Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 04:49 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-16-2019, 04:35 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: You don't draft another RB in the first round the year after you draft one top 4. That's asinine. An OL I guess would have been more appropriate, but that's it.

By that logic we shouldn't have drafted Josh Allen then after drafting Taven Bryan the year before. I think you can make a case for drafting a RB there. We DID rely on the ground game a lot in 2017. When we finished up 2018 we had Fournette oft injured, Grant on IR with a foot injury and Yeldon hitting free agency. Then we ended up trading for Carlos Hyde and cutting him or trading him away shortly after this previous season had ended. RB left a lot to be desired in 2018. It remains to be seen for 2019. Hopefully Armstead pans out. 

Fournette though has yet to show that he can physically hold up for the long term. It was one of the main concerns most scouts had on him when he left LSU. Having a capable spell back to really compliment Fournette would have been ideal on an offense where your QB is clearly inconsistent. It worked for the Saints between Ingram/Kamara. It worked in the past for us with Taylor/Jones-Drew. The Panthers were using Stewart/McCaffrey during his rookie year and they managed 11 wins. 

It depends on how you want to look at it. If Fournette fails to get it done this year on the stat sheet. He could be on the way out already by 2020. Or they'll at least be targeting his replacement in 2020. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Jaguars Vs. Eagles Preseason Game Night Thread*** - by Caldrac - 08-16-2019, 04:48 PM