Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which LB lineup is most likely?
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen (s)
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen/ Jacobs combo
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan (s)
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan/Allen combo (s)
Journeyman/Williams (w) Jack (m) Allen (s)
Williams/combo (w) Jack (m) Allen/combo (S)
corn
blank #2
other
[Show Results]

LB Alignment if Telvin Doesn't Play - 2019

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 10:51 AM by Caldrac.)

I don't think Quincy Williams is that much of an unknown. Maybe to us. But certainly not to the scouting department and coaching staff. I don't think you take a player 98th overall and set low expectations earlier on. They didn't hesitate throwing Leon Jacobs into twelve games along with a trio of starts in his role last year and he was a 7th RD pick.

Blair Brown was a 5th RD pick just two years ago and as a rookie he played in thirteen games and started two earlier on. Same goes for Telvin Smith when he was a 5th RD pick. I think Quincy Williams will be thrown into the starting line-up by the end of September at the minimum. He's not being asked to play the Mike position. He'll have a lot to learn but for the most part when you look at his highlights from college he's a read and react, thumper type.

If he's being asked to cover a TE or keep an eye on the QB (If he's mobile) or watch the RB and they don't put too much on his plate I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. Again, I don't think you take a player 98th overall and with all of the given circumstances regarding Telvin Smith if they didn't have very, very early on expectations for Williams to get out there and mix it up I don't see how they could justify spending that high of a value pick on him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: LB Alignment if Telvin Doesn't Play - 2019 - by Caldrac - 05-14-2019, 10:49 AM