Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Civil Complaint Against Dareus Dismissed

Per PFT, one of the two lawsuits filed against Marcell Dareus for sexual assault and transmission of an STD has been dismissed with prejudice, which precludes that particular plaintiff from bringing that complaint up again in a Florida court.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2019, 11:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per PFT, one of the two lawsuits filed against Marcell Dareus for sexual assault and transmission of an STD has been dismissed with prejudice, which precludes that particular plaintiff from bringing that complaint up again in a Florida court.

Good news. I hate when people try top ruin other people's lives for no reason.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I think a great deal of us saw this coming. I remember when this story first came up a lot of us screamed "money grab"

It just never had the same feeling as a legit concern.

There were people who thought he'd be most certainly suspended.

(04-14-2019, 10:08 PM)nate Wrote: There were people who thought he'd be most certainly suspended.

I am one who was fearful of suspension, and still am to a degree.

There is still another civil suit against him out there on the same charge, IIRC.

He has prior indiscretions, and the commissioner still has the power to suspend him whether he is actually criminally charged or not.

The dismissal of this suit is a good thing for Dareus, the Jaguars, and Jaguars fans.  But I'm not celebrating just yet.

Ultimately, I hope the other suit is proven to be without merit and Dareus is fully exonerated.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

At first glance I thought, "What did Donovin do?"

Then I figured it out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've really grown to like Marcel since he's been here. I think he's actually feeling the same about being here too. A Bills fan really had me questioning the move at first. Made him out to be a real bad guy but I just don't see it.

(06-05-2019, 06:08 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I've really grown to like Marcel since he's been here. I think he's actually feeling the same about being here too. A Bills fan really had me questioning the move at first. Made him out to be a real bad guy but I just don't see it.

There’s something in the water up in Buffalo.

This is good news for both Marcel and the Jaguars. We the fans will not be effected other than being Butt Hurt. I too had the feeling that the female(s) were attempting to extract money any way that she/they could. I just hope that his money went to an lawyer for representation vs. the females to be paid to go away.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-14-2019, 10:08 PM)nate Wrote: There were people who thought he'd be most certainly suspended.

There are people who think Zeke will be suspended, but come on?
'02

(06-05-2019, 06:08 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I've really grown to like Marcel since he's been here. I think he's actually feeling the same about being here too. A Bills fan really had me questioning the move at first. Made him out to be a real bad guy but I just don't see it.

I absolutely love our rotation at NT with Dareus and Abry. Now we just have to figure out who is rotating with Taven between Smoot, D. Russell (our 7th round pick), Datone and Ankou. There also might be a role for an "elephant end" in the event Allen is more of an OLB role from his DE position. Smoot and Datone both project nicely for this role. ...maybe Ankou and Russell as well, but they strike me as being strictly 3-techs if not NTs. 

BTW, there are a few more DTs on the roster... Michael Hughes is a 2nd-year vet, and then Khairi Clark and Andrew Williams are UDFAs probably fighting for a PS spot along with Russell should he not make the active roster.
'02