Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Ravens Preseason Game Night Thread***

They been hypin that guy up all week
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t even get why there is an O-line out there. That pocket folds faster than Gabbert could ever get in the fetal position.

(08-08-2019, 09:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not understanding why Tanner Lee is still on the team looking like this. I get the offensive line is not helping him out, but why aren't they trying out a new guy and cutting Lee?

We do seem to have a few guys who are raw but 'have potential'. Going back to Shoelaces, they've never panned out.

I know it's only the first preseason game, but could it get any worse?

(08-08-2019, 09:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Thank God this is a very good QB class coming out. We're going to need to start grooming a young guy to play behind Foles. Fromm,  Costello, Tua,  Herbert. Gotta get one of those guys.

Get used to young backups. Were paying Foles $22m next year, $26m in 2020 and $27m in 2021.

It's his team.

If he takes even half the hits we’ve seen our other QBs take tonight, he’s retiring with his 25M guaranteed

(08-08-2019, 09:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was that a screen? Half the line going left, Lee rolls right.

Must not practice the play over and over again,  drill it in their heads

(08-08-2019, 09:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Thank God this is a very good QB class coming out. We're going to need to start grooming a young guy to play behind Foles. Fromm,  Costello, Tua,  Herbert. Gotta get one of those guys.

Get used to young backups. Were paying Foles $22m next year, $26m in 2020 and $27m in 2021.

It's his team.

I LOVE young backup QB's. I just wanna draft a good one to develop. You can't do that when you wait until the 6th/7th rounds. The Tom Brady's of the world are one in a million.

(08-08-2019, 09:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was that a screen? Half the line going left, Lee rolls right.

Must not practice the play over and over again,  drill it in their heads

I thought that's what OTA's, rookie camp, training camp and practice were for.

(08-08-2019, 09:54 PM)Jags239 Wrote: I don’t even get why there is an O-line out there. That pocket folds faster than Gabbert could ever get in the fetal position.

I'm tryin to laugh at that, cause it is funny... But this ain't fun

(08-08-2019, 09:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Get used to young backups. Were paying Foles $22m next year, $26m in 2020 and $27m in 2021.

It's his team.

I LOVE young backup QB's. I just wanna draft a good one to develop. You can't do that when you wait until the 6th/7th rounds. The Tom Brady's of the world are one in a million.

Oh 100% and I wonder how much a rookie QB can develop on the practice squad, especially when they are that raw and need to improve so much. 

I think sometimes it's as simple as putting the square piece in the square hole. What QB type fo you want? Big arm? Scrambler? Game manager, then draft guys who have those skills and improve the rest of their skill set.

Mr. McGoo!

(08-08-2019, 09:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not understanding why Tanner Lee is still on the team looking like this. I get the offensive line is not helping him out, but why aren't they trying out a new guy and cutting Lee?

We do seem to have a few guys who are raw but 'have potential'. Going back to Shoelaces, they've never panned out.

I'm totally fine with giving chances to guys who are raw. But Jags just hold on to them too long hoping.

All those punts. You'd think we'd be error free by now

With limited cap space, got no choice but to sign the best qb no one wants, Kaepernick as a backup. These current backup qbs belong in the cfl, xfl, arena, euro league

(08-08-2019, 10:04 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: We do seem to have a few guys who are raw but 'have potential'. Going back to Shoelaces, they've never panned out.

I'm totally fine with giving chances to guys who are raw. But Jags just hold on to them too long hoping.

Agreed, I love underdogs but after 2 seasons for example, if they haven't broken through to the 53 then how much longer do you give?

(08-08-2019, 09:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know it's only the first preseason game, but could it get any worse?

We could be turning the ball over more lol. Our RB's are getting solid gains as well. There are definitely positives, I also have a feeling that with a new QB, new OC and brand new offense. They want to show as little as possible so that there's no way to prepare for us in the early weeks of the season; this will better allow our Defense to carry us like in 2017. It's not just film of the offense, but film of individual players, specifically Foles and his favorite targets. More of a theory than anything but I think it warrants some discussion yk
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Since it is preseason, and the games don't count. Can the Jags have 5 downs instead of 4?

(08-08-2019, 10:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: With limited cap space, got no choice but to sign the best qb no one wants, Kaepernick as a backup. These current backup qbs belong in the cfl, xfl, arena,  euro league

Kaepernick? No!

(08-08-2019, 10:07 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know it's only the first preseason game, but could it get any worse?

We could be turning the ball over more lol. Our RB's are getting solid gains as well. There are definitely positives, I also have a feeling that with a new QB, new OC and brand new offense. They want to show as little as possible so that there's no way to prepare for us in the early weeks of the season; this will better allow our Defense to carry us like in 2017. It's not just film of the offense, but film of individual players, specifically Foles and his favorite targets. More of a theory than anything but I think it warrants some discussion yk

I hope that's a part of the reason. Theres a logic there, especially when you look at our early schedule and how big those games could be come December. 

Plus the health factor and just seeing what we have on the roster. Plenty of guys given themselves some hills to climb.

Unless Minshew shows the coaching staff something in the next few weeks, I would hope they find a veteran who gets cut to be the number 1 backup to Foles. Minshew wasn't terrible and the line was not helping him, but the Jaguars need to have a backup who can win the team a few games if Foles is out. I'm anxious to see what the rookie will do next week when he has a better supporting cast.