Anthony Nelson perhaps

If I was going to select defense I would have went Jachai Polite or Dre'Monte Jones. Depending if they need a DE or DT.

(03-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think they'd happily take a DL at that pick too though. Someone like Anthony Nelson perhaps

If I was going to select defense I would have went Jachai Polite or Dre'Monte Jones. Depending if they need a DE or DT.

You like Jones? I'd have him closer to a 4th rounder than a 1st honestly

I could see NE taking Jeffery Simmons. It wouldnt be the first time BB took a player with red flags

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 01:04 PM by Dimson.)

(03-26-2019, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Dimson Wrote: If I was going to select defense I would have went Jachai Polite or Dre'Monte Jones. Depending if they need a DE or DT.

I am just going by these rankings http://www.nflbigboard.com/. To be honest I am not a draft guru and I mainly only follow guys on the Jags radar. But I am not drafting for the Jags, so I have to rely on the internets.

(03-26-2019, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Dimson Wrote: If I was going to select defense I would have went Jachai Polite or Dre'Monte Jones. Depending if they need a DE or DT.

I watched all of Jones' games this year and I like him a lot as a 3 technique. Right now, he is a better pass rusher than a run stuffer, but he has the upside of a Geno Atkins. I have him as a late first rounder.

Good pick for the 49ers. It came down to Butler and Brown for me.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 06:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jags on the clock

A run on WR has begun