Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 oil tankers damaged in suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman

(06-14-2019, 02:54 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It's a shame the US intel services have shown themselves to be partisan liars who the President cannot trust.

Hey - careful! There are some people here who don't realize that you are a comedy writer. They may actually believe what you wrote.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So Iran is now holding 23 crew members that it took from a rescuing tug. Furthermore, Iranian gunboats have surrounded their ship and are not allowing rescue tugs to move it. I imagine they'll scatter once we arrive on the scene. The crew members are another story.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Iran launched missile at US drone ahead of tanker attacks, official tells CNN

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/06...PdpMPzkAJU
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(06-14-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 12:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because I agreed with its content and found it funny? Why else?

Yeah they got the information wrong. The US needs to bring back Chaney to get their propaganda machine back up and running, the Iran and Venezuela plans have been poorly executed.

Despite what the US war machine says the Iranian government is not an irrational actor. The prime minister of Japan was in Iran at the time of the attacks.

The more likely scenario is a Saudi funded terrorist attack which can be conveniently blamed on Iran to further the long term US plan of taking them out.
How does a Saudi funded ploy explain the removing of an unexploded device Iranian mine by an Iranian fast boat before the U.S. arriving for assistance?  What is the US cost versus a gain of taking Iran out? The answer is nothing for a lot, otherwise, it would have taken place quite a while ago.

How do we know it was an Iranian boat?
How do we know what the men in the boat were doing? How do we know let the grainy, choppy video they showed us is running forwards and not backwards?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 08:56 PM by MalabarJag.)

(06-14-2019, 07:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How does a Saudi funded ploy explain the removing of an unexploded device Iranian mine by an Iranian fast boat before the U.S. arriving for assistance?  What is the US cost versus a gain of taking Iran out? The answer is nothing for a lot, otherwise, it would have taken place quite a while ago.

How do we know what the men in the boat were doing? How do we know let the grainy, choppy video they showed us is running forwards and not backwards?

We don't know for sure it was an Iranian boat, but it was the type of boat that is used by the Iranian navy.

If the video was run backwards that means the crew was installing the explosive device. That's not a less condemning alternative.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-14-2019, 09:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: Attack Iran for freedom!

https://mobile.twitter.com/robdelaney/st...5304574976

I somewhat agree with this.

Japan is an ally. Norway is an ally. If either ask for assistance the US needs to honor the alliance. Otherwise it should be up to them to respond in whatever way they choose.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 10:11 PM by mikesez.)

(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 07:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: How do we know it was an Iranian boat?

We don't know for sure it was an Iranian boat, but it was the type of boat that is used by the Iranian navy.

If the video was run backwards that means the crew was installing the explosive device. That's not a less condemning alternative.

You insist that it was an unexploded explosive device but that is begging the question.
There is a boat, with about 10 people on it, that approaches a ship, and one of the people on the boat touches the hull of the ship.
Was he putting something on or taking something off, or neither? What was it?
Did this even happen?
a video like this could have been faked in under 24 hours by just one person with a super-computer.
It wouldn't even be a conspiracy theory because it only takes one person.
I don't know much about boats, but the boat shown in the video may have been deployed by the tanker ship.
It could be an American boat as well.  Or Saudi. Or emirati. Or a pirate / terrorist boat.

(06-14-2019, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: We don't know for sure it was an Iranian boat, but it was the type of boat that is used by the Iranian navy.

You insist that it was an unexploded explosive device but that is begging the question.
There is a boat, with about 10 people on it, that approaches a ship, and one of the people on the boat touches the hull of the ship.
Did this even happen?
a video like this could have been faked in under 24 hours by just one person with a super-computer.
I don't know much about boats, but the boat shown in the video may have been deployed by the tanker ship.
It could be an American boat as well.  Or Saudi. Or emirati. Or a pirate / terrorist boat.

You are really stretching to believe the Iranians over the US. Are you so invested in hating the US that you'd really believe that?

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 10:28 PM by B2hibry.)

(06-14-2019, 07:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How does a Saudi funded ploy explain the removing of an unexploded device Iranian mine by an Iranian fast boat before the U.S. arriving for assistance?  What is the US cost versus a gain of taking Iran out? The answer is nothing for a lot, otherwise, it would have taken place quite a while ago.

Try actually watching the video! It isn't hard to identify the details. And if you think that is the only drone footage...oops, sorry, video footage.

(06-14-2019, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 08:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: We don't know for sure it was an Iranian boat, but it was the type of boat that is used by the Iranian navy.

Did this even happen?
Reach any harder and you'll pull something mister tin-foil.

(06-14-2019, 10:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: You insist that it was an unexploded explosive device but that is begging the question.
Did this even happen?

You are really stretching to believe the Iranians over the US. Are you so invested in hating the US that you'd really believe that?

I don't hate the US.
I love the US.
But John Bolton is a proven liar about this kind of thing. And he's not the only one.
It was, after all, an American who said, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me, well you can't get fooled again."

(06-14-2019, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: You are really stretching to believe the Iranians over the US. Are you so invested in hating the US that you'd really believe that?

I don't hate the US.
I love the US.
But John Bolton is a proven liar about this kind of thing. And he's not the only one.
It was, after all, an American who said, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me, well you can't get fooled again."

Who cares what Bolton says. He's a National Security "advisor" which has never been part of any of my decision trees. Commands in the region responsible for security and navigation certainly aren't in the habit of making up stories for their area of responsibility that they can be Court Martialed for. You can go to CENTCOM or 5th Fleet web pages for media releases directly from the source.

(06-14-2019, 08:55 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:12 AM)JackCity Wrote: Attack Iran for freedom!

https://mobile.twitter.com/robdelaney/st...5304574976

I somewhat agree with this.

Japan is an ally. Norway is an ally. If either ask for assistance the US needs to honor the alliance. Otherwise it should be up to them to respond in whatever way they choose.

Honoring an alliance does not require that you start a war which will destabilize an entire region and bring all those economic gains to a grinding halt as "Trump's War" sends the price of gas to $5.00/gal.

I also remain very far from convinced that Iran was actually behind this.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 04:03 AM by JackCity.)

Its pretty scary how some of you hang on every word from your government Vs critically observing how they've acted for the last 20 years.

As if there aren't some American factions who've been pushing for war with Iran for decades.
If you'd like to discuss false flag potential, this scenario was proposed by Donald Rumsfeld a dozen years ago.
He wanted to put Navy Seals on a boat made to resemble an Iranian patrol boat, then attack a US destroyer to start a war.
The warmongers love to stage attacks at sea. They are by far the easiest to fake.

Yep that exact method was discussed by Chaney and others.

They really need to update the playbook. At least create some fake chemical attacks or something

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 08:49 AM by B2hibry.)

(06-15-2019, 04:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Its pretty scary how some of you hang on every word from your government Vs critically observing how they've acted for the last 20 years.

Pretty crazy how your critical observation includes twitter and not observing how Iran has acted in the region since Persia! But somehow it is a wag the dog moment for you. It's also pretty crazy that you believe this action is a precursor to war. There is absolutely nothing to gain from starting a war or brief conflict with Iran. You and a few others need to actually give Commands some credit and autonomy from who you like to believe are puppet masters.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 08:57 AM by B2hibry.)

(06-15-2019, 12:56 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 08:55 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I somewhat agree with this.

Honoring an alliance does not require that you start a war which will destabilize an entire region and bring all those economic gains to a grinding halt as "Trump's War" sends the price of gas to $5.00/gal.

It's been their M.O. Why wouldn't Iran be behind this? Next, we're going to have some of you saying North Korea is squeaky clean, loves their regional neighbors, and wishes nothing but goodwill for America.

We should've ended the Iran problem 40 years ago.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 09:14 AM by JackCity.)

(06-15-2019, 08:57 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 12:56 AM)TJBender Wrote: Honoring an alliance does not require that you start a war which will destabilize an entire region and bring all those economic gains to a grinding halt as "Trump's War" sends the price of gas to $5.00/gal.

It's been their M.O. Why wouldn't Iran be behind this? Next, we're going to have some of you saying North Korea is squeaky clean, loves their regional neighbors, and wishes nothing but goodwill for America.

Because it makes zero sense for Iran to attack Japan and ruin the relationship they have. Attacking a Japanese oil tanker would be way up on the list of things they don't want to do. 

On the other hand, if you were a country who is looking to impact oil relationships and/or destabilise a nation (wink wink) it would be a good plan of action to make it look like Iran did it

(06-15-2019, 08:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We should've ended the Iran problem 40 years ago.

Don't fret. Still plenty of time to send those peace bombs

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 09:18 AM by mikesez.)

(06-15-2019, 08:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 04:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Its pretty scary how some of you hang on every word from your government Vs critically observing how they've acted for the last 20 years.

Pretty crazy how your critical observation includes twitter and not observing how Iran has acted in the region since Persia! But somehow it is a wag the dog moment for you. It's also pretty crazy that you believe this action is a precursor to war. There is absolutely nothing to gain from starting a war or brief conflict with Iran. You and a few others need to actually give Commands some credit and autonomy from who you like to believe are puppet masters.

There is something to be gained, for someone.
The initial defeat of Iran will be relatively simple.
If they time it right, the US military can have control of the gulf coast of Iran, where most of the oil is, by Christmas. Iran is much bigger than Iraq, and more mountainous, so it's unlikely we would be able to quickly gain control of the entire country by force. but it is well within our capabilities to get the coastal lowlands. Perhaps Teheran would surrender at that point, or perhaps we would start to declare the part we control to be independent from Teheran.  Either way, the downside of the move, in terms of military glory, doesn't come for another two years at least. And Donny gets to beat the "support the troops" drum to re-election.