Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

Among the myriad awful problems this season is they are clearly taking the characters that track well and trying to focus too hard on them. 

Arya, somewhat, all though she's not as large a problem as some of the others. Chiefly Sandor, Tormund, and especially Bronn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-13-2019, 10:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Among the myriad awful problems this season is they are clearly taking the characters that track well and trying to focus too hard on them. 

Arya, somewhat, all though she's not as large a problem as some of the others. Chiefly Sandor, Tormund, and especially Bronn.

Bronn feels woefully out of place this season. What was the point of his encounter with Jaime and Tyrion in Winterfell with that crossbow? It would be fitting if he shoots Tyrion or Drogon during a trial to either spare Tyrion a long, drawn out execution by dragon fire or to create a distraction to save him. 

I personally feel Bronn would save Tyrion after all the [BLEEP] they've been through. Unless for some crazy [BLEEP] reason Cersei did NOT die when everything was falling down on them. Maybe Jaime shielded her? Too hard to tell. Just seems odd. Tormund honestly got shafted the most. As did Brienne. But it does fall back into what GRRM and D&D have said all along. It's a bittersweet ending for a ton of characters. Not just the main characters.

I didn't mind Sandor's exit. We all wanted Cleganebowl. It was an exciting finish to a life long struggle Sandor had to endure. Out of ALL the characters in this series. He was by far my favorite overall story arc and he developed perfectly over the years. I can live with him dying the way he did. 

Arya is an unsung hero. She's overshadowed but going back to season one she was essentially training her entire life for these very same moments we've seen her come through and execute perfectly. Sansa though. I think people forget about her. But Sansa probably has a lot to do with Daenerys' current situation. I think she honestly tipped off Cersei about her arrival and she's mostly responsible for the losses of Rhaegal and Missandei. 

Jon's decision will more than likely come down to choosing his new found name and potential title for love in Daenerys' name. Or... he protects the family that has ALWAYS protected him in Ned's honor. He'll kill Daenerys I think. And return back to Winterfell and take the black apart of the Night's Watch again. Truly a bittersweet end. As Jon once again loses another love of his life. And we all have to watch with a sinking feeling knowing damn well he deserved to be on the throne.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I still think Jon reluctantly takes the throne.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: I still think Jon reluctantly takes the throne.

I think he'll pull an "Hour of the Wolf" like his ancestor Cregan Stark did after the Dance of Dragons ended. He'll rectify things swiftly in short order, appoint people to rule the Kingdom's by committee by entrusting the likes of Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Arya, Gendry, Samwell and Davos.

I think his heart won't be in it for the long haul after he loses Daenerys. He never wanted to lead. It just happens to him throughout his story. I know earlier on they tried to play up the idea of him being resentful because he was technically a Snow and not a Stark. But I think he's since grown up from that. 

The look on his face in that last episode where Daenerys chose to slaughter innocent people should tell you all you need to know. I really hope it ends with him walking away from it all. Maybe it'll end with him reuniting with Ghost and Tormund north of the Wall. Or he's in that cave where him and Ygriette were back in the day. 

Either way. I would be shocked if Jon accepted it reluctantly or not. Starks don't belong in the South. He may be Rhaegar's son. He may be half Targaryen. But he was still raised in the North and raised as a Stark. He'll go back North.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: I still think Jon reluctantly takes the throne.

After seeing the mad queen do her thing, I'm thinking it's not going to be a reluctant ascension to the throne.  It's going to be bloody.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(05-14-2019, 01:41 PM)FBT Wrote:

After seeing the mad queen do her thing, I'm thinking it's not going to be a reluctant ascension to the throne.  It's going to be bloody.

My prediction is Arya takes out Dany.

(05-14-2019, 12:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 10:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Among the myriad awful problems this season is they are clearly taking the characters that track well and trying to focus too hard on them. 

Bronn feels woefully out of place this season. What was the point of his encounter with Jaime and Tyrion in Winterfell with that crossbow? It would be fitting if he shoots Tyrion or Drogon during a trial to either spare Tyrion a long, drawn out execution by dragon fire or to create a distraction to save him. 

There wasn't any point. Bronn was pissed that the Lannister brothers keep making promises that they won't keep so he.... has them make another promise, that they definitely won't be able to keep because they had no authority to Grant him Highgarden.

I'm sure Dany would be very willing to Grant Bronn Highgarden after he shot Drogon. She's more likely to burn him.  

Tormund is purely around to provide comedic relief. 

Jaime and Brienne's whole arc was just launched into the Sun. So bad.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2019, 12:12 PM by Kane.)

(05-14-2019, 01:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I think he'll pull an "Hour of the Wolf" like his ancestor Cregan Stark did after the Dance of Dragons ended. He'll rectify things swiftly in short order, appoint people to rule the Kingdom's by committee by entrusting the likes of Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Arya, Gendry, Samwell and Davos.

I think his heart won't be in it for the long haul after he loses Daenerys. He never wanted to lead. It just happens to him throughout his story. I know earlier on they tried to play up the idea of him being resentful because he was technically a Snow and not a Stark. But I think he's since grown up from that. 

The look on his face in that last episode where Daenerys chose to slaughter innocent people should tell you all you need to know. I really hope it ends with him walking away from it all. Maybe it'll end with him reuniting with Ghost and Tormund north of the Wall. Or he's in that cave where him and Ygriette were back in the day. 

Either way. I would be shocked if Jon accepted it reluctantly or not. Starks don't belong in the South. He may be Rhaegar's son. He may be half Targaryen. But he was still raised in the North and raised as a Stark. He'll go back North.

I like this line of thought.
Jon has never wanted any of it. Being a soldier, leading men. 

I really could see a scenario where Gendry ends up on the throne (The last surviving heir to Baratheon, the last legitimate king)

I really think there is one last turn in the show too. Something is coming to surprise everyone, since it seems so predictable to this point.

So far my biggest irk of this season was how Cersei went out. (if that was as it seemed.) I was hoping she had earned something a little bloodier. 
Also... Jaimie making it from ocean to the keep with a most certain punctured lung was a bit of a stretch lol

(05-14-2019, 11:00 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:41 PM)FBT Wrote: After seeing the mad queen do her thing, I'm thinking it's not going to be a reluctant ascension to the throne.  It's going to be bloody.

My prediction is Arya takes out Dany.

Beware the rider on the white horse, for it is death.

I wrote this for another messageboard I frequent, and I figured I'd post it here, even though I'm not on this subforum that much. I thought the episode was a lot like the battle of winterfell: Emotionally compelling, logically flawed.

The thing that kills me is that it wouldn't be that hard to fix what's wrong with the series. Dialogue and foreshadowing is what made this series so good. I think the dialogue isn't working because the structure is wrong. They have all the pieces, but the plot is no longer entangled. They only need to rework it slightly for a natural story to fall in place. I've been thinking of doing a YouTube series on how to fix GoT, but I probably won't, so here's my half-hearted version that applies to this episode. It's a work in progress. I really need to watch the last episode to see the total vision, but here's what I would have changed.

First, let's start with Varys and Tyrion. Could the two most clever people left in the show be any more incompetent? All of their maneuvering is expository. It completely ruins the essence of these 2 characters. They went from playing chess to chutes and ladders. Varys and Tyrion need to have bigger roles. Varys literally walks up to Jon and says, "Want to commit treason? Nope? Okay, I'll just write some letters." So lame. There are better ways to do this (more on this later). Show. Don't tell. Creating real world scenarios that explain motive would create more realistic and intriguing dialogue. Every time the directors use expository to advance the plot, the writers struggle to make it seem natural.

I can't think of a worse example than when Euron said, "I'm the man who killed Jaime Lannister." I literally sat up and facepalmed. The story was so contrived you have to have Euron verbally state his motivation as he's dying. It's bad enough he was blown off his ship without firing a shot. Then he swims who-knows-how-far, in armor, to show up soaking wet at the exact time and place as Jaime. Okay. Dude. Just no. That scene was completely unnecessary. It was not worthy of being in the show. There was no build up. No tension. It was just out of place. When you compare the Clegane Bowl (which was thoroughly enjoyable), it was meaningful because of the history between the characters. We're supposed to care that Jaime kills Euron or vice versa?

In the book, it's alluded that Euron (Victarion in the book) has a magical horn that could destroy dragons. I get why they didn't get carried away with some of the books finer elements, but it would have made so much more sense for him to have that as a tool to defeat the dragons than another spear. It wouldn't be hard to add this to the show. While Qyburn is in the basement doing Qyburn things, he discovers a horn that can disorient dragons, but it needs to be found. This is the mission that Euron should have been given in the beginning of the season that endeared him to Cersei. He returns to the Red Keep with a giant horn. She "rewards" him, then tells him to find out if it works. None of the audience knows what it's supposed to do, but we find out when Euron ambushes Dany on her way to Dragonstone. He blows the horn in the direction of Rheagal, which disorients him. He falls into the ocean and they spear it to death. Now there is an obvious obstacle that needs to be destroyed before the dragon can be used properly.

This brings me back to the final resolution with Euron. It would be logical to send in Yara, but you want some kind of twist. Yara's fleet engages Euron. He gets bloodlust, goes after her personally. Destroys her fleet. Dialogue ensues as he and Yara fight on the bow of her ship. He beats her down. As she's lying there, there's more dialogues as she dies (easy stuff to write as the narrative is advancing; I could think of all kinds of options that would work). In the distance you see a dragon. Euron laughs.

Remember that conversation between Tyrion and Davos, you thought he was going to smuggle out Jaime and Cersei, but in reality Tyrion was giving him the mission to take out dragon horn. Cut to scene of Davos on the bow of Euron's ship. He snuck up during that battle in his dingy and boarded Euron's ship. He's frantically sawing down the horn. Euron tries to get back to the bow in time, but Davos kicks it over, into the water. Euron drops to he's knees as Drogon approaches. Davos dives off just in time. Cut to scene of Davos popping up out of the water, near his dingy. Dany has nuked the entire fleet.

Speaking of Dany, I like that they made her mad, but their reasoning, like everything else, is doodoo. People are so invested in Dany that they would want to believe she wouldn't go mad, so you can show them more glimpses of her inner dragon, but always have her walk it back. Show the struggle. This is where Varys would shine.

For starters, Varys should have been active all season. When Jon learns about his past from Samwell, have them hear a noise around the corner. It's a kid who just wanted to see Jon Snow in person, again, whatever dialogue the kids uses works because of course Jon let's them go. He's Jon. Then end the show with the "bird" telling Varys who Jon really is. Let Jon commit himself to Dany. It doesn't even matter if he tells Sansa or Arya at this point because the secret's out. I would prefer he tell his sisters because it would enhance the next part of this idea.

Another opportunity for Varys to spy would be after Melissandre dies. Have a conversation between Dany and Grey Worm where he laments his loss and they mention her final words: Dracaris. Maybe she hints that she should burn it to the ground, but then walks it back. Have Varys standing in the shadows. Show his concern. Have Varys confide in Tyrion, but let Varys set in motion his own demise as proof that she is coming unhinged. He intentionally, but subtly let it be known that he knows about Jon, so she executes him. Maybe she tortures him to find out how he knew and has to be talked down into a mercy killing. Not only does this raise concerns with Tyrion (because he knows) and Jon (because his sisters know), it gives Tyrion a reason to suspect a bloodbath. He knows there are two unreasonable women that will stop at nothing to win.

Tyrion suspects Cersei has a plan and starts trying to find out what it is. He cautions Dany not to attack without understanding her plan or she could kill thousands of innocents. When he releases Jaime, Tyrion this would be the perfect time for that dialogue to be written. Tyrion reminds Jaime how she blew up the Septim to win, and he needs him to resolve things peacefully for the sake of the realm, other than that, that scene doesn't change too much.

As for Dany, I like when Jon rejected her advances and she said, "then let it be fear." I thought it was a great line. However, I still don't think that's enough to break Dany. She needed to be rejected by the people or, at the very least, fear it. Have Cersei funnel everyone into the courtyard like planned. Only when she sees Dany destroy the fleet, she and Qyburn retreat to enact plan B, which is to burn the commoners to make them think they are being attacked by Dany. When she gets to the dungeon alone (because Clegane bowl takes place the exact same way) to set off the explosions, she runs into Jaime. He tries to get her to leave with him, but she says something like, they will never love her or she will never have King's Landing. She sets off the first round of explosions, Jaime realizes he'd have to kill her to stop her, so he reluctantly strangles her (like the prophecy said... another one they just forgot about). He lays over her dead body, mourning the loss of his sister and his child. Edit: I would have replaced Arya with Jaime. I would have had Jaime be the person the camera followed through the carnage. Have him try to save the mother and child. And, instead of him riding out on a white horse, he is crushed beneath the tower that falls.

Anyways, when Dany lands a top the tower and the bells start to ring. Her anger starts to wane. There's a moment where you think there will be peace, but the dragon roars and a building is set ablaze full of innocents. When sees the people being burned alive, she hears shouts of the mad queen, her face curls up in anger. "Then let it be fear," she says. She knows she will never have King's Landing and decides to burn it to the ground. She flies toward the Red Keep. Cut to Jon, muttering under his breath, looking up to the sky, "Dany... no." Now she just goes full monster. Grey Worm and the Dothraki go full barbaric mode, while Jon orders his guys to fall back. Everything else is roughly the same.

I think I covered the stupid parts. I could really clean this up and make it more streamlined, but I think these are the main things I would change. I did it more by character than chronologically, so hopefully it all makes sense. It's really not that much to add or subtract, and the writing would follow much easier.

(05-15-2019, 03:19 PM)Last42min Wrote: I wrote this for another messageboard I frequent, and I figured I'd post it here, even though I'm not on this subforum that much. I thought the episode was a lot like the battle of winterfell: Emotionally compelling, logically flawed.

The thing that kills me is that it wouldn't be that hard to fix what's wrong with the series. Dialogue and foreshadowing is what made this series so good. I think the dialogue isn't working because the structure is wrong. They have all the pieces, but the plot is no longer entangled. They only need to rework it slightly for a natural story to fall in place. I've been thinking of doing a YouTube series on how to fix GoT, but I probably won't, so here's my half-hearted version that applies to this episode. It's a work in progress. I really need to watch the last episode to see the total vision, but here's what I would have changed.

First, let's start with Varys and Tyrion. Could the two most clever people left in the show be any more incompetent? All of their maneuvering is expository. It completely ruins the essence of these 2 characters. They went from playing chess to chutes and ladders. Varys and Tyrion need to have bigger roles. Varys literally walks up to Jon and says, "Want to commit treason? Nope? Okay, I'll just write some letters." So lame. There are better ways to do this (more on this later). Show. Don't tell. Creating real world scenarios that explain motive would create more realistic and intriguing dialogue. Every time the directors use expository to advance the plot, the writers struggle to make it seem natural.

I can't think of a worse example than when Euron said, "I'm the man who killed Jaime Lannister." I literally sat up and facepalmed. The story was so contrived you have to have Euron verbally state his motivation as he's dying. It's bad enough he was blown off his ship without firing a shot. Then he swims who-knows-how-far, in armor, to show up soaking wet at the exact time and place as Jaime. Okay. Dude. Just no. That scene was completely unnecessary. It was not worthy of being in the show. There was no build up. No tension. It was just out of place. When you compare the Clegane Bowl (which was thoroughly enjoyable), it was meaningful because of the history between the characters. We're supposed to care that Jaime kills Euron or vice versa?

In the book, it's alluded that Euron (Victarion in the book) has a magical horn that could destroy dragons. I get why they didn't get carried away with some of the books finer elements, but it would have made so much more sense for him to have that as a tool to defeat the dragons than another spear. It wouldn't be hard to add this to the show. While Qyburn is in the basement doing Qyburn things, he discovers a horn that can disorient dragons, but it needs to be found. This is the mission that Euron should have been given in the beginning of the season that endeared him to Cersei. He returns to the Red Keep with a giant horn. She "rewards" him, then tells him to find out if it works. None of the audience knows what it's supposed to do, but we find out when Euron ambushes Dany on her way to Dragonstone. He blows the horn in the direction of Rheagal, which disorients him. He falls into the ocean and they spear it to death. Now there is an obvious obstacle that needs to be destroyed before the dragon can be used properly.

This brings me back to the final resolution with Euron. It would be logical to send in Yara, but you want some kind of twist. Yara's fleet engages Euron. He gets bloodlust, goes after her personally. Destroys her fleet. Dialogue ensues as he and Yara fight on the bow of her ship. He beats her down. As she's lying there, there's more dialogues as she dies (easy stuff to write as the narrative is advancing; I could think of all kinds of options that would work). In the distance you see a dragon. Euron laughs.

Remember that conversation between Tyrion and Davos, you thought he was going to smuggle out Jaime and Cersei, but in reality Tyrion was giving him the mission to take out dragon horn. Cut to scene of Davos on the bow of Euron's ship. He snuck up during that battle in his dingy and boarded Euron's ship. He's frantically sawing down the horn. Euron tries to get back to the bow in time, but Davos kicks it over, into the water. Euron drops to he's knees as Drogon approaches. Davos dives off just in time. Cut to scene of Davos popping up out of the water, near his dingy. Dany has nuked the entire fleet.

Speaking of Dany, I like that they made her mad, but their reasoning, like everything else, is doodoo. People are so invested in Dany that they would want to believe she wouldn't go mad, so you can show them more glimpses of her inner dragon, but always have her walk it back. Show the struggle. This is where Varys would shine.

For starters, Varys should have been active all season. When Jon learns about his past from Samwell, have them hear a noise around the corner. It's a kid who just wanted to see Jon Snow in person, again, whatever dialogue the kids uses works because of course Jon let's them go. He's Jon. Then end the show with the "bird" telling Varys who Jon really is. Let Jon commit himself to Dany. It doesn't even matter if he tells Sansa or Arya at this point because the secret's out. I would prefer he tell his sisters because it would enhance the next part of this idea.

Another opportunity for Varys to spy would be after Melissandre dies. Have a conversation between Dany and Grey Worm where he laments his loss and they mention her final words: Dracaris. Maybe she hints that she should burn it to the ground, but then walks it back. Have Varys standing in the shadows. Show his concern. Have Varys confide in Tyrion, but let Varys set in motion his own demise as proof that she is coming unhinged. He intentionally, but subtly let it be known that he knows about Jon, so she executes him. Maybe she tortures him to find out how he knew and has to be talked down into a mercy killing. Not only does this raise concerns with Tyrion (because he knows) and Jon (because his sisters know), it gives Tyrion a reason to suspect a bloodbath. He knows there are two unreasonable women that will stop at nothing to win.

Tyrion suspects Cersei has a plan and starts trying to find out what it is. He cautions Dany not to attack without understanding her plan or she could kill thousands of innocents. When he releases Jaime, Tyrion this would be the perfect time for that dialogue to be written. Tyrion reminds Jaime how she blew up the Septim to win, and he needs him to resolve things peacefully for the sake of the realm, other than that, that scene doesn't change too much.

As for Dany, I like when Jon rejected her advances and she said, "then let it be fear." I thought it was a great line. However, I still don't think that's enough to break Dany. She needed to be rejected by the people or, at the very least, fear it. Have Cersei funnel everyone into the courtyard like planned. Only when she sees Dany destroy the fleet, she and Qyburn retreat to enact plan B, which is to burn the commoners to make them think they are being attacked by Dany. When she gets to the dungeon alone (because Clegane bowl takes place the exact same way) to set off the explosions, she runs into Jaime. He tries to get her to leave with him, but she says something like, they will never love her or she will never have King's Landing. She sets off the first round of explosions, Jaime realizes he'd have to kill her to stop her, so he reluctantly strangles her (like the prophecy said... another one they just forgot about). He lays over her dead body, mourning the loss of his sister and his child. Edit: I would have replaced Arya with Jaime. I would have had Jaime be the person the camera followed through the carnage. Have him try to save the mother and child. And, instead of him riding out on a white horse, he is crushed beneath the tower that falls.

Anyways, when Dany lands a top the tower and the bells start to ring. Her anger starts to wane. There's a moment where you think there will be peace, but the dragon roars and a building is set ablaze full of innocents. When sees the people being burned alive, she hears shouts of the mad queen, her face curls up in anger. "Then let it be fear," she says. She knows she will never have King's Landing and decides to burn it to the ground. She flies toward the Red Keep. Cut to Jon, muttering under his breath, looking up to the sky, "Dany... no." Now she just goes full monster. Grey Worm and the Dothraki go full barbaric mode, while Jon orders his guys to fall back. Everything else is roughly the same.

I think I covered the stupid parts. I could really clean this up and make it more streamlined, but I think these are the main things I would change. I did it more by character than chronologically, so hopefully it all makes sense. It's really not that much to add or subtract, and the writing would follow much easier.

Good effort but you only scratched the surface.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2019, 08:46 PM by Caldrac.)

It's interesting that Bran has had visions of Drogon's shadow flying over King's Landing.

He was told by the Three Eyed Raven that he would never walk again but he would fly. What if he's manipulating everything by some higher power?

Would be crazy if he warged into Drogon and actually killed all those people. And Daenerys has not been shown yet. Even in the promos for the finale we've only seen her back to us.

We didn't see her face while she was on Drogon during the burnings. And her being frustrated or angry in appearance could have just been her finally feeling victory for herself and family. Feeling vindicated.

It would be like Mr. Glass from Unbreakable being the bad guy the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Varys burned a letter before he was sentenced to die too. Would have been interesting to know the contents. But I don't think he tipped Cersei off.

I truly think Sansa had done it. Bran may also be behind it all since he can the past and future. Jon may have known something as well.

There's a reason they didn't show us the scene with them at the Godswood when Jon asks Bran to tell them who he is.

Also. Jon chose not to fly Rhaegal alongside Daenerys during the surprise attack on her fleet. Things that make you go "Hmmm".

Maybe Jon and Arya reacted the way they did after her attack on the rest of King's Landing because they were hoping she would have had a change of heart. It wouldn't be as personal.

Who knows?

That would be one hell of a twist though if Jon did have a say or hand in all of this. Maybe Bran told them all something that needed to be known. Something that went far beyond just his true heritage being revealed.

Tyrion kept getting some truly curious stares from Bran this year as well. Not his usual 1,000 yard stare. More of a "Hey... some [BLEEP] is going down and I know you must know that I know".

Tywin had a thing for saying he was never his son. His mother died birthing him which is common for Targaryen baring mothers. Just like Lyana dying after birthing Jon.

There's more to Tyrion. Could be another twist revealed last minute. He may very well be the son of Aerys Targaryen as well. The whole scene where the dragons allowed him to free them in Mireen still gives me chills. Those Dragons just don't let anyone near them.

Could be an awesome twist.

(05-15-2019, 08:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's interesting that Bran has had visions of Drogon's shadow flying over King's Landing.

He was told by the Three Eyed Raven that he would never walk again but he would fly. What if he's manipulating everything by some higher power?

Would be crazy if he warged into Drogon and actually killed all those people. And Daenerys has not been shown yet. Even in the promos for the finale we've only seen her back to us.

We didn't see her face while she was on Drogon during the burnings. And her being frustrated or angry in appearance could have just been her finally feeling victory for herself and family. Feeling vindicated.

Varys burned a letter before he was sentenced to die too. Would have been interesting to know the contents. But I don't think he tipped Cersei off.

I truly think Sansa had done it. Bran may also be behind it all since he can the past and future. Jon may have known something as well.

There's a reason they didn't show us the scene with them at the Godswood when Jon asks Bran to tell them who he is.

Also. Jon chose not to fly Rhaegal alongside Daenerys during the surprise attack on her fleet. Things that make you go "Hmmm".

Maybe Jon and Arya reacted the way they did after her attack on the rest of King's Landing because they were hoping she would have had a change of heart. It wouldn't be as personal.

Who knows?

That would be one hell of a twist though if Jon did have a say or hand in all of this. Maybe Bran told them all something that needed to be known. Something that went far beyond just his true heritage being revealed.

Tyrion kept getting some truly curious stares from Bran this year as well. Not his usual 1,000 yard stare. More of a "Hey... some [BLEEP] is going down and I know you must know that I know".

Tywin had a thing for saying he was never his son. His mother died birthing him which is common for Targaryen baring mothers. Just like Lyana dying after birthing Jon.

There's more to Tyrion. Could be another twist revealed last minute. He may very well be the son of Aerys Targaryen as well. The whole scene where the dragons allowed him to free them in Mireen still gives me chills. Those Dragons just don't let anyone near them.

That would be a heck of a twist. Daenerys sentences Tyrion to death, Drogon torches him, flames subside, dwarf emerges naked but unburnt.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Sooooo what happened to Ellaria Sand who was chained up? Probably heard a lot of noise up above...

(05-15-2019, 11:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sooooo what happened to Ellaria Sand who was chained up? Probably heard a lot of noise up above...

Most likely starved to death by now.

(05-15-2019, 08:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's interesting that Bran has had visions of Drogon's shadow flying over King's Landing.

Who knows?

It's not really in the style of the show to do a flashback this is what was really happening the whole time exposition scene. But who knows at this point.

(05-15-2019, 10:21 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Who knows?

That would be a heck of a twist. Daenerys sentences Tyrion to death, Drogon torches him, flames subside, dwarf emerges naked but unburnt.

It would be an amazing scene for sure. Excited for Sunday to see how they end all of this.  

Need to start reading the Fire and Blood book on my end. Wife hooked me up on my birthday with it. I can't believe HBO scrapped the Dunk and Egg story though man. I was bummed out to hear that. That could have been an excellent show because it allows them to just focus on two main characters as they start off early on with the tournaments, the good deeds, etc. Really cool insight too regarding the Targaryen's and some of the older Baratheon's. 

I get the Night King prehistory story. I think that will certainly help with the heartburn a lot of fans of the show have felt with knowing very little about the history all of that. That's why I really enjoy GRRM's work. His world is very expansive. Very interesting. A lot of great prehistory built into it. I just hope it doesn't get too hacky like the TWD series. 

There's just too much good source material out there that could allow directors and producers to really make these come to life in an actual series.

It was okay I guess.

These show writers should be ashamed of themselves.

It was predictable. Drogon is the worst bouncer of all time.

I'm beginning to think that Bob Newhart waking up from a dream at the end might have been better. The universe just imploded into a black hole and I actually have no idea why.