Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 01:39 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-16-2019, 01:05 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 12:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You can always develop strength and therefore become more physical as an athlete. I do agree though that he seems to lack the natural size and anchor ability to hold it down as a 1-tech. But if he ends up developing into a solid 3-tech? Great.

Strength and athleticism are supposed to be Bryan's strengths though, so it is a bit concerning that he's getting pushed around at times.  Maybe he should take ballet to improve his balance.

There's a lot of contributing factors. A lot of it circles back to him being extremely raw and limited since his college days. You can be the biggest, you can be the fastest or the strongest. It all means nothing if you don't have the techniques and intelligence to make it all work. 

And all of that will only come as he practices, plays and hopefully stays healthy enough for it all to "click". He could end up being a late bloomer. Just depends on how he continues to approach the game and develops week in and week out. I'll remain optimistic about him for now. It's year two. Not sure how long his contract is with us but he could very well start to "click" in 2020 instead of this year in 2019.

(08-16-2019, 01:24 PM)rfc17 Wrote: He isn't Dareus.  He isn't going to hold up a double team by himself.  Of course don't want to see him completely trucked either.  On that play it looked like everyone on the Dline popped straight up for some reason.  Maybe they were trying to hold the line and not rush the passer but nobody got low.  When the Eagles lineman came straight down field run blocking all the way, they had all the leverage.  Almost everyone got bulldozed except the guy on the end coming free who couldnt avoid the WR cutting low.

It was a very poor play overall for the defense. It does start in the trenches. They all got pretty much hammered on that one. The LE took a low block below the knees though and whomever was supposed to be staying put at LOLB completely flowed to the right and allowed that backdoor to swing wide open for the RB to rush through. 

That's just poor execution and lack of experience showing during week two of the preseason. Bryan has the ability to bulldoze back on his opponent in front of him. I think he'll be a bit better down the stretch in 2019. I just wouldn't expect a whole lot of sacks or QB hurries from him this year. He's still got a lot of work to do with his technique and anticipation off the block.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread*** - by Caldrac - 08-16-2019, 01:35 PM