Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft hopes and nightmares

All this back and forth about Dareus...the truth is this is his last year here.

He isn't coming back at a $22.5 Million option.

And give me a DT pairing of Williams/Bryan to any 0Tech/Bryan. The league is becoming more pass happy and the best pressure is inside pressure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 06:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

So spend the 7th round pick on a defensive player and still have a hole at DE next year when Campbell leaves. No thanks

Local man says no thanks to Quinnen Williams

(04-02-2019, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So spend the 7th round pick on a defensive player and still have a hole at DE next year when Campbell leaves.  No thanks

Campbell is leaving next year?

He is a lot more affordable than Dareus will be...and could be one to restructure.

Plus this isn't just a defensive pick to be a defensive pick...he is the number 2 overall player on most boards....if he falls to 7 and cant traded you take him.

(04-02-2019, 06:21 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So spend the 7th round pick on a defensive player and still have a hole at DE next year when Campbell leaves.  No thanks

Campbell is leaving next year?

He is a lot more affordable than Dareus will be...and could be one to restructure.

Plus this isn't just a defensive pick to be a defensive pick...he is the number 2 overall player on most boards....if he falls to 7 and cant traded you take him.

If he is the number 2 player on most boards he wont fall to pick 7

(04-02-2019, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:21 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Campbell is leaving next year?

That's why we're working under an "if he does scenario"

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 07:11 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

No crap Sherlock...but the prior discussion said "if he was"

Case in point Ramsey falling to 5...Tunsil falling...and Jack the top 3 rated in 2016.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com...000&sr=amp

(04-02-2019, 07:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he is the number 2 player on most boards he wont fall to pick 7

Case in point Ramsey falling to 5...Tunsil falling...and Jack the top 3 rated in 2016.

Tunsil fell because of a video of him smoking and Jack fell because of a knee injury

Lol Classic

“Well it won’t matter because he won’t be there!”

(04-02-2019, 05:53 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: All this back and forth about Dareus...the truth is this is his last year here.  

And give me a DT pairing of Williams/Bryan to any 0Tech/Bryan.  The league is becoming more pass happy and the best pressure is inside pressure.

I'm a big believer in filling needs as they come and not any earlier. Right now, we have Dareus, Bryan and Campbell. When we lose one or two of them, we'll fill those needs, but right now, we have immediate needs at TE, RG, RT, FS and depth needs at RB, DE and WR.

(04-02-2019, 07:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: No crap Sherlock...but the prior discussion said "if he was"

Tunsil fell because of a video of him smoking and Jack fell because of a knee injury

Interesting you skipped the #2 Ramsey...he shouldn't have been there right?

(04-02-2019, 07:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he is the number 2 player on most boards he wont fall to pick 7

Really, my point was the boards you see on these websites aren't the same you see on teams boards.  Sometimes yes bu a lot of times no.  They do get more accurate the closer we get to the draft but still.  Remember when everyone thought Leonard Williams was a lock to go top 5? Went at 6 but still.  Scherrf went top 5 and he wasnt ever mocked in the top 5 and that's who we should of taken.  All it takes is one team though. 

With all that said, I never said I wouldn't take William's and I do think he is a hell of a tackle but i like Oliver better.  I also think that the best way to help the defense is to help the offense.  I still want Hockenson at 7, I think he will be an All Pro

(04-02-2019, 07:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:53 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: All this back and forth about Dareus...the truth is this is his last year here.  

And give me a DT pairing of Williams/Bryan to any 0Tech/Bryan.  The league is becoming more pass happy and the best pressure is inside pressure.

I'm a big believer in filling needs as they come and not any earlier. Right now, we have Dareus, Bryan and Campbell. When we lose one or two of them, we'll fill those needs, but right now, we have immediate needs at TE, RG, RT, FS and depth needs at RB, DE and WR.
Did the Packers have a need at QB when they drafted Rodgers?

(04-02-2019, 07:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a big believer in filling needs as they come and not any earlier. Right now, we have Dareus, Bryan and Campbell. When we lose one or two of them, we'll fill those needs, but right now, we have immediate needs at TE, RG, RT, FS and depth needs at RB, DE and WR.
Did the Packers have a need at QB when they drafted Rodgers?

QB is an entirely different thing. Franchise QB's are so rare, you grab one if you get the chance. That's the only position that is the exception to the rule.

(04-02-2019, 07:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

And I'm a big believer in that if the #1/2 perceived player in the draft falls to you...you take them especially if there will be a hole at the position at years end and would still get significant playing time.

So would you take D. Lawrence in the 3rd ot draft your RB depth instead? The filling of needs is great but you just cant ignore an amazing talent if it falls to you...

(04-02-2019, 07:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did the Packers have a need at QB when they drafted Rodgers?

QB is an entirely different thing. Franchise QB's are so rare, you grab one if you get the chance. That's the only position that is the exception to the rule.
I’m not against Hockenson in this draft or Dillard/Jonah but I’d have a really hard time passing up Bosa/Q if they fell to #7.

I’d also take Haskins if he fell to #7.

(04-02-2019, 07:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:08 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: No crap Sherlock...but the prior discussion said "if he was"

Really, my point was the boards you see on these websites aren't the same you see on teams boards.  Sometimes yes bu a lot of times no.  They do get more accurate the closer we get to the draft but still.  Remember when everyone thought Leonard Williams was a lock to go top 5? Went at 6 but still.  Scherrf went top 5 and he wasnt ever mocked in the top 5 and that's who we should of taken.  All it takes is one team though. 

With all that said, I never said I wouldn't take William's and I do think he is a hell of a tackle but i like Oliver better.  I also think that the best way to help the defense is to help the offense.  I still want Hockenson at 7, I think he will be an All Pro

Everybody/Every Team is going to have different rankings which is why some of the top guys fall sometimes...which is why Q. Williams could fall as the hypothetical was put forward.

(04-02-2019, 07:33 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a big believer in filling needs as they come and not any earlier. Right now, we have Dareus, Bryan and Campbell. When we lose one or two of them, we'll fill those needs, but right now, we have immediate needs at TE, RG, RT, FS and depth needs at RB, DE and WR.

And I'm a big believer in that if the #1/2 perceived player in the draft falls to you...you take them especially if there will be a hole at the position at years end and would still get significant playing time.

So would you take D. Lawrence in the 3rd ot draft your RB depth instead? The filling of needs is great but you just cant ignore an amazing talent if it falls to you...

Well, Lawrence isn't lasting until the 3rd and will most likely be gone by the late first, early second at the latest. On top of that, I'd make sure I filled real immediate needs at TE, RG, RT and FS, before I'd even consider a position that wasn't a "need."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 07:54 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

(04-02-2019, 07:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:33 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: And I'm a big believer in that if the #1/2 perceived player in the draft falls to you...you take them especially if there will be a hole at the position at years end and would still get significant playing time.

Well, Lawrence isn't lasting until the 3rd and will most likely be gone by the late first, early second at the latest. On top of that, I'd make sure I filled real immediate needs at TE, RG, RT and FS, before I'd even consider a position that wasn't a "need."
So talent be damned...you are a pure need drafter?

Or I'll put it to you with a prospect that you love...Haskins is @ 7 you are the GM....you taking your Franchise QB or a need?

(04-02-2019, 07:49 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 07:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, Lawrence isn't lasting until the 3rd and will most likely be gone by the late first, early second at the latest. On top of that, I'd make sure I filled real immediate needs at TE, RG, RT and FS, before I'd even consider a position that wasn't a "need."
So talent be damned...you are a pure need drafter?

Or I'll put it to you with a prospect that you love...Haskins is @ 7 you are the GM....you taking your Franchise QB or a need?

I believe in drafting the BAP at a position of need. As I said before, QB is an exception to the rule. If you have a chance to draft a franchise QB, you always take the QB. Getting a franchise QB is so rare, that you have to take every chance you are given. I'd easily take Haskins. I was never on the "Foles" train to begin with and I believe Haskins is the only franchise QB in this draft.