Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Parris Campbell

(03-28-2019, 05:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look who he had throwing him the ball.

I'd take Isabella over him. Gonna call it now, Isabella wont make it to the 3rd.  Hes gonna be a star

I'm tempted to take this bet. There's no placing Isabella among the top 10 WRs this year, so I'm saying he at least makes it to the first pick in round three.

If you disagree about not being able to place him in the top 10, then go ahead and show me even one published ranking with him listed as high.

Pff has him ranked the number 1 WR for this past season.  Look at the production, he plays for a small school but had over 200 yrds 15 catches and 2 TDs against Georgia.  Hes the next Edleman/Welker but much better than they were coming out.  Of course Eldeman was a QB

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/co...rs-in-2018

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-28-2019, 05:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:28 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Maybe its lower down the list because we have less than what you listed trotting out at RG/RT/TE.

This draft just so happens to have some nice TE in the 1st round and some solid/nice OL that will be available in the 2nd.

The WR class is also pretty deep this year and Campbell could be there in the 3rd along with some other nice WRs.

We just gave Cann a huge extension to remain our starting RG, and given Marrone's recent comments about him, I don't see that changing. Our OL is set outside of RT which I agree we do need just as much. Indeed we have to go RT early as well.

If we get Hockenson then I can see going RT in round two and WR in round three... otherwise I expect a RT in round one. At that point, we're probably better off going WR in round two and TE in round three. I'd be stoked if Campbell is still there in round three, but I'm doubting he lasts that long.

We actually gave Cann a modest extension. It was far from huge. Even so, he sucks and we have zero depth at OG. Richardson may start at RT, but who knows. We still need a swing tackle in case of injury, because again, we have no depth at OT. I believe we will be fine at WR with Lee, Westbrook and a combo of Chark and Conley. Having a QB like Foles, automatically will make them better, but we desperately need to give Foles a safety net at the TE position. We currently have nothing there either.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 06:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-28-2019, 06:03 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm tempted to take this bet. There's no placing Isabella among the top 10 WRs this year, so I'm saying he at least makes it to the first pick in round three.

If you disagree about not being able to place him in the top 10, then go ahead and show me even one published ranking with him listed as high.

I could see NE grabbing him with one of their 2nd rounders.

Yeah I dont see him getting past NE in the 2nd

(03-28-2019, 06:06 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look who he had throwing him the ball.

I'd take Isabella over him. Gonna call it now, Isabella wont make it to the 3rd.  Hes gonna be a star

I agree. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patriotswir...bella/amp/

That article is just saying water is wet

(03-28-2019, 05:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: All that speed and only avg 11.8 ypc.   Pass.

@Maybe the problem was his QB@

/runs

(03-28-2019, 05:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:28 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Maybe its lower down the list because we have less than what you listed trotting out at RG/RT/TE.

This draft just so happens to have some nice TE in the 1st round and some solid/nice OL that will be available in the 2nd.

The WR class is also pretty deep this year and Campbell could be there in the 3rd along with some other nice WRs.

We just gave Cann a huge extension to remain our starting RG...

Huge? 

He's the 33rd highest paid guard and his deal is set up to cut him after 2020. That is not huge.  

If he's outplayed by the loser of the RT battle (between Richardson and a rookie) then he'll become depth and Marrone won't bat an eyelash.
I really hope they draft TE and tackle before considering a receiver.

(03-29-2019, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 05:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote: We just gave Cann a huge extension to remain our starting RG...

Huge? 

He's the 33rd highest paid guard and his deal is set up to cut him after 2020. That is not huge.  

If he's outplayed by the loser of the RT battle (between Richardson and a rookie) then he'll become depth and Marrone won't bat an eyelash.
If we take Hockenson in the first, Taylor, Dillard, Ford, Lindstrom, and McGary are the only lineman in would take with our 2nd pick.  Bradbury is really good as well but I see him as a center only and we would have to move Linder to RG.  I would be good with than but I'm not sure the coaching staff would do it.  It's a very good possibility all 5 of those offensive lineman will be off the board when we pick.  If they are there are only 3 defenders I think will be in play if there.  Adderley, Gardner, and Ferguson.  It will come down to those 3 or a WR imo.  I wouldnt reach on a lineman for need though if the value isnt there

(03-29-2019, 09:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Huge? 

If we take Hockenson in the first, Taylor, Dillard, Ford, Lindstrom, and McGary are the only lineman in would take with our 2nd pick.  Bradbury is really good as well but I see him as a center only and we would have to move Linder to RG.  I would be good with than but I'm not sure the coaching staff would do it.  It's a very good possibility all 5 of those offensive lineman will be off the board when we pick.  If they are there are only 3 defenders I think will be in play if there.  Adderley, Gardner, and Ferguson.  It will come down to those 3 or a WR imo.  I wouldnt reach on a lineman for need though if the value isnt there

That's all speculation based on TE in the first round, which may not happen. 

They may go OL in the 1st.

TE in the second. 

I see the upside with Campbell. Wouldn't hate the pick. I'd just hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Stephen Hill  - and I hope they find a way to max out TE and OL value early.

(03-29-2019, 09:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Huge? 

Taylor/Dillard/Ford will most likely be gone...decent chance Lindstrom/McGary still there...decent chance Risner/McCoy are there as well which I would be happy with.

(03-29-2019, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 09:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we take Hockenson in the first, Taylor, Dillard, Ford, Lindstrom, and McGary are the only lineman in would take with our 2nd pick.  Bradbury is really good as well but I see him as a center only and we would have to move Linder to RG.  I would be good with than but I'm not sure the coaching staff would do it.  It's a very good possibility all 5 of those offensive lineman will be off the board when we pick.  If they are there are only 3 defenders I think will be in play if there.  Adderley, Gardner, and Ferguson.  It will come down to those 3 or a WR imo.  I wouldnt reach on a lineman for need though if the value isnt there

That's all speculation based on TE in the first round, which may not happen. 

TE in the second. 

I see the upside with Campbell. Wouldn't hate the pick. I'd just hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Stephen Hill  - and I hope they find a way to max out TE and OL value early.

If we did go WR in the 2nd I'd say there is a 95% chance it wouldnt be Campbell.

(03-29-2019, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's all speculation based on TE in the first round, which may not happen. 

TE in the second. 

If we did go WR in the 2nd I'd say there is a 95% chance it wouldnt be Campbell.
That's mostly because he won't be available then.