Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
El Paso Mass Shooting

(08-06-2019, 11:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 04:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If a shooter in an attack resulting in multiple fatalities is Muslim, he's a radical terrorist.

All things considered, this is a real possibility. 

If he's a white supremist he's mentally ill.

Possible, but mostly he's just an [BLEEP]. 

Check.

And when the POTUS repeatedly calls the influx of immigrants from Central America an invasion, then hears a supporter yell "Shoot them" and he laughs and makes a joke of it while others laugh and applaud, he's helping the problem, right?

Nope. There is nothing remotely funny about how polarized this country is and it's coming from both sides. Check those nice folks outside McConnell's house threatening him. 

To say that the problem is one-sided is irresponsible and dangerous.
I definitely think it’s coming from both sides.

However this message board is absolutely littered with new threads each day about “the looney left”. Are there some about the right? Yes but I would say there are far more posts and threads about Dems/The Left.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That has more to do with the demographics of the board in general than any referendum on society as a whole. Both the left and the right need to do a better job of policing their own. I believe the right does a much better job as a general rule, but that's an opinion. I have no data to support that claim.

(08-07-2019, 07:39 AM)Last42min Wrote: That has more to do with the demographics of the board in general than any referendum on society as a whole. Both the left and the right need to do a better job of policing their own. I believe the right does a much better job as a general rule, but that's an opinion. I have no data to support that claim.

The "official" voices on the left are more scattered.  
The right is more organized, as right wingers place a higher priority on loyalty and order, so their official voices, overall, tend to agree with each other and seem more restrained.

But that only describes middle parts of the bell curves.  When you get out so far on the tail of the bell curves to the people willing to go on suicide shooting sprees, that distinction can't really be found.  

The basic theme in each individual story is, did the person find a friend to confide their plans in, and if so, did that friend stop them or join in?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

So, did anything happen in Chicago last week?

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 10:32 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

Drive-by mass shootings don't count as real mass shootings in the liberal playbook.

(08-07-2019, 10:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, did anything happen in Chicago last week?
Chicago? Heck, look no further than El Paso. It's the murder capital of Texas! Only matters when the narrative can be twisted for an agenda.

https://www.ktsm.com/crime/el-paso-had-m...-20-years/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 11:51 AM by Kane.)

(08-06-2019, 04:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If a shooter in an attack resulting in multiple fatalities is Muslim, he's a radical terrorist.

Check.

And when the POTUS repeatedly calls the influx of immigrants from Central America an invasion, then hears a supporter yell "Shoot them" and he laughs and makes a joke of it while others laugh and applaud, he's helping the problem, right?

OK I'll play your game.

Radical terrorists, Muslim or not, also have a mental illness.

But just because a mass shooter is white, doesn't make him a white supremist. But yes, I'd call that mental illness also.

If someone is willing to shoot up a store, concert, movie theater. Or blow it up. Or run down a group of people in a truck. Or go on a stabbing spree....  they need mental help (or remedied via death)

If someone listens to Donald J Trump on TV and decides something he said makes them want to kill people, they have mental illness, regardless of race, creed, nationality, religion, sex, or sexual preference.

But carry on trying to make crazy straw man arguments on how this is Trump and white males fault everywhere.

(08-07-2019, 07:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: To say that the problem is one-sided is irresponsible and dangerous.
I definitely think it’s coming from both sides.

However this message board is absolutely littered with new threads each day about “the looney left”. Are there some about the right? Yes but I would say there are far more posts and threads about Dems/The Left.

Most threads started are by the same few people on both sides to be real though.

There's a few righties that always post stuff that demonizes the left makes them feel validated.
And there's a few lefties that always start threads to demonize the right and make them feel validated.
And then a bunch of us jump in and argue about it for awhile about why we're right and you're wrong.

As per the number of said posts vs the other posts.... well who is starting the thread. Does that particular poster like to stir up drama more than most?

But in America, outside of message boards and social media sites... it's fairly even for vitriol on both sides.
And per liberal v conservative.... there is far more liberal media (and social media) giants than conservative ones.... so I see many more headlines (which matter more than MB threads, imo) attacking from the left.

So we are back to being all in on Trump being a racist? He is the worst racist on the planet having been solely responsible for freeing a black rapper from Sweden.

(08-07-2019, 12:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So we are back to being all in on Trump being a racist? He is the worst racist on the planet having been solely responsible for freeing a black rapper from Sweden.

Only a dedicated sycophant would think Donald is not a racist because he pretends to care about a rapper in jail in Sweden. Don't you know that he's only doing it because his Deputy Sec. of State, Kim K. and Kanye asked him too? I think he likes Kim's [BLEEP].

You still going to pretend you know nothing of Donald's career? I'd be embarrassed also.

Do you think Donald will again chuckle and make light of of a supporter's suggestion that immigrants be shot? That Donald, great sense of humor.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-07-2019, 11:47 AM)Kane Wrote:

Check.

OK I'll play your game.

But just because a mass shooter is white, doesn't make him a white supremist. But yes, I'd call that mental illness also.

If someone is willing to shoot up a store, concert, movie theater. Or blow it up. Or run down a group of people in a truck. Or go on a stabbing spree....  they need mental help (or remedied via death)

If someone listens to Donald J Trump on TV and decides something he said makes them want to kill people, they have mental illness, regardless of race, creed, nationality, religion, sex, or sexual preference.

But carry on trying to make crazy straw man arguments on how this is Trump and white males fault everywhere.
You're playing a game, I'm not. 

I didn't say the El Paso shooter was a white supremist just because he is white, nor did I say all white mass shooters are white supremists. I did not say this is Trump's or white males' fault everywhere. So you're three misrepresentations, if not outright lies, of what I posted into your game so far. I'll type slower from now on since you're struggling to keep up.

I asked one question you avoided. Is it helpful or hurtful, and responsible leadership, for the POTUS to make a joke and laugh along with a crowd when a follower yells "Shoot them!"?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-07-2019, 01:47 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 11:47 AM)Kane Wrote: OK I'll play your game.

I didn't say the El Paso shooter was a white supremist just because he is white, nor did I say all white mass shooters are white supremists. I did not say this is Trump's or white males' fault everywhere. So you're three misrepresentations, if not outright lies, of what I posted into your game so far. I'll type slower from now on since you're struggling to keep up.

I asked one question you avoided. Is it helpful or hurtful, and responsible leadership, for the POTUS to make a joke and laugh along with a crowd when a follower yells "Shoot them!"?
You tried to deny that mental health is the issue by claiming that non whites are considered terrorists and whites are always saved with the mental health excuse.
I'm saying they are not mutually exclusive. 
One could say foreign terrorist and domestic terrorist I suppose, but that doesn't scream racist like you want it to.

You are making inferences and it is silly for you to try to roll back on it now.

Here's an answer to your very loaded question. It is neither helpful nor hurtful what Trump says (or some nut in one of his crowds say). One person's reaction to such things doesn't matter either.
If you or anyone are so easily influenced, you are the problem, not the person you are listening to.

Be a leader, not a follower.

(08-07-2019, 01:08 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So we are back to being all in on Trump being a racist? He is the worst racist on the planet having been solely responsible for freeing a black rapper from Sweden.

Only a dedicated sycophant would think Donald is not a racist because he pretends to care about a rapper in jail in Sweden. Don't you know that he's only doing it because his Deputy Sec. of State, Kim K. and Kanye asked him too? I think he likes Kim's [BLEEP].

You still going to pretend you know nothing of Donald's career? I'd be embarrassed also.

Do you think Donald will again chuckle and make light of of a supporter's suggestion that immigrants be shot? That Donald, great sense of humor.
I chuckle at you and that roller characters posts all the time. Does a chuckle have to be linked to humor? No. It's a response to how amazingly militant and rediculous some points of view are. Sometimes it just isn't appropriate to call someone a [BLEEP] out loud!

(08-07-2019, 03:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 01:08 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Only a dedicated sycophant would think Donald is not a racist because he pretends to care about a rapper in jail in Sweden. Don't you know that he's only doing it because his Deputy Sec. of State, Kim K. and Kanye asked him too? I think he likes Kim's [BLEEP].

I chuckle at you and that roller characters posts all the time. Does a chuckle have to be linked to humor? No. It's a response to how amazingly militant and rediculous some points of view are. Sometimes it just isn't appropriate to call someone a [BLEEP] out loud!

Oh, so now Donald has a problem of calling someone a [BLEEP] out loud? Yeah, right. He's never had that problem before. But you're trying hard.

It appears you aspire to the level of sycophant that Stoud has achieved, but you'll never get there (he's at the Kellyanne Conway level). Donald laughed about shooting immigrants. And a White Warrior travels six hundred miles to do his bit to stop the invasion that Donald never stops talking about. But - nothing to see here. Donald has a heart as big as Texas. Thoughts and prayers.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-07-2019, 04:53 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 03:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I chuckle at you and that roller characters posts all the time. Does a chuckle have to be linked to humor? No. It's a response to how amazingly militant and rediculous some points of view are. Sometimes it just isn't appropriate to call someone a [BLEEP] out loud!

Oh, so now Donald has a problem of calling someone a [BLEEP] out loud? Yeah, right. He's never had that problem before. But you're trying hard.

It appears you aspire to the level of sycophant that Stoud has achieved, but you'll never get there (he's at the Kellyanne Conway level). Donald laughed about shooting immigrants. And a White Warrior travels six hundred miles to do his bit to stop the invasion that Donald never stops talking about. But - nothing to see here. Donald has a heart as big as Texas. Thoughts and prayers.

What kind of catchy label do you want to throw on the folks not white? You are one sad individual. LaughingYou could always take your talents to that Oslo Syndrome having Beto tool. 

[Image: mass-shooters-2019-faces.png]

(08-07-2019, 01:47 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 11:47 AM)Kane Wrote: OK I'll play your game.

It's Far Left spin (and by Far Left I mean most Mainstream media).

Just Ignore the Context Mr. CNN

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Every time I think there's no way Trump could still have ardent supporters, all I have to do is visit the political section. God help us.

(08-09-2019, 01:57 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Every time I think there's no way Trump could still have ardent supporters, all I have to do is visit the political section.  God help us.

Kind of how I feel about the mouth breathers on the left that still argue 2+2= banana! You should get out more if you think there are only Trump supporters on this message board. FYI, your Comrades don't believe God can help you or anyone else.

(08-09-2019, 01:57 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Every time I think there's no way Trump could still have ardent supporters, all I have to do is visit the political section.  God help us.

Bad news. There are 63 million of them and they are ALL racist.

We do live in a country where we're free to support who we want. With that freedom comes the freedom to make bad choices. Sadly, pretty much any choice these days is a bad one when it comes to political representatives. We are truly screwed as a country.

(08-09-2019, 05:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
We do live in a country where we're free to support who we want. With that freedom comes the freedom to make bad choices. Sadly, pretty much any choice these days is a bad one when it comes to political representatives. We are truly screwed as a country.

Record low...  oh nevermind.