Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 State of the Franchise

(04-18-2019, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...0656336898

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1938638848

Doesn't sound to me like they got him just to be 'better than Bortles'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-18-2019, 01:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...0656336898

Doesn't sound to me like they got him just to be 'better than Bortles'.

It doesn't. 

Alas  - My expectations for Foles and the owner/front office's intent are likely not aligned on this one. 
(your internet cookie may be collected in beer or tequila form at our next golf outing)

I still maintain that Foles doesn't need to set the world on fire to have this team competing for the division in December, but it would seem the thinking behind signing him may have been more than just "he won't screw up nearly as often." 

Not screwing up the "should-be-easy" stuff is still my primary expectation for how Foles will elevate the offense from the Bortles version, and what he brings beyond that is gravy to me.  Hoping for extra gravy.

(04-18-2019, 12:48 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: A new stadium -- or major renovations to TIAA Field--are coming. Possibly a roof on the current stadium, like the Dolphins have done.  Or if that's not feasible, a new stadium.  It would be good for the team, from a revenue standpoint, to find a way to keep the fans cool during the hot September games. Probably could increase attendance that way.

https://twitter.com/sbrownreports/status...23456?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Does the Lot J project include moving the river front jail to the west side where it belongs? Asking for a friend.

(04-18-2019, 01:45 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 12:48 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: A new stadium -- or major renovations to TIAA Field--are coming. Possibly a roof on the current stadium, like the Dolphins have done.  Or if that's not feasible, a new stadium.  It would be good for the team, from a revenue standpoint, to find a way to keep the fans cool during the hot September games. Probably could increase attendance that way.

https://twitter.com/sbrownreports/status...23456?s=21

Don't want to see a roof.  That September heat has wilted lesser teams that comes to visit early in the year.

I like the idea of the drones, as we can have random 'malfunctions' when obnoxious fanbases come to town, kinda like the radio issues in Foxboro.

(04-18-2019, 11:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does the Lot J project include moving the river front jail to the west side where it belongs? Asking for a friend.

Haha.  Are you thinking they could save some money by making the trip from the crime scene to the jail a little shorter?

(04-19-2019, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does the Lot J project include moving the river front jail to the west side where it belongs? Asking for a friend.

Haha.  Are you thinking they could save some money by making the trip from the crime scene to the jail a little shorter?

Ha, that, and recognizing that a building that houses felons and an eye-sore coffee factory aren't the best candidates for river front property in an area that has been hyped for rehab the past 50 years.

Lot J, Ship yards, Springfield, Landing.... Don't get your hopes up people.

P.S. I'd love to be wrong, but not counting on it.

(04-18-2019, 01:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 12:43 PM)Brett Wrote: NYC4Jags, thanks for taking the time to post the updates from it!

Unfortunately, I'm in Nashville and never been to Jacksonville so the updates on things going on around the streets goes over my head...but I still like to learn as much as I can Big Grin

The elevated roadway talk is about an existing long and high ramp to a bridge that is a hindrance to the development of the shipyards area on the waterfront. (among other things) 

Removing and relocating the ramp is a key first step in developing the area(s) around the stadium.
Well, there goes my covered parking after this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRHL9KVo6wo&t=2942s

Most important line:

45:44- "This is a tale of two cities. London is the exact opposite of Jacksonville. 10 times the size, capacity of the stadium significantly larger, average ticket price is 40% higher, the revenue potential is almost double in London. And we've made some really good progress in London . . . " He goes on to speak about partnering with the UK government to get flag football in schools, etc. Further says, "London is not a secret."

Other Important parts:

22:50- Lamping says London and Jacksonville are a "Tale of Two Cities"

25:15- "Our revenue growth has come about largely because we have focused on diversifying our revenue streams"

25:51- revenue correlates to winning

29:05- Jaguars are 31st in fans, "people shouldn't be surprised because we're a smaller market". Jaguars have about 1/3rd of average NFL team fan base

29:22- 27th in terms of % of NFL fans who are fans of local team

30:02- close to NFL average in TV ratings, but 7th out of 8 smallest markets

32:50- the biggest gate they've ever had in Jacksonville was below NFL average

36:05- complains about the seating situation on East side at EverBank Field

36:38- "Improvements need to be made which tie directly to our ability to be stable"

36:58- Revenue is 27th in league; "sometimes teams take drastic actions; there were 2 relocations and another new stadium that was built"

39:20- Impact of new stadiums is vast; Jaguars in same area with Bills

41:10- Average ticket price is critically important- correlates directly to amount of local revenue

42:34- 26th in NFL in average ticket price

43:08- "Revenue diversification is more important in the future than it has been in the past"

43:25- average general admission ticket was 32nd in NFL

44:05- Jacksonville is 30th in population, job type, and number of employers. Per capita income is 28th in the NFL.

47:50- Lycamobile, a London, UK based business, has entered a major partnership with the Jaguars. He goes on to shout out what seems to be the entire c-suite of the company.

Slowly prepping the city for a 4 game split between Jacksonville and London.

Never happen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-22-2019, 12:08 PM)Jagbuck Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 01:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The elevated roadway talk is about an existing long and high ramp to a bridge that is a hindrance to the development of the shipyards area on the waterfront. (among other things) 

Removing and relocating the ramp is a key first step in developing the area(s) around the stadium.
Well, there goes my covered parking after this year.

And the 25-yearlong continual party.

(04-24-2019, 03:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Slowly prepping the city for a 4 game split between Jacksonville and London.
I doubt the city says no thank you, but fans won't buy tickets unless the team is winning and the matchups are good. It would be done like that in order to move the team. They could then say see Jacksonville isn't supporting the team, we have to move.

They can have preseason and training camp.

New stadium talk will be key. It would lock them in and keep them from moving more games to London.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 08:04 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

1,000 Years from now people will still be taking about world peace, ending starvation, and converting Lot J into a multi-facility sporting complex.

Personally, I think we should keep the pond, fill in Lot J with sand, and just turn it into a nude beach.

(04-24-2019, 07:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Slowly prepping the city for a 4 game split between Jacksonville and London.
I doubt the city says no thank you, but fans won't buy tickets unless the team is winning and the matchups are good. It would be done like that in order to move the team. They could then say see Jacksonville isn't supporting the team, we have to move.

New stadium talk will be key. It would lock them in and keep them from moving more games to London.

True, but a new stadium isn't going to increase the population of Jacksonville or the number of people who can afford premium sky boxes. We aren't exactly the titans of industry for attracting high paying jobs.

I am still in the belief that American football will fall flat in its face in the UK eventualy. Shad and Lamping are just toeing the line in case it happens.

(04-24-2019, 08:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 07:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I doubt the city says no thank you, but fans won't buy tickets unless the team is winning and the matchups are good. It would be done like that in order to move the team. They could then say see Jacksonville isn't supporting the team, we have to move.

True, but a new stadium isn't going to increase the population of Jacksonville or the number of people who can afford premium sky boxes. We aren't exactly the titans of industry for attracting high paying jobs.

I am still in the belief that American football will fall flat in its face in the UK eventualy. Shad and Lamping are just toeing the line in case it happens.
A new stadium brings a new lease, which locks them in and puts constraints around the # of games played.

Yes it doesn't change the economic stats of Jacksonville, but it cuts out the ability to leave.

I also doubt the NFL would allow a team to move when the city was willing to create a new stadium. That would set a bad precedent.