Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles drawing trade interest

(03-12-2019, 03:07 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:06 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: if he succeeds anywhere else.  I'm deleting my Jaguars MB account and applying for GM

Why don't you do it anyway...

Because when Foles fails, I want to get instant access on who the new GM and HC will be. I mean, I'm not on twitter 24/7 and just want Jaguars news.  Whether MB posters are wrong or right, we're all still jags fans.  I like team logo pix for my avi, you like women you'll never get...Still Jags fans.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even if a team is willing to pay half of his salary the jags should jump.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-12-2019, 03:11 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:07 PM)Rico Wrote: Why don't you do it anyway...

Because when Foles fails, I want to get instant access on who the new GM and HC will be. I mean, I'm not on twitter 24/7 and just want Jaguars news.  Whether MB posters are wrong or right, we're all still jags fans.  I like team logo pix for my avi, you like women you'll never get...Still Jags fans.

Extremely relevant...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 03:47 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:11 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Because when Foles fails, I want to get instant access on who the new GM and HC will be. I mean, I'm not on twitter 24/7 and just want Jaguars news.  Whether MB posters are wrong or right, we're all still jags fans.  I like team logo pix for my avi, you like women you'll never get...Still Jags fans.

Extremely relevant...
Don't jab at me if I cant jab back lol.  I'm in wait and see.  I can rant all day but I'm renewing my season tix and will root for W's every game regardless tbh.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-12-2019, 01:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Patriots trade a 5th for BB to be TB replacement. Turns him into an elite QB.

Bortles becomes MVP of the 2023 Super Bowl. Not that would be rich!

Id Trade him for a conditional 8th round pick.

(03-12-2019, 05:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Id Trade him for a conditional 8th round pick.
Getting a pick that high for an overpaid QB that is known to be getting cut soon would be a win....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Hmm....  I had said some time ago that it would be nice if the team could possibly trade him.  What team(s) might be interested in him?  I'm by no means a salary expert, but how much is he owed on his current contract?  Looking at overthcap.com it appears that he has 2 years a total of $44 million remaining with $6.5 million guaranteed.  Is that correct?

I'm just wondering how a trade would work out for him and how a team might be able to restructure his current contract.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM by Jags.)

Just out of curiosity, can a team trade someone without receiving compensation? Or, is that the ‘conditional 7th’ with the condition being outlandish?

(03-12-2019, 06:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hmm....  I had said some time ago that it would be nice if the team could possibly trade him.  What team(s) might be interested in him?  I'm by no means a salary expert, but how much is he owed on his current contract?  Looking at overthcap.com it appears that he has 2 years a total of $44 million remaining with $6.5 million guaranteed.  Is that correct?

I'm just wondering how a trade would work out for him and how a team might be able to restructure his current contract.

Someone once said (I think it might have been Prisco) that you have to claim anything you've already paid a player, meaning if you have a certain amount of dead money associated with a player, that won't go away by trading them.  I believe the 6.5 guarantee is part of the signing bonus, pro-rated that has already been paid.  Restructuring would allow you to push a little more of his current salary into a future year but wouldn't help with any dead money. At least that's been my interpretation.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-12-2019, 02:18 PM)A snowwolf776 Wrote: Bortles is going to the patriots,and he will win the super bowl with the pats.

If this actually happens, we as fans need to accept at least a small portion of responsibility. More than a few of our fans have pretty much ran him out of town like we’ve done to every QB that came after Mark Brunell by threatening to cancel season tickets and not support the team if we didn’t get what we wanted. You may not think that the FO doesn’t pay attention to that, but they do. If they say they don’t, they’re lying - they are human beings that take pride in their work, just like everyone else.

Yes, I realize that I will get some flak for this opinion, but we are turning into the Redskins when it comes to QBs and it needs to stop. 

All of that said, the majority of the blame still lies with the FO because:

1) If you know you’re drafting a rookie QB.... pay top dollar for a great QB guru as a positions coach or OC. There’s no such thing as a college QB with perfect mechanics and footwork. 

2) Don’t draft a QB whose suited to a certain style if you intend to use him in a completely different style. 

3) Be mindful of the guys protecting him, especially depth. Injuries WILL occur at some point during the season. Get good starters, but get capable back along with them.

(03-12-2019, 06:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hmm....  I had said some time ago that it would be nice if the team could possibly trade him.  What team(s) might be interested in him?  I'm by no means a salary expert, but how much is he owed on his current contract?  Looking at overthcap.com it appears that he has 2 years a total of $44 million remaining with $6.5 million guaranteed.  Is that correct?

A team that acquires Bortles in a trade would be inheriting 2 years remaining in the contract.  They would be on the hook for $14m in base salary plus $2m in roster bonus, for a 2019 cap hit of $16m.  The 2nd season, he is due only an $18m base salary.  An acquiring team would not take on any cap or fiscal responsibility for his $10m of unamortized signing bonus.  An acquiring team may structure a trade after the Jags pay him a roster bonus to try to cut their 2019 cap hit to $14m.

(03-12-2019, 03:06 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: if he succeeds anywhere else.  I'm deleting my Jaguars MB account and applying for GM

That's been done before.  Jaguars GM Gene Smith was posting here under the username Alfie

(03-12-2019, 08:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

That's been done before.  Jaguars GM Gene Smith was posting here under the username Alfie

Only way he gets traded is if we send him and a draft pick to some team willing to pay his salary.

it would be a osweiler type trade.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(03-12-2019, 08:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Lol, I'll never be as bad as Gene...lmao. I would've had an 2nd yr olineman or tight end on the team currently but dont get me started.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-12-2019, 08:00 PM)ATLjag Wrote:

A team that acquires Bortles in a trade would be inheriting 2 years remaining in the contract.  They would be on the hook for $14m in base salary plus $2m in roster bonus, for a 2019 cap hit of $16m.  The 2nd season, he is due only an $18m base salary.  An acquiring team would not take on any cap or fiscal responsibility for his $10m of unamortized signing bonus.  An acquiring team may structure a trade after the Jags pay him a roster bonus to try to cut their 2019 cap hit to $14m.

^This

It would save the Jags at least $7.5M off the cap if he were traded instead of cut. The Jags are on the hook for $14M (plus the roster bonus if that's guaranteed), but any salary Bortles receives this year, up to $6.5M, would come off the total.

That 7th round pick, conditional only if Bortles is named Superbowl MVP this year, sounds like a good deal.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I'm trying to figure out, IF these rumors are true,  which and how many teams? If I had to guess at least one team that could be a real possibility, it would be the Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is an injury-Prone QB. Blake at least has the durability going for him. Their cap space is good. They could release Tannehill and possibly draft someone behind Bortles. I know people are saying Tampa Bay due to a past comment that Arians made. Still that chance if Arians was serious about that comment.

(03-12-2019, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What if Arizona really is taking Kyler Murray and they need a mobile vet QB to bridge and then back-up?

....also why I think he is a perfect fit as backup in Baltimore. the offense would not need any revamping.

(03-12-2019, 01:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...2882002944

So far, the hang up has been landing on if the trade would be for a Big Mac or a Whopper.

(03-13-2019, 03:24 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 01:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...2882002944

So far, the hang up has been landing on if the trade would be for a Big Mac or a Whopper.

If we got something for Gabbert, we can definitely get something for Blake.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]