Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dems Consider $4.5 Billion Border Bill, All for the Care of Migrants

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 10:05 PM by americus 2.0.)

(06-25-2019, 09:34 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Switzerland is pretty nice.

Long drive to the beach.

I prefer the mountains anyway. Skied the mountains in the Austrian/German border once. I hate skiing but the view was epic.

(06-25-2019, 03:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 11:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm not deflecting anything, just pointing out a fact that you agreed with. And no, neither side will do a damn thing about it which is pathetic. 
Legal citizens of this country should always come first before immigrants, foreign policy, humanitarian aid, etc. 

There are no easy answers for the immigration issue and this administration is doing no better or worse than previous ones. The Obama administration didn't provide sanitary conditions for minors either. 

This country is broken regardless of which side you're looking from. Still....I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

This whole issue is so wrong on so many levels, and you can certainly point to both sides of the political aisle.  The current issue and the subject of this thread is the perfect example of how politicians will exploit anything purely for political reasons.

You have democrats saying how "kids are held in cages" and some even going so far as to call them "concentration camps" and pointing out the sanitary conditions.  However, they refuse to do anything about it, especially address the root cause of why these people are in these detention centers.  The people are there because they BROKE THE LAW.  There are children there that have NO DNA associated with the "adults" that they came with.  The bigger question is WHY ARE THEY THERE?  It's because of the "sanctuary cities", the fact that they can get "assistance" and the fact that it's relatively easy to get across the border then claim "asylum".  Democrats are doing the same thing to these children (exploiting them) that the "coyotes" did when they "assigned" children to people as they came across the border.

That's just part of the crisis at the border.  The other crisis is the amount of drugs (specifically opioids), criminals and gang members that are coming across.  Securing the border and stopping the flow should be the first priority.

Sadly the young kids who really have no say are being caught up in this mess and are being needlessly traumatized and victimized. It pisses me off to no end. And the politicians all around are parading their tragedy around like shameless whores. These people should be ashamed of themselves but they're not. Makes me sick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dems Consider $4.5 Billion Border Bill, All for the Care of Migrants - by americus 2.0 - 06-25-2019, 10:00 PM