Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 09:44 AM by americus 2.0.)

(05-09-2019, 08:33 AM)Kane Wrote: Couple notes after reading the last couple pages.

I always wonder why people so discontent with a show continue to watch it. As if it holds some sort of power over you. If it's that bad, you wouldn't really watch would you?
Then again... I know how message boards can be... full of piss and vinegar lol

That being said, yeah the writing seems a bit "fill in the blanks". One scene has Euron on the water and the very next he's back in Kings Landing... yeah I guess that seems a bit rushed. Last season (2 years ago) seemed a bit rushed too. That happens when TV catches up to the books. (Hell it happens in TV and movies made from books period.)

I love the show. It's about the characters and their development to me... not about who wins or why Dany didn't turn around and burn everyone when they killed her dragon. (Or why a moving target couldn't move out of the way of 3 scorpion shots)

If you want to dissect a fantasy novel TV show to decide why it isn't realistic and it isn't enjoyable to watch, do yourself a favor and stop watching.

Personally I think it's great and everyone seems to think they know what is going to happen but I don't think it is so cut and dry.
Not so sure the Night King is gone ( I like pirk's suggestion about the Raven/NK connection)
Some assume Jon will be sitting on the throne... but why Jon?
Maybe Cersei wins once all Jon, Dany, Sansa, and Arya start fighting about it.

With only 2 episodes left I'm certainly still enjoying the show even if the writing is "lacking" and the shortened seasons seem rushed.

I agree with everything you said, especially the writing. Few Stephen King novels have translated well to the screen. The more detailed the book the more gets lost in translation. 

This season already has taken left turns when I thought it would turn right so I'm not even trying to guess anymore. I do think Dany is losing it though. She's never been challenged/felt threatened when it comes to her claim to the Throne. Now she has and it's legit. Plus those Targareans/Targaryans (sp?) aren't known for their mental stability. At least Jon Snow's DNA is diluted with Stark DNA.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good episode. Arya goes faceless as a dragon to kill the queen. You heard it here first.

One episode and the show flips how I feel about almost every major character. There was warning signs but when Danny went full blown mad queen it changed everything. Suddenly a cruel cerci doesn’t seem so bad anymore, what has the Lannister’s ever done compared to that carnage?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

It is a tale of fire and ice. It is fitting that the final episode gets back to the title.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Such a powerful episode. Talk about heel turn. Wowza. The Mad Queen is for real.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Holy [BLEEP]

Humanizing Cersi before her death after everything that has happened was kind of odd.

Scathing review on the poor writing this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIr77g4082w

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 10:46 AM by Caldrac.)

https://youtu.be/PiloYP1wsI8

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Next episode is going to be bittersweet. I think Daenerys will die by Arya or Jon's hand. Jon will go back to the Night's Watch. A council will develop of a few good men left that can rule by committee.

But this season has felt rushed. D&D were privy to GRRM's ending before he wraps up the final two books. And they blundered it so far.

My only hope is that The Night King is somehow still alive, viable and an ultimate threat. Would be interesting if he's now in Bran's body and it ends with Bran's eyes turning blue after he was given a position of power at King's Landing.

That's how I would end it at this point. Jon clearly knows nothing though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-12-2019, 10:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: One episode and the show flips how I feel about almost every major character. There was warning signs but when Danny went full blown mad queen it changed everything. Suddenly a cruel cerci doesn’t seem so bad anymore, what has the Lannister’s ever done compared to that carnage?
Red Wedding.

Rains of Castamere.

The signing off of the death of the infant Targaryen's after Mad King Aerys was handled.

The Lannister's are still a pretty [BLEEP] family. Jaime and Cersei were never innocent. They tried to redeem themselves. But always fell short.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This whole season has felt like a clumsy scramble to tie up loose ends, clearly not penned by someone with two middle initials.

(05-13-2019, 10:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This whole season has felt like a clumsy scramble to tie up loose ends, clearly not penned by someone with two middle initials.

I think they made the mistake of only having 6 episodes. Even if they are longer episodes. It is naturally going to feel rushed even if total run time isn't that far off.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-13-2019, 08:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Humanizing Cersi before her death after everything that has happened was kind of odd.

No way!  Imminent defeat should have a humanizing affect on you.  When it is all said and done, I don't think anyone really wants to die.  Lena Headey deserves an award for her performance last night!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(05-13-2019, 10:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This whole season has felt like a clumsy scramble to tie up loose ends, clearly not penned by someone with two middle initials.
I seriously blame him more than anyone.

Finish the books dude and we wouldn't have all these issues.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 03:59 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-13-2019, 03:29 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Humanizing Cersi before her death after everything that has happened was kind of odd.

No way!  Imminent defeat should have a humanizing affect on you.  When it is all said and done, I don't think anyone really wants to die.  Lena Headey deserves an award for her performance last night!

Yeah, good point. I guess I let the unbelievably of Danny becoming the mad Queen cloud my judgement on Cersi.

Cersi seemed way to calm while the city was burning to the ground. I kept asking myself who else is alive that is going to shoot that dragon down.

(05-13-2019, 03:29 PM)copycat Wrote:

It was a wonderful performance, but I did not feel sorry for Cersei. I felt sorry for poor, noble, stupid Jaime. My initial disappointment was that Cersei's death didn't come at the hands of Arya, but I liked how she finally abandoned her list and saved herself.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 04:38 PM by copycat.)

(05-13-2019, 03:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 03:29 PM)copycat Wrote: No way!  Imminent defeat should have a humanizing affect on you.  When it is all said and done, I don't think anyone really wants to die.  Lena Headey deserves an award for her performance last night!

Yeah, good point. I guess I let the unbelievably of Danny becoming the mad Queen cloud my judgement on Cersi.

Cersi seemed way to calm while the city was burning to the ground. I kept asking myself who else is alive that is going to shoot that dragon down.

One step further, I am not sure who stated the acting was terrible recently but watching the Cerci smirk slowly turn to fear was a phenomenal acting performance.  Lena said so much without ever uttering a word.  

Looking into Terrain's eyes as Dani went full blown psycho made me feel his sadness.  Peter Dinklage was fatastic!

Vary's staring death in the face to do what was right all the while knowing his treason would cost him his life.  Conleth Hill nailed it!

Jon Snow realizing his dedication and honor were misplaced.  Kit Harrington's performance was priceless.

Arya and The Hound?  Talk about chemistry.  Maisie Williams and Rory McCann could do an entire series together.

Yes the story line feels rushed but these once little known actors have made the best of shall we say disappointing ending to a beloved series.

How it will probably end:
No one's guess, and probably something for everyone to dislike.

How it should end:
Bran has been in a coma all this time, these were his dreams. Or were they?

End that makes most sense:
Arya kills Dany, Jon and Arya hook up and she rules as Queen. Jon always falls for the strong girl and shuns responsibility of the crown.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-13-2019, 06:54 PM)pirkster Wrote: How it will probably end:
No one's guess, and probably something for everyone to dislike.

How it should end:
Bran has been in a coma all this time, these were his dreams.  Or were they?

End that makes most sense:
Arya kills Dany, Jon and Arya hook up and she rules as Queen.  Jon always falls for the strong girl and shuns responsibility of  the crown.

If he won't sleep with Dany now that he knows she's his aunt, he's definitely not going to hook up with the girl he grew up believing was his sister. I mean, Jon Snow may know nothing but he's got some morals.

(05-13-2019, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Scathing review on the poor writing this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIr77g4082w

While the season hasn't been all we hoped for or deserved, I don't agree with this dude. I didn't watch the whole thing because the summary was enough. 

I'm not surprised at all that Dany went nuts. I even said she would. She cares more about that Iron Throne than anything outside of her dragons and Cersei killed one and betrayed her for the other. Of course she wants revenge. 

Jon isn't a victim, his loyalty was misplaced and he realized it when Dany started burning the city. He suddenly knew she was what Varys all but said she was. 

I wasn't a fan of the Clengane brothers fighting it out but it was important to the character of Sandor and this series finale is all about tying up loose ends and that was one that needed to be tied. I hate that Sandor died but it had to happen. 

Arya isn't suddenly the face of GoT like he said. They were showing the carnage from her POV as she's trying to get the heck out of dodge. I thought it was well done. 

Damn you Jamie Lannister. Brienne deserves better than you anyway. You and your nasty sister can rot in hell together. Hopefully Brienne goes and finds Tormund and they can make giant babies together and be happy. And when I watch the series again from the beginning I can with the pleasant thought that all the crap those Lannisters did, especially Cersei, will end in their deaths with her begging for her life. Sadly not at the tip of Arya's sword.