Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have you ever wanted something for no good reason?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 07:19 AM by Jags.)

(03-20-2019, 11:53 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote: Overall I think I’m pretty good about not buying things that I don’t need. With my background I’ve always been pretty good at buying things that hold their value, I consider them to be liquid assets. I love watches, I’ve got two Rolex, three Omegas and a few lower end models. At my local Rolex AD I am on a waitlist for basically any stainless sport model, Sub, GMT, Daytona, a week ago when I was there they told me within a few weeks they should have something, I’m hoping for the Daytona. Do I need it? No. But to buy a nice watch that’ll only gain value over time, why not?

Let me ask you this, if you don’t mind.  This is an honest story/question.  My nephew found what he thinks is a real Rolex.  He works at some sort of dump or waste facility.  Tbh, I am a little confused as to where or what kind.  Didn’t sound like the normal place regular trash went.  He noticed a pile of watches and went through them and found this watch.  It says it’s a Rolex submariner.  He supposedly did research on identifying real ones and show me the watch and research.  Based off that, all signs point to it could be real.  The problem is, with the potential value, he’s afraid if he took it in for repairs or inquire about it, that it would be linked to a crime, whether just stolen or worse and doesn’t want to get in trouble. After all, something like that doesn’t end in a dump for no reason.  Seems like either fake, or someone trying to distance themselves from it. He’s had an offer for it from a coworker that supposedly already owns a genuine Rolex.  What, could he do? If he took it in and numbers (assuming they have serial numbers) match to stolen or from a guy whose murderer is still out,  can he get in trouble, or do they just hand it over to police? Assuming, he’s told me the real story and not some premeditated fabrication of the truth, what’s his options?

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-20-2019, 11:59 AM
RE: Have you ever wanted something for no good reason? - by Jags - 03-21-2019, 07:16 AM