Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrat Rep Admits He Just Wants to Stop Trump

Democrat Rep Admits His ‘Sole Focus’ Has Nothing to Do With Legislation ― He Just Wants to Stop Trump

Congressman Cedric Richmond (D-La.) admitted that his “sole focus” is to stop President Donald Trump from succeding and getting a second term in the Oval Office.

https://ijr.com/richmond-admits-his-sole...ing-trump/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2019, 11:35 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Democrat Rep Admits His ‘Sole Focus’ Has Nothing to Do With Legislation ― He Just Wants to Stop Trump

Congressman Cedric Richmond (D-La.) admitted that his “sole focus” is to stop President Donald Trump from succeding and getting a second term in the Oval Office.

Wake me when the Senate minority leader says the same thing.
At which time I will ask you to set your clock back to 2009.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-29-2019, 11:35 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Democrat Rep Admits His ‘Sole Focus’ Has Nothing to Do With Legislation ― He Just Wants to Stop Trump

Imagine that. An opposing party rep against an existing President.  We've never seen this before.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I applaud him for his testicular fortitude - it's something that's SEVERELY lacking on that side of the aisle.

(04-29-2019, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Wake me when the Senate minority leader says the same thing.

Is there any lefty you won't jump to defend?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-29-2019, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Wake me when the Senate minority leader says the same thing.

Depends what they did.
I see politics as actions and policies, some of which are defensible, some of which aren't.
Others see politics as great men and women ruling us, some of whom are defensible, some of whom are not.  This strikes me as petty and small minded.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 03:17 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Have the democrats had any legislation since they took the house over 100 days ago? Curious if their constituents are as crazy as they are or if they are regretting voting for them.

(04-29-2019, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is there any lefty you won't jump to defend?

Depends what they did.
I see politics as actions and policies, some of which are defensible, some of which aren't.
Others see politics as great men and women ruling us, some of whom are defensible, some of whom are not.  This strikes me as petty and small minded.

I thought you enjoyed political leaders ruling us. Didn't you want the government to provide aide for people if the economy goes south?

(04-29-2019, 03:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: Depends what they did.

I thought you enjoyed political leaders ruling us. Didn't you want the government to provide aide for people if the economy goes south?

Right but I don't care who leads that government, if they're team blue or team red or team Green space alien.  It's the policy that I would favor or oppose, not the person.

(04-29-2019, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is there any lefty you won't jump to defend?

Depends what they did.

"great"

Ha.

(04-29-2019, 01:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Wake me when the Senate minority leader says the same thing.

Also I wasn't really defending the guy, just saying, if his statement makes you mad, maybe McConnell's identical statement from 10 years ago should have made you mad too.
But both statements are bluster.  They are causing a lot of us to have bad and vindictive attitudes towards our countrymen, but they aren't changing anything about law and policy.

Regardless of who said it and when, these folks aren't doing their JOB and that should be a concern to everyone. Since when did it become okay to become an elected official for the sole purpose of ousting the POTUS?

(04-29-2019, 04:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Regardless of who said it and when, these folks aren't doing their JOB and that should be a concern to everyone. Since when did it become okay to become an elected official for the sole purpose of ousting the POTUS?

It really isn't their fault. Its the morons who voted for them. These people campaigned on impeaching Trump, so its not really a surprise.

(04-29-2019, 04:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Regardless of who said it and when, these folks aren't doing their JOB and that should be a concern to everyone. Since when did it become okay to become an elected official for the sole purpose of ousting the POTUS?

Great question!
We can give an exact date. October 23rd 2010.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-mitch-m...ing-to-do/

It's pretty sad when the entire foundation of you platform is childish "resistance."

That and being Santa Claus.

Completely vacant when it comes to what's in the best interest of the country and its foundation/core.

Putin and others interested in our self destruction must laugh at such fools for the damage and division they cause. Lifting the heavy load so they don't have to.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-29-2019, 05:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: It's pretty sad when the entire foundation of you platform is childish "resistance."

Completely vacant when it comes to what's in the best interest of the country and its foundation/core.

Putin and others interested in our self destruction must laugh at such fools for the damage and division they cause.  Lifting the heavy load so they don't have to.

Yes.  And it was equally childish ten years ago.

You've proven yourself extremely green, but moveon.org was created over 20 years ago (and should have ended shortly thereafter if they were honest about their purpose.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-29-2019, 06:23 PM)pirkster Wrote: You've proven yourself extremely green, but moveon.org was created over 20 years ago (and should have ended shortly thereafter if they were honest about their purpose.)

Give him a break, he wasn't even alive when Reagan was President.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-29-2019, 06:23 PM)pirkster Wrote: You've proven yourself extremely green, but moveon.org was created over 20 years ago (and should have ended shortly thereafter if they were honest about their purpose.)

moveon.org wasn't a leader or member of either house of Congress.
I agree that they should have dissolved after Clinton left office and that their antics were also childish.

A lot of people just want to stop Trump. What's the big deal? If you disagree with someone or something, you try to stop it/them.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 07:26 PM by MalabarJag.)

(04-29-2019, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 05:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: It's pretty sad when the entire foundation of you platform is childish "resistance."

Putin and others interested in our self destruction must laugh at such fools for the damage and division they cause.  Lifting the heavy load so they don't have to.

Yes.  And it was equally childish ten years ago.

There's a huge difference between opposing a policy vs. opposing a person. but you keep right on believing the Left Wing spin factory that claims they are the same.

(04-29-2019, 07:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A lot of people just want to stop Trump. What's the big deal? If you disagree with someone or something, you try to stop it/them.

Sure, if you disagree with a policy then don't vote for it. But this is a case of the Dems refusing to vote for policies they favor just to avoid giving Trump a successful bill.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"