Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OL Cedric Ogbuehi visiting (Signed)

(03-15-2019, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:14 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I know nothing about this man.

As someone who lives in the Cincy area, I can tell you this guy flat out sucks in pass protection. You might as well line up a cardboard cutout on the line of scrimmage over using him. My friends who are Bengals fans loathe this guy. They drafted him to play LT and he was miserable, so he didn't last long. They tried moving him to RT and he was equally bad. So bad in fact, he was replaced by Bobby Hart, who was cut before the season ended by the Giants. IMO, Ogbuehi is the Jaguars equivalent to Ephraim Salaam. Remember how bad he was? Ugh!

Salaam was passable more often than not. Guy Whimper, on the other hand, was a better TE than OT for us, and he wasn't much of a TE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As someone who lives in the Cincy area, I can tell you this guy flat out sucks in pass protection. You might as well line up a cardboard cutout on the line of scrimmage over using him. My friends who are Bengals fans loathe this guy. They drafted him to play LT and he was miserable, so he didn't last long. They tried moving him to RT and he was equally bad. So bad in fact, he was replaced by Bobby Hart, who was cut before the season ended by the Giants. IMO, Ogbuehi is the Jaguars equivalent to Ephraim Salaam. Remember how bad he was? Ugh!

Talk about bad memories!  UGH indeed!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-15-2019, 02:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As someone who lives in the Cincy area, I can tell you this guy flat out sucks in pass protection. You might as well line up a cardboard cutout on the line of scrimmage over using him. My friends who are Bengals fans loathe this guy. They drafted him to play LT and he was miserable, so he didn't last long. They tried moving him to RT and he was equally bad. So bad in fact, he was replaced by Bobby Hart, who was cut before the season ended by the Giants. IMO, Ogbuehi is the Jaguars equivalent to Ephraim Salaam. Remember how bad he was? Ugh!

Salaam was passable more often than not. Guy Whimper, on the other hand, was a better TE than OT for us, and he wasn't much of a TE.

Salaam was the worst OT I have seen in my lifetime.

Turnstile Salaam
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Grew up in Cincinnati too for 15 years here as a kid. Tried private messaging you but never heard back.

I'll trust the front office.

(03-15-2019, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: Salaam was passable more often than not. Guy Whimper, on the other hand, was a better TE than OT for us, and he wasn't much of a TE.

He's certainly up there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-15-2019, 02:43 PM)Brett Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As someone who lives in the Cincy area, I can tell you this guy flat out sucks in pass protection. You might as well line up a cardboard cutout on the line of scrimmage over using him. My friends who are Bengals fans loathe this guy. They drafted him to play LT and he was miserable, so he didn't last long. They tried moving him to RT and he was equally bad. So bad in fact, he was replaced by Bobby Hart, who was cut before the season ended by the Giants. IMO, Ogbuehi is the Jaguars equivalent to Ephraim Salaam. Remember how bad he was? Ugh!

Grew up in Cincinnati too for 15 years here as a kid. Tried private messaging you but never heard back.

I'll trust the front office.

Sorry. I didn't even know messaging was a feature on here. I just normally read post, post messages and log off. I'm not too computer savvy.

(03-15-2019, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: Salaam was passable more often than not. Guy Whimper, on the other hand, was a better TE than OT for us, and he wasn't much of a TE.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

(03-15-2019, 01:22 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is one reason why I record the games.  During the offseason and down times, I can go back and revisit happier times and better teams.

hopefully, fate will be on our side for the foreseeable future and with Foles leading us, we will be contenders again.

BTW, Congrats on the family!

We seem to be gluttons for punishment at times.   Wallbash Laughing

Please don't add Taven to the list yet, let's at least give him another year before we chuck him on the trash heap of Jags 1st rounders Sad

Bwahahahaahaha!! You're right. If he hadn't played better towards the end of the year, I would disagree. But hopefully he'll turn into a stud going forward.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

This guy might be the worst lineman in the NFL. Pass...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

The guy allowed 80 pressures in his 2 years as a starter..

Bengal fans consider him as arguably the worst draft pick in franchise history..

He was so bad the Bengals think Bobby Hart is a good OT lol..

(03-15-2019, 03:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Salaam was the worst OT I have seen in my lifetime.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

No, Whimper was less effective than a speed bump would have been. He's just a more recent example of futility on the line.

We can only hope the FO does their due diligence on this guy......we surely don't need another Joke
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Flowers on one side, Ogbuehi on the other

(03-15-2019, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Flowers on one side, Ogbuehi on the other

[Image: what-is-your-problem-kill-me-meme.jpg]

Just to be clear, Ogbuehi was soundly beaten out for the RT job by Bobby Hart in Cincinnati. Pro Football Focus had Bobby Hart ranked as the 69th best OT in the NFL. There are only 64 starters in the NFL.

This feels like an “I can coach better than you” signing.

(03-15-2019, 06:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Flowers on one side, Ogbuehi on the other

Dear Lord. 

I might seriously rush the roof of the Modis.

(03-15-2019, 03:50 PM)jaglawyer Wrote: This guy might be the worst lineman in the NFL.  Pass...

Would rather resign Flowers, who may be slow but at least has the power to play right tackle.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-15-2019, 06:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

[Image: what-is-your-problem-kill-me-meme.jpg]

Said Nick Foles
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato