Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 07:18 PM by Sosa.)

I still cringe when he kicks. Gonna take the entire season of him being consistent before I'm comfortable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is not college football. NFL teams can't have two kickers because of roster size limits.

The Broncos carried 2 kickers just a couple seasons ago.  McManus for kickoffs and someone else did the field goal kicking.

Omaha v JDub.

And it's not even a PPV!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The Broncos carried 2 kickers just a couple seasons ago.  McManus for kickoffs and someone else did the field goal kicking.

The Broncos were good enough to afford cutting a backup at another position. The Jaguars don't have that luxury.

Quote:The Broncos were good enough to afford cutting a backup at another position. The Jaguars don't have that luxury.

I hate everything about your pretentious signature. Having to read it under your already pretentious posts ignites a fiery hatred in the inner chambers of my soul.

I have to be honest, he's been a pleasant surprise so far.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I hate everything about your pretentious signature. Having to read it under your already pretentious posts ignites a fiery hatred in the inner chambers of my soul.

You don't even like how I alternated team colors? I thought that was cute.

You don't have to look at it, of course. Hover your mouse in the upper right corner and you will see a gray X. Click on it and select Ignore Signature in the drop down menu. I block a lot of signatures that way.

How could you not hate him last season? Every XP was a question. Difference between being a hater and hating a player is a hater hates someone that IS GOOD. Myers was garbagio last season. How could he even have a hater?

Quote:Great back up but  just not a starter in this league.

smh.  Unless this is sarcastic, in which case, well played.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:How could you not hate him last season? Every XP was a question. Difference between being a hater and hating a player is a hater hates someone that IS GOOD. Myers was garbagio last season. How could he even have a hater?

He missed to many extra points but his performance on field goals was better than average.  I posted that already.  

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 08:22 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Quote:He missed to many extra points but his performance on field goals was better than average.  I posted that already.  
Never saw a post from you. I was referring directly to XP's, not FGs. I could careless if a kicker can hit FGs, when he is missing XPs. Missing XPs drives you insane. One missed XP changes the dynamic of the game. If you did not dislike Myers last year not sure what you liked. Anyways, looked to be more mental than anything, either that or he is the Tim Wakefield of NFL and his knuckle is on point right now. 

It's Myers
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Never saw a post from you. I was referring directly to XP's, not FGs. I could careless if a kicker can hit FGs, when he is missing XPs. Missing XPs drives you insane. One missed XP changes the dynamic of the game. If you did not dislike Myers last year not sure what you liked. Anyways, looked to be more mental than anything, either that or he is the Tim Wakefield of NFL and his knuckle is on point right now. 

What I meant in my post that I referred to was that he was an above average FG kicker and a below average PAT kicker.  On balance it evens out, I think it's more important to make the 3 pointers than the 1 pointers.  In the post I made that you didn't see, I also mentioned that I thought the early PAT misses were due to him being a novice that that he'd improve a lot as he become more experienced.  I think he's made my point this year so far.

Quote:It's Myers

The misspelling makes me mad every time. Everyone knows that.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 08:37 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:What I meant in my post that I referred to was that he was an above average FG kicker and a below average PAT kicker.  On balance it evens out, I think it's more important to make the 3 pointers than the 1 pointers.  In the post I made that you didn't see, I also mentioned that I thought the early PAT misses were due to him being a novice that that he'd improve a lot as he become more experienced.  I think he's made my point this year so far.

If the one-point plays were not important the NFL would have kept them at the 2 yard line. FGs became more important than they used to be after PATs were moved back.

Quote:What I meant in my post that I referred to was that he was an above average FG kicker and a below average PAT kicker.  On balance it evens out, I think it's more important to make the 3 pointers than the 1 pointers.  In the post I made that you didn't see, I also mentioned that I thought the early PAT misses were due to him being a novice that that he'd improve a lot as he become more experienced.  I think he's made my point this year so far.
I honestly can't find your post in this thread. I must not be able to see it or something, for real lol. Anyways, for me the FGs and XPs are equally as important. You can easily say, well hey thats 3 points compared to one. Not for me. Miss one XP, you have to go for two next time you score a TD. Miss that, now you all messed up. Kicker needs to be able to make both, period. To quote Peyton Manning ....I don't want some "idiot kicker" messing things up. Step up, line up your plant foot, line up your hips, and drain the kick. Don't give me this hey I can make FGs, but not XP crap. This year he has stepped up, but what he is providing should not be considered extraordinary. Keep it going Myers. 

I'm a believer. Kid has a cannon for a leg.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:The misspelling makes me mad every time. Everyone knows that.
its didnt know that

Mires is GOAT.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He just barely squeezed an Xp in Sunday. He's done a good job thus far. But I don't trust him.