Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Draft Rumors and tweets

(04-24-2019, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nformation

Out of all these 4 is the one I don't believe

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nformation

I wouldn't be shocked.  I like Butler, Harry and both AJ and Marquise Brown better than him.  I get his measurable are going to probably get him drafted ahead of most of these guys, but I wouldn't be shocked if one or two of these guys goes before Metcalf either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-24-2019, 07:08 PM)knarnn Wrote: Juicy rumor here:

https://twitter.com/mitchellrenz365/stat...07138?s=21

Is Hockenson the “surprise” raiders pick that got the scouts sent home a week early?

If this happens, I do EVERYTHING in my power to trade down.

(04-24-2019, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 07:08 PM)knarnn Wrote: Juicy rumor here:

https://twitter.com/mitchellrenz365/stat...07138?s=21

Is Hockenson the “surprise” raiders pick that got the scouts sent home a week early?

If this happens, I do EVERYTHING in my power to trade down.

I don't know.  I Hockenson is taken in the top 5, a stud defender will be pushed down to us.

In fact, if you indulge all of the pre draft BS and assume this is true, and Snyder wants the Skins to deal into the top 5 to get a QB, then the top 6 would look something like this:

1.  Arizona-Murray
2.  49ers-Bosa
3.  Washington (from NYJ)-Haskins
4.  Oakland-Hockenson
5.  Tampa-White?!?
6.  NYG-Allen?

Under this scenario, we'd have our choice of Williams and Oliver.  Now if it plays out this way, and we continue to indulge the pre draft BS, Atlanta is supposedly really high on Oliver and might be willing to give up a sizeable offer to us to get him.

If we accept a deal from Atlanta for the 7 pick, then maybe...

7.  Atlanta-Oliver
8.  Detroit-Q. Williams
9.  Buffalo-Jonah Williams
10.  Denver-Lock, Bush, or BA CB
11.  Cincinnati-Bush
12.  Green Bay-Fant or Gary
13.  Miami-C. Wilkins
14. Jacksonville-We could still take Taylor, Sweat, Ford, maybe Wilkins or Fant

So stand pat at 7, we have our choice of Q. Williams, E. Oliver, J. Taylor, M. Sweat, J. Williams or trade to 14, maybe pick up a 2nd round pick per the trade value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

If we could get Atlanta's 2nd round pick, we'd have 4 of the first 69 picks.

14, 38, 45 and 69.

Yeah....I like Q Williams, but I would trade down, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Everyone seems convinced Kyler Murray is going #1 to Cards. So let’s just say it does happen, I mean they pretty much have to trade Rosen, he won’t show up to camp. I’d throw one of our 3rds for him.

(04-25-2019, 01:28 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Everyone seems convinced Kyler Murray is going #1 to Cards. So let’s just say it does happen, I mean they pretty much have to trade Rosen, he won’t show up to camp. I’d throw one of our 3rds for him.

I'd trade a third for Rosen in a heartbeat but they'd probably want our second, which I'd still do.

(04-25-2019, 05:57 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...0702801920

Grier in the first?

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 06:17 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-24-2019, 10:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If this happens, I do EVERYTHING in my power to trade down.

I don't know.  I Hockenson is taken in the top 5, a stud defender will be pushed down to us.

In fact, if you indulge all of the pre draft BS and assume this is true, and Snyder wants the Skins to deal into the top 5 to get a QB, then the top 6 would look something like this:

1.  Arizona-Murray
2.  49ers-Bosa
4.  Oakland-Hockenson
5.  Tampa-White?!?
6.  NYG-Allen?

Under this scenario, we'd have our choice of Williams and Oliver.  Now if it plays out this way, and we continue to indulge the pre draft BS, Atlanta is supposedly really high on Oliver and might be willing to give up a sizeable offer to us to get him.

7.  Atlanta-Oliver
8.  Detroit-Q. Williams
11.  Cincinnati-Bush
13.  Miami-C. Wilkins

So stand pat at 7, we have our choice of Q. Williams, E. Oliver, J. Taylor, M. Sweat, J. Williams or trade to 14, maybe pick up a 2nd round pick per the trade value chart http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

14, 38, 45 and 69.

I think I would stand pat, take Q Williams, and run the most [BLEEP] kicking defense in the NFL.  Sorry, Nick Foles.  We had to do it.  

Just for pure entertainment value.  "The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard."   I wouldn't be able to resist that.  What fun we would have watching that.  And how good would Ramsey and Bouye look behind that kind of defensive line?  Sack, sack, sack, pick, pick, pick.

I wonder what the Raiders will do as well, here's Rapoport:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1121375299780792321

(04-25-2019, 07:58 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I wonder what the Raiders will do as well, here's Rapoport:

Smoke to try to trade back?

(04-25-2019, 06:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 10:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know.  I Hockenson is taken in the top 5, a stud defender will be pushed down to us.

1.  Arizona-Murray
2.  49ers-Bosa
4.  Oakland-Hockenson
5.  Tampa-White?!?
6.  NYG-Allen?

7.  Atlanta-Oliver
8.  Detroit-Q. Williams
11.  Cincinnati-Bush
13.  Miami-C. Wilkins

14, 38, 45 and 69.

I think I would stand pat, take Q Williams, and run the most [BLEEP] kicking defense in the NFL.  Sorry, Nick Foles.  We had to do it.  

Just for pure entertainment value.  "The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard."   I wouldn't be able to resist that.  What fun we would have watching that.  And how good would Ramsey and Bouye look behind that kind of defensive line?  Sack, sack, sack, pick, pick, pick.

My thing is you could have the same effect by trading back, taking Sweat at 14 and with the extra 2, upgrade FS and still be in a position to acquire a RT and TE.

Q. Williams is a heckuva player though.

(04-25-2019, 08:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 07:58 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I wonder what the Raiders will do as well, here's Rapoport:

Smoke to try to trade back?

Possibly? They already have 3 first round selections, I thought they wanted to take a premium DL at 4 so I don't know if trading back is really what they want to do. What is certain is Gruden doesn't really like Carr so there's that.
But yeah maybe they are trying to bait the Giants to move up a couple of spots for their guy...who knows, there's a lot of smoke right now.

It will be a very intriguing start to the draft tonight, IF Washington really moves up in the top 5 (let's say top 3) that could really drastically alter the scenario as other teams may panic (for exemple the Giants might feel forced to go Daniel Jones at 6)..it will be fun.

If we won't be the ones trading down from 7 having teams moving up for QBs could really push one or more of those 4 DL to us...wishful thinking at the moment and probably really unlikely most of these things will happen but it's a fun scenario to think about. Smile

(04-25-2019, 08:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 06:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think I would stand pat, take Q Williams, and run the most [BLEEP] kicking defense in the NFL.  Sorry, Nick Foles.  We had to do it.  

My thing is you could have the same effect by trading back, taking Sweat at 14 and with the extra 2, upgrade FS and still be in a position to acquire a RT and TE.

No thanks on Sweat with our 1st pick.  Medical red flags with his heart and other red flags with character issues.

if the raiders can force someone to trade up with the Jets they get Quinnen Williams. Although I do think there's an outside chance they go QB and try trade Carr to whoever loses out on the QB sweep stakes

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 08:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2019, 08:25 AM)JackCity Wrote: if the raiders can force someone to trade up with the Jets they get Quinnen Williams. Although I do think there's an outside chance they go QB and try trade Carr to whoever loses out on the QB sweep stakes

You think they would take William's over Oliver?

I think Oliver is there top guy if they don't go QB

I think that if Jets trade down and Raiders stay put (and don't go QB) Josh Allen would be very much in play for them. At DT I can see them taking a chance on Simmons with one of the other 1st round picks if he falls to them though.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 08:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2019, 08:35 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I think that if Jets trade down and Raiders stay put (and don't go QB) Josh Allen would be very much in play for them. At DT I can see them taking  a chance on Simmons with one of the other 1st round picks if he falls to them though.

That is true because they already have 2 good DTs

Is people really buying that Tampa would take White over the top 4 dline guys?

(04-25-2019, 08:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 08:25 AM)JackCity Wrote: if the raiders can force someone to trade up with the Jets they get Quinnen Williams. Although I do think there's an outside chance they go QB and try trade Carr to whoever loses out on the QB sweep stakes

You think they would take William's over Oliver?

I think Oliver is there top guy if they don't go QB

Yeah I think he's better

(04-25-2019, 08:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 08:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote: My thing is you could have the same effect by trading back, taking Sweat at 14 and with the extra 2, upgrade FS and still be in a position to acquire a RT and TE.

No thanks on Sweat with our 1st pick.  Medical red flags with his heart and other red flags with character issues.

It is my understanding many have played professional level sports with the same condition heart condition with no issues.

As for character, I know he was kicked out of Michigan State (rumors for pot use) but that he has been a good citizen since.