Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Case Scenario- Who's Your Pick?

If you rank the players you like for the Jags, in order of preference, and assume the worst case scenario, where your top 6 picks are gone, who's your pick at #7?   

Here's mine:  

1) Quinnen Williams
2) Nick Bosa
3) Josh Allen
4) Ed Oliver
5) TJ Hockenson
6) Jonah Williams
7) Andre Dillard

I guess another way of saying it is, these are my 7 preferred players FOR THE JAGS, in order of preference.  So if the worst case scenario happened, and my top 6 picks are off the board, I would pick Andre Dillard.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 06:13 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

1.Bosa
2. Allen
3. Oliver
4. Q Williams
5. Hockenson
6 J Williams
7. Metcalf

Can really mix any of 2-5 and I'll be Happy

1. Q. Williams
2. Bosa
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. J. Williams
7. D. White

Murray and most likely Haskins go before 7 so I'll get one of my guys and be happy.

1. Bosa
2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. Sweat
7. J. Williams

Right now I feel Jonah will be the pick if we don't trade back. Fits an area of need and no one wants to draft a TE in the top 10.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2019, 09:11 AM)Dimson Wrote: 1. Bosa
2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. Sweat
7. J. Williams

Right now I feel Jonah will be the pick if we don't trade back. Fits an area of need and no one wants to draft a TE in the top 10.
I think it's Jonah too.

Goodall just released his last mock and had them taking Jonah at 7 and then trading back into the 1st for Fant. That would be AWESOME.

(04-25-2019, 09:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. Sweat
7. J. Williams

I think it's Jonah too.

Goodall just released his last mock and had them taking Jonah at 7 and then trading back into the 1st for Fant. That would be AWESOME.
TJ and McGary > Jonah and Fant plus get to keep a pick

For the first time in a long time I don’t think there is a bad pick for the Jaguars (barring something truly stupid).

I’d be happy with one of the top pass rushers.

I’d be happy with a RT.

I’d be happy with Hockenson.

It seems we really can’t go wrong this time...

(04-25-2019, 09:29 AM)Andy G Wrote: For the first time in a long time I don’t think there is a bad pick for the Jaguars (barring something truly stupid).

I’d be happy with one of the top pass rushers.

I’d be happy with a RT.

I’d be happy with Hockenson.

It seems we really can’t go wrong this time...
Coughlin- "Hold my beer"

(04-25-2019, 09:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it's Jonah too.

TJ and McGary > Jonah and Fant plus get to keep a pick
Jonah (17 overall) and Fant (12 overall) are both in the top 20 of McShays final rankings.

TJ (6th) with McGary (73) seems like a very wide gap......

(04-25-2019, 09:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: TJ and McGary > Jonah and Fant plus get to keep a pick
Jonah (17 overall) and Fant (12 overall) are both in the top 20 of McShays final rankings.

His rankings mean nothing to me.  Plus that's one  guy's

(04-25-2019, 09:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jonah (17 overall) and Fant (12 overall) are both in the top 20 of McShays final rankings.

His rankings mean nothing to me.  Plus that's one  guy's
Weren't you just using rankings earlier to say how great Hockenson is?

The thing is, in all these situations Kyler Murray would still be on the board, which would change the landscape completely.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 10:45 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-25-2019, 06:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you rank the players you like for the Jags, in order of preference, and assume the worst case scenario, where your top 6 picks are gone, who's your pick at #7?   

Here's mine:  

1) Quinnen Williams
2) Nick Bosa
3) Josh Allen
4) Ed Oliver
5) TJ Hockenson
6) Jonah Williams
7) Andre Dillard

I guess another way of saying it is, these are my 7 preferred players FOR THE JAGS, in order of preference.  So if the worst case scenario happened, and my top 6 picks are off the board, I would pick Andre Dillard.

1. Nick Bosa - DE - Ohio State - Good genes. Looked good for the Buckeyes. Would be a steal at 7th overall. 

2. Quinnen Williams - DT - Alabama - Just a handful with him barely tipping 300 pounds but the big man ran a 4.8 40. That's insane. I watched this guy flat out take over drives at times. Would be a tremendous steal at 7th overall. 

3. Devin White - ILB - LSU - He can fly. Great in coverage. Instinctive against the run. Pretty sure fire tackler as well. Would allow us to move Jack outside and potentially move on from Smith at some point via trade if it's on the table of options. 

4. Montez Sweat - DE - Mississippi St. - Freak athlete. Production over the last two years to back up said freak athletic ability. Could be a complimentary nightmare as a rookie for Ngakoue and Campbell with him eventually taking Campbell's job. 

5. T.J Hockenson - TE - Iowa - Well rounded player. No complaints at all if they take this kid. He'll offer instant impact in the short to mid passing game and blocking game. Would rather see his name called over any OT tonight if he's on the board. 

6. Jonah Williams - LT/G/C - Can play just about every position on the offensive line. Well rounded blocker. Tough competitor. I have seen him finish in brutal fashion in most games. I like this kid if we can't land any of the big name defenders or Hockenson.

7. Ed Oliver - DT - Houston - If, for whatever reason tonight, we see my big four on the defensive side gone which is possible. And somehow Hockenson is off the board. I actually like this pick. Oliver has some concerns here and there off the field. But the guy was eating up double, triple teams at times last year. Is he Aaron Donald? I don't know. Depends on how he shows up to camp and approaches the game. But he has tremendous upside. 

***BONUS*** My nightmare pick for the night. 

8. Jawaan Taylor - RT - Florida - Not a fan of this guy. Reports came out yesterday that he's had back, knee and weight issues at Florida. But the scouting community seems to think he has a ton of potential. He's the least of my favorites in RD1. I wouldn't be thrilled with this selection tonight.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-25-2019, 09:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 09:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His rankings mean nothing to me.  Plus that's one  guy's
Weren't you just using rankings earlier to say how great Hockenson is?

I brought it up but I don't use it based on who I want.  Since McShay has McGary at 72 it's not gonna make me feel like we can get him in the 3rd or that he's the 72nd best player in the draft.  If I'm going by that then I'd go Hockenson in the 1st, a true number 1 WR in the 2nd and McGary in the 3rd would be way better than Williams and Fant plus losing a 3rd

2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. Sweat
7. J. Williams

I think it's Jonah too.

That's ideal. You're getting a good OT that can play just about anywhere on the line. And the idea of trading back up tonight with maybe a pair of 3's to grab Fant is fantastic. If they land two quality starters tonight and still have a 2nd RD pick to use tomorrow they'll make out like bandits.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

As long as it's not Jawaan Taylor or Rashan Gary, I won't be too upset.

(04-25-2019, 02:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As long as it's not Jawaan Taylor or Rashan Gary, I won't be too upset.

"Allegedly"
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2019, 02:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As long as it's not Jawaan Taylor or Rashan Gary, I won't be too upset.

I'm not going to be thrilled with Jonah either, but Taylor and Gary are by far the two worst options to me too.

2. Williams
3. Oliver
4. Allen
5. Hockenson
6. Sweat
7. J. Williams

I think it's Jonah too.

What would be cool is if we could trade back and still do this (J.Williams with the first pick then Fant with the later 1).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

1. Quennin Williams
  2. Nick Bosa
  3. Ed Oliver
  4. TJ Hockenson
  5. Josh Allen
  6. Devin White
  7. Christian Wilkins
Runners up... Noah Fant, DK Metcalf, Jonah Williams, Devin Bush
'02