Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quincy Williams Injury

(08-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: On his radio show tonight, Marrone said Williams actually had the injury for a while and was playing through it.  Marrone said that Williams indicated it was feeling a little different so they decided to check it out.  Marrone is confident Williams will be ready for Week 1.

Not a fan of "playing through it" during the offseason especially for a rookie thats been training or practicing nearly non stop since the end of college

Obviously severity and what not plays into it, just a curious decision.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's always something. Can't we catch a break?

(08-01-2019, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's always something. Can't we catch a break?

Well, a break came along in 2017. Have to wait another eight years for another one.

He'll be ready for day one but missing the pre-season will be crippling as an rookie that we have to depend on.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Since I know nothing about the kid, I was really looking forward to watching him play in the preseason. Oh well.......

Surprised Jags haven't brought in some depth or camp body at LB. Josh Bynes and Manti Teo are out there still.
I know we have Leon Jacobs, Goode, and I'm sure Allen can play out there but boy the middle of that backfield is not looking good. Between the safeties and LB's there isn't too much experience.
Maybe they plan on playing nickel most of their games and dont feel LB to be a need.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(08-02-2019, 01:47 PM)I’ll JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Surprised Jags haven't brought in some depth or camp body at LB. Josh Bynes and Manti Teo are out there still.
I know we have Leon Jacobs, Goode, and I'm sure Allen can play out there but boy the middle of that backfield is not looking good. Between the safeties and LB's there isn't too much experience.
Maybe they plan on playing nickel most of their games and dont feel LB to be a need.

They signed 4 free agent LBs back in the Spring that are still on the roster.

(08-02-2019, 01:47 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Surprised Jags haven't brought in some depth or camp body at LB. Josh Bynes and Manti Teo are out there still.

I heard Manti Teo was slow as dlineman. I heard that he was Brandon Spikes type of slow.

I forgot he was in the league.

(08-01-2019, 08:38 PM)NH3 Wrote: He'll be ready for day one but missing the pre-season will be crippling as an rookie that we have to depend on.

NH3...

This! 

He will definitely be back and ready week 1, but quite a difference from playing last game at Murray State to playing NFL ball. Preseason reps were huge for this kid.

Why the [BLEEP] are we working these guys so hard in practice?? Every single year this happens... time for a change

(08-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Why the [BLEEP] are we working these guys so hard in practice?? Every single year this happens... time for a change

The kid plays a million miles an hour on every snap. His style is going to lend itself to getting banged up every now and then. There is no evidence to suggest he was worked too hard.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 04:33 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-02-2019, 01:47 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Surprised Jags haven't brought in some depth or camp body at LB. Josh Bynes and Manti Teo are out there still.

This actually gave me a thought.  If we have our Starters set at Yann, Cambell, Dareus, and Jones/Bryan in the middle.  We could use Allen on several downs at LB to fill that 3rd spot once Quincy comes back to mix it up.  That would actually be ideal since he can either cover a RB or blitz from the edge in certain packages.  That would leave Williams and Jack at the other two spots and i know Ryan is suppose to be a run stuffer; but ijs.  I would like it if they did that, but im not the coach.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Why the [BLEEP] are we working these guys so hard in practice?? Every single year this happens... time for a change
It's football practice, not cheer camp. And if you've been paying attention, this years camp schedule and process was deliberately softened.

https://www.jaguars.com/video/marrone-lo...-practices

https://www.jaguars.com/video/marrone-we...ng-smarter
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-05-2019, 08:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The kid plays a million miles an hour on every snap. His style is going to lend itself to getting banged up every now and then. There is no evidence to suggest he was worked too hard.

I can't say whether he is being worked too hard or not.

First, on the interview that happened a day after they announced the injury, Marrone stated the injury happened before then, but didn't say when.  This means it may have happened last season, or it could have happened by him training for the combine to which he was never invited.

Secondly, by most accounts, this camp has not been as grueling as even last year's camp, to say nothing about cps from bygone eras.

On the other hand, when Marrone spoke so glowingly about Williams, he specifically referenced a mindset where Williams would constantly ask for more reps.  If overworking played a role in this surgery, then it's possible Williams bears much of the responsibility given he took the extra reps knowing he was playing through an injury.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!