Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles drawing trade interest

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 03:39 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(03-12-2019, 10:54 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm trying to figure out, IF these rumors are true,  which and how many teams? If I had to guess at least one team that could be a real possibility, it would be the Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is an injury-Prone QB. Blake at least has the durability going for him. Their cap space is good. They could release Tannehill and possibly draft someone behind Bortles. I know people are saying Tampa Bay due to a past comment that Arians made. Still that chance if Arians was serious about that comment.

Ironically, the best team to trade him? TN. You know he would be the perfect back up to Mariota, which is why it won't happen. Jags got to find a way to beat those guys.

(03-12-2019, 10:54 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm trying to figure out, IF these rumors are true,  which and how many teams? If I had to guess at least one team that could be a real possibility, it would be the Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is an injury-Prone QB. Blake at least has the durability going for him. Their cap space is good. They could release Tannehill and possibly draft someone behind Bortles. I know people are saying Tampa Bay due to a past comment that Arians made. Still that chance if Arians was serious about that comment.

Ironically, the best team to trade him? TN. You know he would be the perfect back up to Mariota, which is why it won't happen. Jags got to find a way to beat those guys.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 03:29 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:24 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: So far, the hang up has been landing on if the trade would be for a Big Mac or a Whopper.

If we got something for Gabbert, we can definitely get something for Blake.

Talent wise for sure. Gabs didn't have that size contract though.

(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: If we got something for Gabbert, we can definitely get something for Blake.

True. The contract could definitely be a sticking point.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Blake still has his gate access codeTongue Rapaport can pound sand lol

For every failed first-round pick, there's at least one coach who thinks he can "fix" him.

(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: If we got something for Gabbert, we can definitely get something for Blake.

Bortles contract is really irrelevant at the end of the day.  If a team trades for him (don't see it happening at this point), they can restructure the deal to make him more affordable.  At the end of the day, the Jags are going to get cap relief one way or the other, and Blake will land somewhere as a backup.  When he does, the team will see additional relief based on the deal he signs.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-13-2019, 06:01 PM)FBT Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Talent wise for sure. Gabs didn't have that size contract though.

Bortles contract is really irrelevant at the end of the day.  If a team trades for him (don't see it happening at this point), they can restructure the deal to make him more affordable.  At the end of the day, the Jags are going to get cap relief one way or the other, and Blake will land somewhere as a backup.  When he does, the team will see additional relief based on the deal he signs.

Honestly at this point, he may end up as the starter for the Dolphins....

(03-13-2019, 03:24 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 01:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...2882002944

So far, the hang up has been landing on if the trade would be for a Big Mac or a Whopper.

Breaking News....

Another team came into the mix offering Dave's Single with cheese and a frosty to sweeten the deal.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-13-2019, 03:39 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [quote pid='1199358' dateline='1552445672']
I'm trying to figure out, IF these rumors are true,  which and how many teams? If I had to guess at least one team that could be a real possibility, it would be the Miami Dolphins. Tannehill is an injury-Prone QB. Blake at least has the durability going for him. Their cap space is good. They could release Tannehill and possibly draft someone behind Bortles. I know people are saying Tampa Bay due to a past comment that Arians made. Still that chance if Arians was serious about that comment.

[/quote]

This might be the answer. Send them BB5.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

....somehow I missed that big trade market for Bortles in yesterday's announced release.

(03-14-2019, 07:41 AM)ATLjag Wrote: ....somehow I missed that big trade market for Bortles in yesterday's announced release.
You really need to learn how to react to situationsi like this.  Let me show you.

THIS FRONT OFFICE IS SO STUPID!!!  THEY HAD MULTIPLE TEAMS TALKING TO THEM ABOUT A TRADE AND THEY JUST RELEASED HIM!!!  FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE!!!  NONE OF THEM HAVE A CLUE!!!

Clearly, there was never a trade market for Bortles.  The team would have taken just about anything to clear him from the books.  But, despite the fact that it was just another media rumor that proved to be false, you still have to figure out how to blame it on the front office.

Hope this helped.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]