Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-15-2019, 09:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I dont know what Sexton is so excited about Monshew.  Just a another colt McCoy, chase daniels,  cody kessler.

I'd take Chase Daniels over him all day, 24/7. Kessler is a perfect comparison. Stats wise, he looks o.k. and will flash, but when it comes to getting the ball in the endzone, Minshew can't get it done.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tanner Lee won't even make the PS.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-15-2019, 09:54 PM)NH3 Wrote: Tanner Lee won't even make the PS.

NH3...

Yeah looks like he is done.

Just seen Kyler Murray went 3 for 8 for 12 yards against the Raiders and were down 17-0 after 1 Q.

I know its preseason but ouch.

even the defensive depth is horrible.
No pain, no gain.

Look at the size of #68 on the Eagles Oline.

Hes a monster.

24-10

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-15-2019, 09:57 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: even the defensive depth is horrible.

So bad against the run.

They may want to hold open tryouts before the season.
No pain, no gain.

Rafael #14 has to go

cooke is great for downing punts deep but if he could punt more than 30 yards that'd be nice.
No pain, no gain.

Doug just looks uninspired walking off the field. Maybe it's just a walk of shame I'm not sure.
No pain, no gain.

(08-15-2019, 10:07 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: cooke is great for downing punts deep but if he could punt more than 30 yards that'd be nice.

He averaged 45 yards per punt as a rookie

This one is in the books. Appears no significant injuries occurred, which is the most important thing. Holy hell our depth terrible is what stuck out to me. We will probably see some Foles next week, maybe a quarter? I hope to see more of McGough next week.

(08-15-2019, 09:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 09:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Wow... mark my words.. this whole challenge pass interference thing is going to ruin this season.

I've been trying to say this. It's such a grey area. The Saints call was a joke, but the problem wasn't having a rule, the ref swallowed his whistle.

Someone is going to get screwed big time this season with a no call/overturn.

If they keep making calls like this, it's going to be a very long season.... Even with the replay they still got it wrong... How can this possibly happen?

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...1281719297

(08-15-2019, 10:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 09:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I've been trying to say this. It's such a grey area. The Saints call was a joke, but the problem wasn't having a rule, the ref swallowed his whistle.

If they keep making calls like this, it's going to be a very long season.... Even with the replay they still got it wrong... How can this possibly happen?

It's one thing to get this call wrong once, but to get it wrong twice is totally unacceptable!

1. CB: Herndon and Meeks played well, which give us 5 CBs who will make the roster. I wasn't as impressed with Hayes as some here. Nelson had that interception and IIRC played well last week. Maybe we'll see how he does against better competition.

2. QB: Lee is no longer needed for a camp arm. He should be an easy cut if the team wants a roster slot. Minshew is probably a lock. Will the Jags keep 3 QBs? Doubtful.

3. DL: Bryan looked better than last week. Russell looked good when I watched him. Allen looks to be worth the pick. Smoot has come alive with the pressure on him.

4. LB: Still a problem. Most of those running holes were on the LBs.

5. OL: Nobody stood out on the OL. It should still be Wells and Shatley as two of the backups.

6. WR: Cole appears to have solidified his roster slot. McBride looked good for a 2nd week.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-15-2019, 10:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 09:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I've been trying to say this. It's such a grey area. The Saints call was a joke, but the problem wasn't having a rule, the ref swallowed his whistle.

How can that be OPI?! I mean How?!

That's almost exactly like the Roby-Coleman call that started this whole mess.

I guess I'm a bit more optimistic than some of you folks. Very few (if any) NFL teams have quality depth at numerous positions. I would say with the emergence of Richardson and Jawan Taylor, our OL has more talent (and depth) than the line of 2017. I think some of you are being way too hard on Minshew. He's playing without starters, but what I've seen of him so far, I like. He's got a quick release and reads the field well, something we haven't seen around here. Someone compared him to Kessler because he wasn't able to score -- that's ridiculous.

Josh Allen is going to be a stud, and we're going to have probably our best DL in franchise history. The starting talent on this defense is incredible. Along with Allen, I think Harrison is going to be a stud. And I'm eager to see Quincy Williams get in some licks.

This is the first time that I can remember that we've gone two games into the preseason without playing any of our starters. Will that hurt us when the regular season starts? I don't know.

(08-15-2019, 10:33 PM)#1calijagfan Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If they keep making calls like this, it's going to be a very long season.... Even with the replay they still got it wrong... How can this possibly happen?

It's one thing to get this call wrong once, but to get it wrong twice is totally unacceptable!
Calvin Johnson Jr. in his prime would have seen a lot of offensive P.I's if that's offensive P.I.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."