Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 04:00 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-16-2019, 03:45 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 02:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Darius Leonard, Mike Gesicki, Connor Williams...

Pretty decent amount of directions we could have gone there.

If the Jags drafted another 1st round RB, they would have been flamed by everyone on this board. Plus Michel and Chubb have shown flashes, but Michel is already looking injury prone and Chubb has not shown to be a generational back yet. Neither would have done anything behind the injury offensive line last year.

Goedert, Sutton, Gesicki all showed a few flashes, but all are still huge question marks this year. Goedert is also hurt right now. Gesicki has had a poor camp this year. None would have shown much last year with Bortles.

Leonard was a huge reach at the time of the Draft. Yes in hindsight, he was a great pick, but very few could have predicted that.

I'm not sure how good Williams was last year.

That leaves Hernandez as the only direction that seemed "obvious" choice last year. But how many really thought he would be that good as a guard. Plus it's only 1 season.

Drafting is always about valuing risk/reward. Bryan probably had a larger variance, but I can totally understand why they opted for that chance over a "safer option".

I haven't given up on Bryan. The question asked was who else on the board was left at that time that could have been selected? 

I provided plenty examples. Michel or Chubb would have been viable options there for two reasons. 

1. Fournette couldn't stay healthy last year and has a history of it. 
2. He showed behavior issues as a rookie and during his 2nd year on the field last year to the point to where Coughlin and Marrone had to sit down with him this off season about all of that.

Goedert is behind Ertz in Philadelphia. He flashed late last year for them. His volumes were limited. His volumes here? May have been a different story. Gesicki having a bad camp with the Dolphins is probably due to a new coaching staff and Josh Rosen's sorry [BLEEP] now being there. By all accounts he's been pretty horrible. Your receivers can only go as far as your QB allows them. 

Not familiar with how Williams shaked out as well. But he was still relatively being highly touted throughout the entire draft process and on opening night. We had a need at WR. Sutton could have potentially helped with that. I don't agree nor disagree with their decision making regarding Bryan last year during the draft. He may very well turnout to be a great player over the course of this season and/or next season. 

As could many of the players listed above. Time will tell...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread*** - by Caldrac - 08-16-2019, 03:56 PM