Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
May/June '19 OTA Updates

(05-25-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Dimson Wrote: What is up with our first round DEs and their knees?

It's a misleading tweet.

The kid has a bruise. 

They are speculating that Allen will be held out of 7 voluntary OTA practices to let a bruise heal. 
It's not a big deal and doesn't compare in any way to the Fowler situation.

Obviously it doesn't compare to Fowler. I am aware it is just bruised. Just pointing out first round DEs having knee issues, even if one of them is just minor.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-24-2019, 09:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good to see Ogbuehi moving really well.  Would be nice to have some depth at the tackle spot.  Between Ogbuehi, Taylor, and Richardson I think we are good at RT

Let's hope they figure it out. We face JJ Watt week two.

Why stop there?

Week one, Frank Clark.

Week 2, also Clowney (unless traded) and Mercilus

Week 3 Harold Landry

Week 4  Von Miller

Point is, that opening stretch of games is brutal, especially from a pass rush perspective. 

The very last thing we need is Ogbuehi starting at RT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-25-2019, 04:45 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a misleading tweet.

The kid has a bruise. 

They are speculating that Allen will be held out of 7 voluntary OTA practices to let a bruise heal. 

Obviously it doesn't compare to Fowler. I am aware it is just bruised. Just pointing out first round DEs having knee issues, even if one of them is just minor.

Nick Bosa is dealing with a hamstring and Quinnen Williams is dealing with a calf strain. 

A knee bruise is nothing.

(05-25-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 03:10 PM)Dimson Wrote: What is up with our first round DEs and their knees?

It's a misleading tweet.

The kid has a bruise. 

I sincerely hope all IS well with Allen, and they are simply being extremely cautious.

Maybe I am more prone to panic in my advancing age.

But as I read these things, the bruise went from "nothing" to something that will keep him out of 7 OTA practices.

In my mind, the ominous music at the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War is playing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We have seen this before. To down play an injury to not effect ticket sales. Hopefully this time it really isn't a longer issue

(05-25-2019, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a misleading tweet.

The kid has a bruise. 

I sincerely hope all IS well with Allen, and they are simply being extremely cautious.

But as I read these things, the bruise went from "nothing" to something that will keep him out of 7 OTA practices.

In my mind, the ominous music at the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War is playing.

I'm sure it's nothing, but it's strikingly reminiscent of when the Chargers last year said Joey Bosa had a bone bruise in his foot going into the season. 
'02

(05-25-2019, 08:54 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I sincerely hope all IS well with Allen, and they are simply being extremely cautious.

I'm sure it's nothing, but it's strikingly reminiscent of when the Chargers last year said Joey Bosa had a bone bruise in his foot going into the season. 

The difference being Bosa injured his foot on Aug 7 and then re-injured it again Sept 6th.

Today is only May 25th...

Not to worry folks. I saw Allen at publix yesterday, he was carrying two at least 10lb watermelons and wasn't limping at all. Plus I overheard him tell the cashier he was going water skiing and was at least 91% healthy.

(05-26-2019, 02:15 AM)surfon Wrote: Not to worry folks.  I saw Allen at publix yesterday, he was carrying two at least 10lb watermelons and wasn't limping at all.  Plus I overheard him tell the cashier he was going water skiing and was at least 91% healthy.

That's what I wanted to hear. He's already shopping at Publix.

"Publix, Where Shopping Is A Pleasure".

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-25-2019, 08:54 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-25-2019, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I sincerely hope all IS well with Allen, and they are simply being extremely cautious.

Until they officially have to report something, we won't know. As long as he is out there and at least working on the side, we know it's not bad enough that is requires surgery or staying off of it because of swelling.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Nick Foles out for personal reasons and the team has no timetable for when he will return.

Must be a close death in the family. Marrone said my thoughts are with Foles and his family

Bummer about Foles today. Hope everything is alright on his end.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:"Also, defensive Yannick Ngakoue, cornerback Jalen Ramsey, running back Albert Blue and linebacker Telvin Smith did not attend practice"

"Albert" better kick it in gear. He's got a roster spot to win.
'02

It's hard to imagine what Foles is going through right now.

(05-28-2019, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It's hard to imagine what Foles is going through right now.

What happened? Is it his wife or...?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 12:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 12:48 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-28-2019, 12:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It's hard to imagine what Foles is going through right now.

What happened? Is it his wife or...?

I have no idea. That's why it's really hard to imagine (since we don't know).  Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 12:47 PM by Caldrac.)

(05-28-2019, 12:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 12:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What happened? Is it his wife or...?

I have no idea. That's why it's really hard to imagine (since we don't know).  Smile

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4527455]

[Image: giphy.gif]