Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 oil tankers damaged in suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman

It's probably 99% certain that Iran did it.  The evidence released to the public tells part of the story.  People that naively think that "grainy video" released to the public is the only evidence don't know the capabilities of the intelligence community, specifically the military.  That's actually a good thing.

What does Iran have to gain?  This is most likely in response to the sanctions placed on the country as well as the U.S. voiding the nuclear "treaty" that was put in place by the prior administration.  They won't get far with this and they under-estimate the capabilities of other nations.  They have weapons, specifically certain submarines that they don't know how to operate that could be very dangerous in the area.

The flag that the tankers fly is really of no significance.  Most of the ships that deliver goods not only to the U.S. but other countries fly under various country's flags.  Even the cruise ships that operate out of our ports are often flagged and commanded by foreign people/countries.  The last couple of cruises that my wife and I took out of Jacksonville and Miami were flagged by a different country and commanded by an Italian captain.

The area has been a dangerous place for many years.  I know that when I sailed through those waters (roughly 5 times) on a naval warship we were always on high alert.  I flew into Bahrain which is one of our "allies" in the region, yet precautions were in place for our protection.  We were pretty much limited to our hotel and the base that we have there.

One thing to ponder though.  Notice how this incident has disappeared from the latest news?  Why is that?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 oil tankers damaged in suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman - by jagibelieve - 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM