Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles Signs With L.A. Rams

(03-18-2019, 08:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd say he gets around 3/4 million

I was thinking 4.5 per year - 2 years, maybe three with an option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've never wanted a player to get injured but I want to see Goff go down and see what Blake can do with the Rams

(03-18-2019, 08:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 08:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd say he gets around 3/4 million

I was thinking 4.5 per year - 2 years, maybe three with an option.

It's a 1 year deal, the amount hasn't been said though.

Good for him. Great spot for him to be.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

So what he chose to sit the bench vs competing to start. To me that's an odd choice. It better be at least 5 mil.

Good for him, not a bad place to land. Maybe the Rams will try him at tight end.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Good for him! I'm glad we've moved on from him, but i'm also quite glad to see that he's still getting to make a career out of this. Even being a backup in this crazy league is still an advantage, if you do well enough in a handful of games...

so when the rams get to the sb agains the pats again they will unleash blake the patriot killer bortles on them lol

cant wait to see him in a true offense the fits his style ~~

(03-18-2019, 10:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: so when the rams get to the sb agains the pats again they will unleash blake the patriot killer bortles on them lol

They clearly signed him so they can learn how to beat the Pats.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Really happy he's gone. Like the saying goes, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.. Be gone, wanna be..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

It's a one year deal for Blake. Amount not yet made public.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 04:12 AM by TearExtractor.)

(03-18-2019, 07:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: So much for the folks who said he'll struggle to find a backup job..........

Said no one ever.

(03-18-2019, 08:29 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: Guess I found my new team. Peace out, Jacksonville

Im sure the Rams will love you. Every team wants fans like you!

(03-18-2019, 10:07 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: cant wait to see him in a true offense the fits his style ~~
Then go watch him hold a clipboard.

(03-18-2019, 08:03 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Although it was certainly time for us to part ways, I wish him nothing but success moving forward.  I have a feeling we’ll see him start games again at some point, probably due to injury, whether it’s with the Rams or some other team down the road.

Well said, and completely agree. Does this mean we get to offset some of that cap hit?

Good move. He’ll get a fresh start and not have much pressure on him as the clipboard guru. Maybe he gets recharged before eventually competing for a starting role elsewhere.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 09:26 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

McVay could probably make BB into a better QB for his system than Goff is. It will be interesting when Goff begins to struggle.

Picture going from Jacksonville to the potential face of a franchise when their multi-billion dollar stadium debuts.

Seriously though, his good buddy Chad will be able to show him how to hack the Surface Pro so he can play solitaire while pretending to look at plays.

(03-18-2019, 08:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/statu...6272180225

I told my husband this morning Blake must have loved the atmosphere in LA as well as being around a young coach with 21st century strategy.

(03-18-2019, 09:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 08:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was thinking 4.5 per year - 2 years, maybe three with an option.

It's a 1 year deal, the amount hasn't been said though.

Since it's a 1-year deal, I'd imagine it will be at the league minimum of $805,000 with $90,000 in bonuses. That way he will only count $645,000 against the cap for the Rams. And since his Jag contract was $6.5 million in guaranteed salary this year with offsets, he would not receive any additional salary unless the Rams paid him over $6.5 million.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2019, 10:56 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Yeah the 1 year deal is not good news for us I’m thinking. He probably signed for very little in a place he wants to be rather than really cared about trying to maximize his salary and guarantee himself future financial security this year. Kind of a final finger gesture to the Jags. We’ll see I guess.

I hope he isn’t that petty to choose to risk his body on a 1 year deal even as a back up. He’s only 1 snap away from being the starter.