Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 01:01 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-16-2019, 11:52 AM)uthill Wrote: So far it looks like Taven well was well over drafted.

Where do you get that idea from? He was actually selected right about where most of the highly recognized mockdraft analysts or websites had him to go. Walterfootball had him ranked 3rd overall at DT. As did Scott Wright on NFL Draftcountdown. He was slotted to be a late RD1 or early to mid RD2 pick. None of the analysts and talking heads were surprised when his name came up there that night. We were. Because we all expected them to lean towards offense which is what they probably should  have done given the success of Hernandez at G and Michel at RB last year as rookies. 

But hindsight is 20/20 and those guys get paid to make those decisions for a living. Not us. 

Fans on here act like we drafted him with the 10th overall pick when Jason Pierre-Paul was on the board and we favored Tyson Alualu there instead. While I'll agree that most of us (including myself) are hesitant regarding ANY Gator players being drafted by this team. He wasn't a reach. This isn't Derrick Harvey we're talking about here. 

This was a decision based on his potential growth and the fact that they felt they were going to be a play-off team again in 2018. Which would have granted them a year or two to bring him along slowly behind Campbell, Jackson and Dareus. Since they didn't hit a home run early with him he'll still have another year or two to get it together before we see Dareus' or Campbell's departure.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread*** - by Caldrac - 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM