Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OL Cedric Ogbuehi visiting (Signed)

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/3/16/...ce=twitter

The only solace I take in this is that he can be cut later.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2019, 09:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/3/16/...ce=twitter

I mean it’s a low risk high reward move.

Sometimes all it takes is a new environment for players to succeed.

Other times, they’re just not good players lol

(03-16-2019, 09:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 09:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/3/16/...ce=twitter

I think this is the latter.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Article from december 2018 about him as a "bust".

Cedric Ogbuehi accepts bust label, now looks to prove it wrong elsewhere

I sincerely hope this guy is just a back up....'depth' in case of injuries, and all that

This is what we call "taking a flyer." Either change of scenery gives him a boost or he's on the next flight out. If he looks bad in camp...he gone (Yes, I know camp doesn't really push OL like the season)! No harm no foul.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Yup he's a warm body signing.

What is up with Texas A&M O lineman?
when they get to the pros just don't seem to "get it"
Def a chance to prove his critics wrong....and I hope he does.
It's all on him now.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(03-16-2019, 09:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Trust me, this is the case for Ogbuehi. He was not a good college player either. Why the Bengals drafted him so high, was a mystery.

(03-16-2019, 10:25 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: What is up with Texas A&M O lineman?
when they get to the pros just don't seem to "get it"
Def a chance to prove his critics wrong....and I hope he does.
It's all on him now.

They dont play a pro offense there, and it happening lots of other places too. That's why line play is down across the League.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Was wondering why he was never tried at guard.  Found an article about it.  https://www.cincyjungle.com/analysis/201...g-to-guard

(03-16-2019, 09:33 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 09:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I mean it’s a low risk high reward move.

I think this is the latter.

Maybe the universe will balance itself with this.  Seeing how it's like the bizarro version of what happened with us, Reggie Nelson and his going to Cinci to come into his own.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

You never know. How many Jags players who sucked for us went elsewhere and played much better? #becauseBengals???
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-16-2019, 10:08 AM)B2hibry Wrote: This is what we call "taking a flyer." Either change of scenery gives him a boost or he's on the next flight out. If he looks bad in camp...he gone (Yes, I know camp doesn't really push OL like the season)! No harm no foul.

He was signed awfully early in free agency. Do you have a link to his contract?

I have a bad feeling about these signings that the Jags are paying way to much for players other teams didn't want.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Sometimes I think we have the most negative fan base outside the Acela Corridor. Ogbuehi is clearly a depth guy that they're hoping might turn into something more.
[Image: giphy.gif]

As a swing tackle/ utility guy who can possibly play 4 spots on the line I am ok with the signing as long as it is not starter money.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Does anyone have length/total/guarantee figures for his contract? This is either an ok signing or a terrible one. I'm not thrilled by the fact that we might have signed the only worse starting lineman than A.J. Cann in the entire league.

(03-16-2019, 03:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: Does anyone have length/total/guarantee figures for his contract? This is either an ok signing or a terrible one. I'm not thrilled by the fact that we might have signed the only worse starting lineman than A.J. Cann in the entire league.

Ogbuehi is worse than most backup O-Linemen in the NFL. Here in the Cincinnati area, I had to watch him stink it up every week.

(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:29 PM)NCJag Wrote: But failures are ALL WE HAVE!!  Soward, Williams, Jones, Nelson, Harvey, Monroe, Gabbert, Blackmon, Joeckel, Bortles, Fowler......the hit parade from the first round this century has been......GEH!

There are kernels of hope.  We hit on Stroud, Henderson, Ramsey.

Focus on them my friend. 

But egads that list is bad!

That's what considering "need" leads to in the draft. You take the Williams and pass on Roethlisburger, or take Matt Jones and pass on Aaron Rodgers, or take Fournette and pass on Mahomes.

Needs based drafting is basically saying "instead of taking a future Hall of Fame player that might not pay off in his first year or two but will lead us to championships down the line I think I'll take a guy that will be convenient on the depth chart in his rookie season and hope we got the evaluations wrong between him and this future Hall of Famer we're passing on."

(03-17-2019, 08:33 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There are kernels of hope.  We hit on Stroud, Henderson, Ramsey.

Focus on them my friend. 

But egads that list is bad!

That's what considering "need" leads to in the draft. You take the Williams and pass on Roethlisburger, or take Matt Jones and pass on Aaron Rodgers, or take Fournette and pass on Mahomes.

Every single team considers need with 90% of their draft picks.

LOL

What a ridiculous statement. 

Passing on mahomes was bad scouting and poor QB eval.