Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars may use drones to hold shade over stands on sunny days

lolololol

That's all I can say about that..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2019, 09:04 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Just win bro

Fans won't care if it's 100 degrees in September if you're beating your opponents

Not entirely accurate. Older folks, folks with medical conditions and young kids can't handle the brutal sun and heat. My dad had ST for many, many years and finally had to give them up because he could no longer attend games in September and October heat due to a medical condition.

Just not going to dismiss it out of hand, but there's 2 things about drones that make this idea tricky:

1. The noise sucks. They sound like mosquitoes on steroids, and any drones big enough to hang a tarp would be even worse.
2. They generate a fair bit of downdraft, which means whatever's hanging from them would have to be out of the range of the draft. Otherwise, they would just be pulling themselves down. The rigging means more weight, and more distance between drone and shade.

Maybe we should just add more pool sections.

Were I Kahn I'd simply look to employ a system of shade sails that cover portions of certain sections yet don't obstruct view.  Upper deck/upper rows are the easiest to target since there's no real obstruction minus a few vertical support posts.

Mid tier sections in the "corners" could also be partially covered this way.

[Image: ScreenShot2019-04-23at1.06.40PM.png]

shade sail example photo for those unfamiliar - of course they'd be larger for stadium use: 

[Image: sails_4.jpg]

https://youtu.be/0idC5I7aDnI

Just don't call Captain America. Maybe we can program it to shoot Tennessee Fans...

Great Idea until one of these things malfunctions (perhaps due to heat?!) and falls onto the stadium's upper deck fans... No way this gets licensed.

(04-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: The Romans figured out how to shade fans 2000 years ago. This isnt that hard. Drones seem a bit unnecessary.

The Roman empire collapsed, mebbe they should have focused on governance instead of keeping spectators out of the sun.

"We all got it coming Kid"

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 08:44 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-20-2019, 03:10 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: At this rate why not just build a dome.

It's just a miscommunication.  Shad said, "I think we need a dome for shade" and due to his accent, they thought he said, "I think we need a drone for shade"

I just purchased Drone Seating.

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=790b76115cc059b76b6d366e679eef38]

(04-23-2019, 01:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Were I Kahn I'd simply look to employ a system of shade sails that cover portions of certain sections yet don't obstruct view.  Upper deck/upper rows are the easiest to target since there's no real obstruction minus a few vertical support posts.

Mid tier sections in the "corners" could also be partially covered this way.

[Image: ScreenShot2019-04-23at1.06.40PM.png]

shade sail example photo for those unfamiliar - of course they'd be larger for stadium use: 

[Image: sails_4.jpg]

Those could be done right now for most if not all the seats. Put up cables over the stadium and they could be put up quickly. The main challenge is the East side club seats. Those seats are empty with the heat and the a/c inside. The angle of the sun would make you have to cover the field to block the sun for those seats.

You could do that though with a canvas pulley system to roll them out across the stadium.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 01:52 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-20-2019, 05:09 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: That seems really unnecessary. What are you guys doing with the tarps these days?

LOL..... and early exit from the NHL Playoffs means that the riff raff from Nashville come rolling on to the Jags Message Board.

[Image: StarsPredatorsHockey%20(3).JPG]

(04-24-2019, 07:59 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: The Roman empire collapsed, mebbe they should have focused on governance instead of keeping spectators out of the sun.

"We all got it coming Kid"

Classic.