Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wonder what the other three think about the Jags landing Foles...

I think they're very happy we decided to pair this defense with Blake Bortles and Nick Foles rather than landing a true franchise QB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 04:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-25-2019, 03:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think they're very happy we decided to pair this defense with Blake Bortles and Nick Foles rather than landing a true franchise QB

I'm sure they would of much rather us take a huge gamble with our 1st round pick on a guy like Haskins than bring in the former SB MVP and draft a guy like Hockenson.

(03-25-2019, 04:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 03:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think they're very happy we decided to pair this defense with Blake Bortles and Nick Foles rather than landing a true franchise QB

I'm sure they would of much rather us take a huge gamble with our 1st round pick on a guy like Haskins than bring in the former SB MVP and draft a guy like Hockenson.

Yes they're definitely terrified of a 30 year old QB with 1.5 good seasons in his career..I mean the titans traded for a backup on the same QB tier as Foles not a few weeks ago

(03-25-2019, 05:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 04:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure they would of much rather us take a huge gamble with our 1st round pick on a guy like Haskins than bring in the former SB MVP and draft a guy like Hockenson.

Yes they're definitely terrified of a 30 year old QB with 1.5 good seasons in his career..I mean the titans traded for a backup on the same QB tier as Foles not a few weeks ago

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/03...CxcRM4yVYE

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-26-2019, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 05:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes they're definitely terrified of a 30 year old QB with 1.5 good seasons in his career..I mean the titans traded for a backup on the same QB tier as Foles not a few weeks ago

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/03...CxcRM4yVYE

Saw that. He's hardly going to say they're delighted he's in the division now is he

(03-26-2019, 07:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 04:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/03...CxcRM4yVYE

Saw that. He's hardly going to say they're delighted he's in the division now is he

No, but he didn't have to say anything, or at least as much as he did.

(03-26-2019, 07:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Saw that. He's hardly going to say they're delighted he's in the division now is he

No, but he didn't have to say anything, or at least as much as he did.

Plenty of NFL coaches said how great Gus Bradley and Blake were publicly. I guess I just don't pay any praise like that attention until we see actual results

(03-26-2019, 07:32 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: No, but he didn't have to say anything, or at least as much as he did.

Plenty of NFL coaches said how great Gus Bradley and Blake were publicly. I guess I just don't pay any praise like that attention until we see actual results

Welp...you have a point there.

Bottom line:  Whether other teams are worried about Foles or not, he has to produce.

(03-26-2019, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 07:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: Plenty of NFL coaches said how great Gus Bradley and Blake were publicly. I guess I just don't pay any praise like that attention until we see actual results

Welp...you have a point there.

Bottom line:  Whether other teams are worried about Foles or not, he has to produce.

One thing is certain....they are very upset Blake isn't the QB anymore lol

From a Colts fan perspective:

1) Bortles always had his best games against the Colts, so from a head-to-head perspective, it really doesn't matter. Heck, the Jags beat the Colts with Kessler and a whopping 6 points. It all comes down to how well the Colts offense can play against one of the league's best defenses (Jaguars). So far, the Colts have been shut out for 6 straight quarters.

2) If Foles can provide more consistency against all of the other teams, (which Bortles never could) then the Jaguars can have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. The AFC South will be very competitive this year and all 4 teams have a real shot at the playoffs. I still think that the Colts have the best QB in the division and that gives them a slight advantage.

(03-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Flash7 Wrote: From a Colts fan perspective:

1) Bortles always had his best games against the Colts, so from a head-to-head perspective, it really doesn't matter. Heck, the Jags beat the Colts with Kessler and a whopping 6 points. It all comes down to how well the Colts offense can play against one of the league's best defenses (Jaguars). So far, the Colts have been shut out for 6 straight quarters.

2) If Foles can provide more consistency against all of the other teams, (which Bortles never could) then the Jaguars can have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. The AFC South will be very competitive this year and all 4 teams have a real shot at the playoffs. I still think that the Colts have the best QB in the division and that gives them a slight advantage.

First of all, welcome to the board.

I can't disagree with you regarding the best QB in the division at this point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Flash7 Wrote: From a Colts fan perspective:

As to the point in bold, those NFC South and AFC West teams are going to have their hands full playing our division in 2019.

All four of the teams should have good defenses.  NFC South?  Who knows?  Tampa and Carolina are transitioning to 3-4 schemes.  Neither has a 3-4 OLB, and Tampa has no CBs.  Who knows if Carolina has a NT?  New Orleans has a strong defense, but Atlanta is mediocre.  The AFC West?  The Chiefs have no secondary and no defensive ends as they switch to a 4-3.  Oakland is completely retooling their defense.  

All four of the teams should be pretty good offensively.  

There are no Gus Bradleys in any of the coaching staffs.  This should be the toughest our division has been top to bottom in quite some time.

(03-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Foles cant tackle derrick henry either

You do realize that the Jags letting D. Henry pad his stats is all part of the bigger plan to send the Titans into cap hell once he's up for a new contract don't you?  Henry's agent is going to show your GM clips vs the Jags and you all will sign him to a 5-year $100 million dollar contract which will send your team in a downward spiral for at least a decade.

Jags know what they are doing.  Obviously, our D missing tackles and getting thrown down like rag dolls was the perfect act.

(03-27-2019, 06:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Foles cant tackle derrick henry either

You do realize that the Jags letting D. Henry pad his stats is all part of the bigger plan to send the Titans into cap hell once he's up for a new contract don't you?  Henry's agent is going to show your GM clips vs the Jags and you all will sign him to a 5-year $100 million dollar contract which will send your team in a downward spiral for at least a decade.

Jags know what they are doing.  Obviously, our D missing tackles and getting thrown down like rag dolls was the perfect act.

Lol good take
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(03-26-2019, 09:51 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Welp...you have a point there.

One thing is certain....they are very upset Blake isn't the QB anymore lol

Actually we're 2 years into acceptance.. We just want to know why the hell y'all resigned the guy?

In my opinion, I think most fans are going to look at Foles and look at his whole body of work. We’re going to say he’s at least better than Bortles. I think most Jaguar fans are going to ignore his body of work and instead look at his super bowl and say hey, we’ve got a super bowl mvp. And that’s ok. Nobody knows how he’s going to play in Jacksonville yet.

(03-27-2019, 10:14 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: In my opinion, I think most fans are going to look at Foles and look at his whole body of work. We’re going to say he’s at least better than Bortles. I think most Jaguar fans are going to ignore his body of work and instead look at his super bowl and say hey, we’ve got a super bowl mvp. And that’s ok. Nobody knows how he’s going to play in Jacksonville yet.

Nice post
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(03-27-2019, 06:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

This is Omaha-level work of art. /golfclap

(03-27-2019, 10:14 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: In my opinion, I think most fans are going to look at Foles and look at his whole body of work. We’re going to say he’s at least better than Bortles. I think most Jaguar fans are going to ignore his body of work and instead look at his super bowl and say hey, we’ve got a super bowl mvp. And that’s ok. Nobody knows how he’s going to play in Jacksonville yet.

It appears you've misjudged that. 

The threads discussing Foles indicate that maybe 30% of fans are beating that mvp drum, another 30% are bummed at the signing opposed to getting Haskins (or another prospect) in the draft, and the rest reside somewhere in the middle - happy to upgrade from Bortles, but not expecting the world from Foles.

(04-03-2019, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It appears you've misjudged that. 

The threads discussing Foles indicate that maybe 30% of fans are beating that mvp drum, another 30% are bummed at the signing opposed to getting Haskins (or another prospect) in the draft, and the rest reside somewhere in the middle - happy to upgrade from Bortles, but not expecting the world from Foles.

Count me in the last category.  The position was upgraded which is all that the team needs at this point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.