Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade back in the first

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 11:39 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I honestly think this will be the first year we finally get our trade back most of us have always wanted.  There will be at least 1 elite defender and probably 1 of Lock or Haskins.  Even if we went as far back as Mia.  There will be 1 of Taylor, Hockenson, Metcalf, Ford, or one of the top defenders and add another 2nd at the very least to our draft.  There isnt any doubt at this point that, that will be best case scenario

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best case scenario, I agree. Although I feel like that most years we draft in the top 10, and it never happens. I honestly wouldn't mind them taking less than 'market value' for the pick if it means adding another day 2 pick. There's gonna be at least 5 players who we could take in the first that would be a good pick...

I'm with you on this one. Let's say they trade with Miami. An equitable trade would be:

Jags get pick 13 in round 1 and 48 in round 2

Dolphins get pick 7 in round 1 and Jags 2nd 3rd round pick.

In this scenerio, I'd like to see:

Rd. 1 (13) - Jonah Williams

Rd. 2 (38) - Chris Lindstrom

Rd. 2 ( 48) Dawson Knox

Rd. 3 (69) Deebo Samuel (less than 50-50 he'll be there) or Terry McLaurin

Rd. 4 Trayveon Williams or Devin Singletary

Obviously, this draft focuses on offense exclusively. Would love to see Williams and Lindstrom join Robinson, Linder and Norwell on the offensive line. Upgrading the tight end and receiver positions would also help Foles
succeed. Without a trade-back, there's a good chance I'd have taken one of the defensive studs still on the board but that's the price you pay for trading back.

(03-29-2019, 12:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm with you on this one. Let's say they trade with Miami. An equitable trade would be:

Rd. 1 (13) -  Jonah Williams

Rd. 2 (38) -  Chris Lindstrom

Rd. 2 ( 48)  Dawson Knox

Rd. 3 (69)  Deebo Samuel (less than 50-50 he'll be there) or Terry McLaurin

Rd. 4          Trayveon Williams or Devin Singletary

Obviously, this draft focuses on offense exclusively. Would love to see Williams and Lindstrom join Robinson, Linder and Norwell on the offensive line. Upgrading the tight end and receiver positions would also help Foles
succeed. Without a trade-back, there's a good chance I'd have taken one of the defensive studs still on the board but that's the price you pay for trading back.

That would be a really good draft

(03-29-2019, 12:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm with you on this one. Let's say they trade with Miami. An equitable trade would be:

Rd. 1 (13) -  Jonah Williams

Rd. 2 (38) -  Chris Lindstrom

Rd. 2 ( 48)  Dawson Knox

Rd. 3 (69)  Deebo Samuel (less than 50-50 he'll be there) or Terry McLaurin

Rd. 4          Trayveon Williams or Devin Singletary

If they are coming up... they better add their 3rd and we keep ours.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The next time Dave trades back will be the first time Dave has traded back, so as cool as it might be if we could...I ain't holding my breath.

This would be a GRT year for a trade back. Sign me up. Like to see it once in my lifetime.

(04-01-2019, 10:13 PM)surfon Wrote: This would be a GRT year for a trade back.  Sign me up.  Like to see it once in my lifetime.

Unless you are eleven years old or less, you HAVE seen the Jaguars trade back in the first down.

They did it once-in 2007.  That was the year we drafted Reggie Nelson.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!