Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-15-2019, 11:46 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:45 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I guess I'm a bit more optimistic than some of you folks.  Very few (if any) NFL teams have quality depth at numerous positions. I would say with the emergence of Richardson and Jawan Taylor, our OL has more talent (and depth) than the line of 2017. I think some of you are being way too hard on Minshew.  He's playing without starters, but what I've seen of him so far, I like. He's got a quick release and reads the field well, something we haven't seen around here. Someone compared him to Kessler because he wasn't able to score -- that's ridiculous.

Josh Allen is going to be a stud, and we're going to have probably our best DL in franchise history. The starting talent on this defense is incredible. Along with Allen, I think Harrison is going to be a stud. And I'm eager to see Quincy Williams get in some licks.

This is the first time that I can remember that we've gone two games into the preseason without playing any of our starters. Will that hurt us when the regular season starts? I don't know.

It's not ridiculous. It's true. Minshew will look good for 2 or 3 plays and then go on a complete dry spell and the drive "peters out." That's exactly what Kessler did. I judge QB's on how well they can consistently drive the ball downfield and score. So far, Minshew has not shown me he can do that. I don't care how good he looks for 2 or 3 plays, he needs to be consistent. He's playing against backups now, wait until "big boy" football starts. It's gonna get way harder. If he can't get the ball in the endzone in the preseason, then God help us if Foles gets injured.

Minshew has played 6 quarters of any kind of NFL football. Cody Kessler was on his 2nd team, 3rd NFL season, and had already started 8 games before he ever played a game for the Jags. 

You can pick apart nearly every quarterback who ever played in their first 2 preseason rookie games, even greats such as Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread*** - by rpr52121 - 08-15-2019, 11:56 PM