Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Andrew Norwell vows not to disappoint teammates

Andrew Norwell vows not to disappoint teammates

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-teammates

Andrew Norwell signed a big deal with Jacksonville last year, but struggled with injury and consistency. The Jaguars offensive lineman vows to perform better this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:"It's no excuse, but it wasn't my healthiest season," Norwell said, via The Florida Times-Union. "I battled through it and ultimately had a significant injury there and that ended my season. I was very disappointed. I'm not going to let my teammates down like that again."

Hope his efforts pay off.

I’m glad to read this because I couldn’t say his name last season without spitting.

I love how the guy owns it even though getting hurt is ultimately not his fault lol
I doubt he let the teammates down so much as the fans who see his contract and his season and flame the guy for being hurt.

When you talk about a guy with a chip on his shoulder primed for a great season, Norwell takes the cake.

Remember this is a guy we made the highest paid interior OL in the league with him coming off a season when that's precisely what he was. This is why you might hear me arguing that Norwell was not even overpaid like most FAs who land top dollar.

Norwell's first season he did seem to struggle getting acclimated to the Jaguars scheme, and then in year twohe was injured for the most part. He's got to be itching to prove he's the guy we thought we signed, and this quote seems to suggest as much.

Keep in mind we also got George Warhop as the new OL coach who Marrone keeps raving about. Now I've seen the stats thread as of the late with his OLs and they're not very attractive, but Warhop has an enormous amount of experience and just might be able to get the most of our starting unit.

I feel like Linder, Cam and Cann also have pretty big chips on their shoulders after what transpired this past season.
'02

(06-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: When you talk about a guy with a chip on his shoulder primed for a great season, Norwell takes the cake.

Remember this is a guy we made the highest paid interior OL in the league with him coming off a season when that's precisely what he was. This is why you might hear me arguing that Norwell was not even overpaid like most FAs who land top dollar.

Norwell's first season he did seem to struggle getting acclimated to the Jaguars scheme, and then in year twohe was injured for the most part. He's got to be itching to prove he's the guy we thought we signed, and this quote seems to suggest as much.

Keep in mind we also got George Warhop as the new OL coach who Marrone keeps raving about. Now I've seen the stats thread as of the late with his OLs and they're not very attractive, but Warhop has an enormous amount of experience and just might be able to get the most of our starting unit.

I feel like Linder, Cam and Cann also have pretty big chips on their shoulders after what transpired this past season.

Huh?  This IS his second year with the Jaguars.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Norwell's first season he did seem to struggle getting acclimated to the Jaguars scheme, and then in year twohe was injured for the most part. He's got to be itching to prove he's the guy we thought we signed, and this quote seems to suggest as much.

Hmm... in year one he was injured and struggled to get healthy and played through injury until ultimately not being able to.

In year two, we hope he stays healthy and returns to form from his last year with Carolina.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 02:33 PM by ATLjag.)

I hope he returns to his All-Pro form, because, injury or not, he was mediocre last year when playing. His 2018 and this year's 2019 salary are guaranteed. After this year, he no longer has any guaranteed money remaining in his deal. A $16m cap hit for a guard should mean the guy has Chuck Norris (or Greg Jones) traits to dominate.

(06-06-2019, 02:32 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I hope he returns to his All-Pro form, because, injury or not, he was mediocre last year when playing.  His 2018 and this year's 2019 salary are guaranteed.  After this year, he no longer has any guaranteed money remaining in his deal.  A $16m cap hit for a guard should mean the guy has Chuck Norris (or Greg Jones) traits to dominate.

Remember when Greg threw Lamar Woodley to the ground like he was a rag doll? I miss Greg Jones. Too bad he injured is knee and we pretty much never gave him a new opportunity as a RB.

Much like the discussion about how Foles will help the receivers, I think having a guy like Nick in the huddle RUNNING this offense and not kind of floating through a game will help everyone on the offense rebound. Foles isn't going to drive the line nuts by not going through his progressions and breaking off into runs. With a competent QB under center, I would expect to see the confidence level, and then the level of play from the line, and the skill positions to rise exponentially. It's going to be fun to watch an actual QB run this offense.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: When you talk about a guy with a chip on his shoulder primed for a great season, Norwell takes the cake.

I know 2018 was a looooong season, but it was only Linder's first. Another season like last I suspect 2019 would be his last in Jacksonville.

Oh, I guess I added a year.

So, same thing, but the stuff I sad about 2017 was this past year prior to his being injured. I need to remember to always double check myself before posting.

At any rate, I recall him struggling with the scheme, and come to think of it, that might have been what led to the injury. I still think he's primed to break out and prove himself.
'02