Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump vows to release FISA docs

I say good, let the public see what a sham this whole thing was.............

Trump vows to release FISA docs now that Mueller probe is concluded, slams 'treasonous' FBI

President Trump, in an exclusive wide-ranging interview Wednesday night with Fox News' "Hannity," vowed to release the full and unredacted Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants and related documents used by the FBI to probe his campaign, saying he wants to "get to the bottom" of how the long-running Russia collusion narrative began.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-v...E9VC_DPHxk
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In the vein of transparency...release it ALL!!!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 09:03 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Trump is a pretty smart man. I feel the timing of this release will be pretty impeccable.

On another note, what other President calls into a network show and takes questions for a solid 45 minutes strait?

(03-28-2019, 08:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote: In the vein of transparency...release it ALL!!!

This. Release everything. Don't redact anything unless it directly links to the SDNY investigation. If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should have nothing to fear by the entire report seeing the light of day. Ditto Democrats who probably don't want some of the items noted in that report to be public knowledge.

(03-28-2019, 01:27 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 08:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote: In the vein of transparency...release it ALL!!!

This. Release everything. Don't redact anything unless it directly links to the SDNY investigation. If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should have nothing to fear by the entire report seeing the light of day. Ditto Democrats who probably don't want some of the items noted in that report to be public knowledge.

I would ad sources and methods

(03-28-2019, 02:02 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 01:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: This. Release everything. Don't redact anything unless it directly links to the SDNY investigation. If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should have nothing to fear by the entire report seeing the light of day. Ditto Democrats who probably don't want some of the items noted in that report to be public knowledge.

I would ad sources and methods

If they're in the report, yes. If not, you're asking a Democratic House to open up yet another investigation.

Honestly, the best solution at this point is to release the report, give the country a couple of weeks to digest it, then put Mueller on the House and Senate floors (separately) for specific questioning on parts of the report, where the information came from, any logical "connect the dots" questions, whether they point towards Trump being corrupt (duh) or Democrats using the government to broadly target political opponents (duh).

He vowed to release it! I guess that means he'll do it right after he releases those tax returns!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-29-2019, 02:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: He vowed to release it!  I guess that means he'll do it right after he releases those tax returns!

Looks like that TDS is flaring up today Mike. Better get some cortisone on that ASAP.

The release of the FISA documents will be a strategic move. No need to do it now with the Democratic party currently digging their own grave.

(03-29-2019, 02:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: He vowed to release it!  I guess that means he'll do it right after he releases those tax returns!

Looks like that TDS is flaring up today Mike. Better get some cortisone on that ASAP.

The release of the FISA documents will be a strategic move. No need to do it now with the Democratic party currently digging their own grave.

Anything to win a news cycle.

(03-29-2019, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Looks like that TDS is flaring up today Mike. Better get some cortisone on that ASAP.

Anything to win a news cycle.

If that is what you call exposing the deepest corrupt levels of our government, then sure.

(03-29-2019, 03:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: Anything to win a news cycle.

If that is what you call exposing the deepest corrupt levels of our government, then sure.

Why not do it now?

(03-29-2019, 04:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 03:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If that is what you call exposing the deepest corrupt levels of our government, then sure.

Why not do it now?

He doesn't need it now, but it will be great ammo during the campaign season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-29-2019, 04:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 03:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If that is what you call exposing the deepest corrupt levels of our government, then sure.

Why not do it now?

I dunno. Why did Mueller continue his investigation for 18 months after he already knew there was no collusion?

(03-29-2019, 05:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 04:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: Why not do it now?

He doesn't need it now, but it will be great ammo during the campaign season.

Exactly. the goal is just to win a news cycle.

(03-29-2019, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 05:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He doesn't need it now, but it will be great ammo during the campaign season.

Exactly. the goal is just to win a news cycle an election.

FTFY.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 08:43 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-28-2019, 08:42 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I say good, let the public see what a sham this whole thing was.............

Trump vows to release FISA docs now that Mueller probe is concluded, slams 'treasonous' FBI

President Trump, in an exclusive wide-ranging interview Wednesday night with Fox News' "Hannity," vowed to release the full and unredacted Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants and related documents used by the FBI to probe his campaign, saying he wants to "get to the bottom" of how the long-running Russia collusion narrative began.

I think we should see everything- the Mueller report, the FISA documents and everything else.  Why not?

(03-30-2019, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 08:42 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I say good, let the public see what a sham this whole thing was.............

I think we should see everything- the Mueller report, the FISA documents and everything else.  Why not?

Yeah. In my opinion, if you release one you are going to need to release it all to provide context and tone down the Dem scrubing for vague opening to another useless investigation. Honestly, and man I hate to lean this way, but there needs to be a Special Counsel to investigate pre to post election corruption from previous to current executive and DOJ corruption against Trump. It feels wrong to continue to hunt down a guy when it was all triggered by false pretenses.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-30-2019, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Well, for one thing Grand Jury proceedings are required by law to be kept secret, and Mueller convened several Grand Juries.

Also, dirt uncovered as a byproduct of the investigation that is not pertinent to conspiring with Russia should be redacted. For example, consider a married woman not even connected to the Trump administration being mentioned as the paramour of someone who was connected. Should her life be ruined just to satisfy the curiosity of the public?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-30-2019, 11:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think we should see everything- the Mueller report, the FISA documents and everything else.  Why not?

Well, for one thing Grand Jury proceedings are required by law to be kept secret, and Mueller convened several Grand Juries.

Also, dirt uncovered as a byproduct of the investigation that is not pertinent to conspiring with Russia should be redacted. For example, consider a married woman not even connected to the Trump administration being mentioned as the paramour of someone who was connected. Should her life be ruined just to satisfy the curiosity of the public?

Yes. If it's not related to the SDNY investigation, it should be released unaltered. If you don't want your life ruined, don't bang the President on the side.