Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ranking NFL RB Groups

(05-29-2019, 02:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: These rankings are all over the place. I'd love to know how the Packers are ahead of all those teams , even if you think Aaron Jones is very talented (i do)  

I don't think we're #31 but definitely below average overall

(05-29-2019, 10:15 AM)JNev Wrote: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/29/1...best-worst

Jaguars came in 31st... Wow

Bears at 5? Tarik Cohen + David Montgomery lol

Seahawks at 10? None of thise guys have shown the ability to stay healthy, much less be stable RBs going forward

Eagles at 19? Jordan Howard (guy they got for a 6th rd pick) and scrubs is better than Fournette?

Bengals at 20? Mixon is better than any guy in the Eagles depth chart

In what world is Samaje Perine RB1 over AP and Guice?

What a screwed up ranking

Howard has been better than Fournette + Sanders is better than Armstead imo.

Haaaa! Howard is HORRIBLE. A plodding unimpressive runner who doesn't excel at anything. If you actually think Howard is better than Fournette, then idk what games you're watching - or maybe you're not watching games and that's the problem?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-30-2019, 11:12 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 02:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: These rankings are all over the place. I'd love to know how the Packers are ahead of all those teams , even if you think Aaron Jones is very talented (i do)  

Haaaa! Howard is HORRIBLE. A plodding unimpressive runner who doesn't excel at anything. If you actually think Howard is better than Fournette, then idk what games you're watching - or maybe you're not watching games and that's the problem?

It's really cool to bash Fournette right now, you're forgetting that

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 01:01 PM by JackCity.)

(05-30-2019, 11:12 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:

If he's a plodding unimpressive runner who doesn't excel at anything then what does that make Fournette? Given Howard has been better in the NFL than Fournette has to this point.  

You guys need to take off the homer shades and watch/study some more teams than the Jags

(05-30-2019, 11:28 AM)JNev Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 11:12 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Haaaa! Howard is HORRIBLE. A plodding unimpressive runner who doesn't excel at anything. If you actually think Howard is better than Fournette, then idk what games you're watching - or maybe you're not watching games and that's the problem?

It's really cool to bash Fournette right now, you're forgetting that

Solid rebuttal

(05-29-2019, 06:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 01:39 PM)Upper Wrote: Ah, I thought we were trying to have an intellectually honest discussion but you clearly are not. My bad, disregard.

What is your intellectually honest best prediction at where the Jags' running back corps ranks in all-purpose yards come January?

I care very little about where we rank in an overall list, just like I have railed ad nauseum about people who tried to say that Bortles 2015 was good simply because he inefficiently compiled a lot of overall stats. Fournette's rookie season was actually pretty similar to Bortles' 2015. If you look at the back of the trading card they might look impressive, when you look under the hood they were in fact very unimpressive.

Fournette has always been talented has lots of potential we just only get to see it 1/3 of a season. If that changes we get catapulted up. Armstead could be a great addition although I will miss that blazing speed of Corey Grant.
No pain, no gain.

Our RB Corp has been upgraded w/strength and down graded w/speed. If I'm correct, LF27 is the only speedster at the position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-03-2019, 06:00 AM)NH3 Wrote: Our RB Corp has been upgraded w/strength and down graded w/speed. If I'm correct, LF27 is the only speedster at the position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yeah... Armstead is probably the fastest after Fournette with a 4.45 40. Rawls ran a slightly faster 40-time at his combine (4.42), but he's a few years older now. 
'02

(05-30-2019, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 06:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What is your intellectually honest best prediction at where the Jags' running back corps ranks in all-purpose yards come January?

I care very little about where we rank in an overall list, just like I have railed ad nauseum about people who tried to say that Bortles 2015 was good simply because he inefficiently compiled a lot of overall stats. Fournette's rookie season was actually pretty similar to Bortles' 2015. If you look at the back of the trading card they might look impressive, when you look under the hood they were in fact very unimpressive.

It's a good comparison. Fournette looks a lot like Trent Richardson, kind of like Bortles looks a lot like Mark Sanchez.

(05-29-2019, 04:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 04:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Howard is wearing out. He's not better than Fournette, and probably doesn't even start over their rookie.

He was better than Fournette as a rookie and in his 2nd year. So thats 2 years of being better than Fournette in the NFL. Fournette was injured but that doesn't give him a free credit for performing worse. 

Sanders is great and was taken in the 2nd, it would be a big shock if Sanders wasnt the main back when all is said and done

I hate 3.4nette more than anyone.. but Howard is a nobody. Fournette is twice the player he ever was.