Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers

Quote:He just barely squeezed an Xp in Sunday. He's done a good job thus far. But I don't trust him.

He lost the Ravens game, so you shouldn't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the one-point plays were not important the NFL would have kept them at the 2 yard line. FGs became more important than they used to be after PATs were moved back.

I didn't say they weren't important.  I said that 3 pointers were more important.  Both are important but if I have to choose between 3 and 1 points, I would rather have 3 points.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I honestly can't find your post in this thread. I must not be able to see it or something, for real lol. Anyways, for me the FGs and XPs are equally as important. You can easily say, well hey thats 3 points compared to one. Not for me. Miss one XP, you have to go for two next time you score a TD. Miss that, now you all messed up. Kicker needs to be able to make both, period. To quote Peyton Manning ....I don't want some "idiot kicker" messing things up. Step up, line up your plant foot, line up your hips, and drain the kick. Don't give me this hey I can make FGs, but not XP crap. This year he has stepped up, but what he is providing should not be considered extraordinary. Keep it going Myers. 

I didn't make the post in this thread, I think I actually posted it at the end of last year sometime.  Anyway, yeah they're both important like I told MissJagsFanatic (basically) if you have a guy that can kick the hard kicks in most cases, the easy kicks will come.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Jerrard - Garrard

Meyers - Myers

Quote:Jerrard - Garrard

Meyers - Myers

There is no reason to misspell those two names. Everyone knows what the names are.

I've been very impressed with Meiyerrs so far this season.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

He's been alright. In truth. I don't want to see him on the field. I want to see us in the end-zone. Anything under 50 yards though so far I feel pretty comfortable with him out there. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I am one of the doubters, so I'll reply. Yes, he is looking better so far. Let's wait and see how things go along the way during this season.

Jason Meyes is the best damn field goal kicker in the game and that's all there is to it.

So far, so good....Tinker, the long snapper, was interesting on All Access about Myers on Monday.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm swinging the other way. Even the kicks that he makes look horrible a lot of the time. I don't want to see extra points just scraping through - I want them down the middle. Just because the borderline accurate kicks are going in at the moment doesn't mean they will do in the future. Sitting in a front-row middle-of-the-endzone seat to watch Myers kicking has made me less confident about him, not more, despite the stats.

Quote:Jason Meyes is the best damn field goal kicker in the game and that's all there is to it.

I live on his Breyer's Strawberry Ice Cream.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I still believe his problem with extra points was more mental than physical. And if he has sorted that out, then he is a good kicker.

Four games is too soon to judge, but he's done very little wrong this season. We've already been over the reasons the Baltimore kick was blocked.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2016, 05:29 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:He's been alright. In truth. I don't want to see him on the field. I want to see us in the end-zone. Anything under 50 yards though so far I feel pretty comfortable with him out there. 

If you want to see us in the end zone you do want to see him on the field.

Quote:So far, so good....Tinker, the long snapper, was interesting on All Access about Myers on Monday.

What did Tinker say about him?

Quote:I still believe his problem with extra points was more mental than physical. And if he has sorted that out, then he is a good kicker.

Four games is too soon to judge, but he's done very little wrong this season. We've already been over the reasons the Baltimore kick was blocked.

Pretty much.  Last season was the first season that extra point kicks were moved back from the 2 yard line to the 15 yard line.  It did cause issues with plenty of kickers including Jason Myers.  It's no longer a "gimme".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Pretty much.  Last season was the first season that extra point kicks were moved back from the 2 yard line to the 15 yard line.  It did cause issues with plenty of kickers including Jason Myers.  It's no longer a "gimme".

The rule change affected better kickers a lot less than Myers though. What was different about Myers that made him mentally struggle more than everyone else who missed a PAT try last season?

He has been solid as a rock so far. If he keeps it up, going through the year of growing pains would have been well worth it. He has a bazooka for a leg, he just needs to get his head right.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:He has been solid as a rock so far. If he keeps it up, going through the year of growing pains would have been well worth it. He has a bazooka for a leg, he just needs to get his head right.

^This.

He has a stronger leg than Scobee, and Scobee had a pretty strong leg.

Jason (Halloween falls on Friday the 13th) Myers also is much better at onside kicks. Scobee was terrible.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:^This.

He has a stronger leg than Scobee, and Scobee had a pretty strong leg.

Jason (Halloween falls on Friday the 13th) Myers also is much better at onside kicks. Scobee was terrible.

Scobee easily made a 59-yarder. Myers was lucky to make a 58-yarder .Now Myers has a stronger leg, but not compared to the 2010 Scobee.