Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Only 12 percent of Americans believe CNN

Many Americans believe network news channels lean to the left, few see CNN as neutral, poll finds

Many Americans believe the vast majority of media outlets have a liberal slant, most believe the media is too quick to get out in front of breaking news and a paltry 12 percent see CNN as neutral, according to a poll released Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ma...poll-finds
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who are the idiotic 12%
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-10-2019, 08:11 AM)Ronster Wrote: Who are the idiotic 12%

Look no further than the oxygen steelers of the House of Representatives and your neighborhood JUCO! The stragglers live on Yahoo comments and stroll through The Jungle on occasion. 

[Image: remember-when-we-used-toget-our-takonews...809794.png]
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-10-2019, 07:52 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Many Americans believe network news channels lean to the left, few see CNN as neutral, poll finds

Many Americans believe the vast majority of media outlets have a liberal slant, most believe the media is too quick to get out in front of breaking news and a paltry 12 percent see CNN as neutral, according to a poll released Tuesday.

"The majority of Americans find several outlets as “credible,” including 63 percent who say ABC and CBS are; 61 percent who say NBC is; 57 percent who say The Wall Street Journal is; 53 percent who say CNN and The New York Times are; and 52 percent who say Fox News is."

So, how do you reconcile your statement that only 12 percent of Americans believe CNN with the statement in the article that says 53 percent say CNN is credible?   

Incidentally, the article also says 53% say CNN is credible, and 52 % say Fox is credible.   So more people believe CNN than FOX.  

(04-10-2019, 01:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 07:52 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Many Americans believe network news channels lean to the left, few see CNN as neutral, poll finds

"The majority of Americans find several outlets as “credible,” including 63 percent who say ABC and CBS are; 61 percent who say NBC is; 57 percent who say The Wall Street Journal is; 53 percent who say CNN and The New York Times are; and 52 percent who say Fox News is."

So, how do you reconcile your statement that only 12 percent of Americans believe CNN with the statement in the article that says 53 percent say CNN is credible?   

Incidentally, the article also says 53% say CNN is credible, and 52 % say Fox is credible.   So more people believe CNN than FOX.  

I'm not sure "credible" and "neutral" mean the same thing here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-10-2019, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 01:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: "The majority of Americans find several outlets as “credible,” including 63 percent who say ABC and CBS are; 61 percent who say NBC is; 57 percent who say The Wall Street Journal is; 53 percent who say CNN and The New York Times are; and 52 percent who say Fox News is."

I'm not sure "credible" and "neutral" mean the same thing here.

No, of course not.  But read the thread title: "Only 12% of Americans believe CNN."   That's not what the article actually says.  What it actually says is that 53% of Americans believe CNN.

I personally get my news from a variety of sources including both CNN and FOX and make my own determination.  I DON'T get any of my news from any kind of social media.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 03:24 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(04-10-2019, 03:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I personally get my news from a variety of sources including both CNN and FOX and make my own determination.  I DON'T get any of my news from any kind of social media.

I only use drudge anymore, I can read what I want. I don't watch any news channels, and if I did, it would be the financial channels.

Most news, even on the internet, can only make it about 2 paragraphs before they start inserting bias. Even the AP, which at least somewhat tries to be neutral, still references back to disputable liberal talking points within a couple paragraphs.

The only time I get good journalism anymore is when its completely unrelated to politics, which apparently nothing is anymore. Thats how you know government has gotten to big, when people what to bring it into every aspect of life. I guess this forum is even proof of that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-10-2019, 03:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I personally get my news from a variety of sources including both CNN and FOX and make my own determination.  I DON'T get any of my news from any kind of social media.

I do the same thing.   CNN and FOX emphasize different issues, and report different facts.  They both report the truth.  Neither reports the whole truth.  You have to read both to get the whole truth.  

Personally, even though I know their editorials slant severely to the left, I love the New York Times.  Other than the editorials and opinion pieces, they have some really high-quality articles.  Fox News seems very dumbed-down by comparison.  Foxnews.com is very dull to me.  It seems to be 95% opinion, pitched at a really low level.   I still peruse it, but I wish there was a conservative website with the quality of the New York Times.

(04-10-2019, 03:23 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

I only use drudge anymore, I can read what I want. I don't watch any news channels, and if I did, it would be the financial channels.

Most news, even on the internet, can only make it about 2 paragraphs before they start inserting bias. Even the AP, which at least somewhat tries to be neutral, still references back to disputable liberal talking points within a couple paragraphs.

The only time I get good journalism anymore is when its completely unrelated to politics, which apparently nothing is anymore. Thats how you know government has gotten to big, when people what to bring it into every aspect of life. I guess this forum is even proof of that.

I'm pretty much the same way.  I do use Drudge as one of my sources of daily news as well.  On radio and television I mostly listen to or watch FOX Business though sometimes that gets a bit old too.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.