Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorable and Not So Favorable Items for the Jags

(08-21-2019, 02:39 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Worst post I’ve ever read in the history of this forum. And that’s saying something

TMD existed back then, I think we forget just how horrid most of his takes were now that some time has passed.

That said, there is no rational logic or cognition in anything that OP said. Normally i'd say it's a troll but i've seen Omaha on the boards here for years .. Occums Razor suggests that he's just plain stupid.

Lol THe Mad Dog. I remember that clown. Back in those days I was posting under a different account which I shall not name

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019, 12:43 PM by americus 2.0.)

(08-20-2019, 05:16 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 05:13 PM)Brett Wrote: Wow...I don't even know where to begin. If you aren't joking, I'm kinda concerned on your knowledge base.

Foles isn't playing because Marone is taking a different approach to preseason this year by holding a number of players out due to injuries last year...so Foles is one of those being held out. Has nothing to do with his performance. Seriously? I still feel like I'm being trolled here and I fell for it. You can't be serious?

I'm concerned about your knowledge base and heck no I'm not joking. Are you joking or just clueless? Why would Marrone hold out someone who is going to be our starting QB? In case you haven't heard the cliche before, "practice makes perfect" and you can't get perfect by sitting on the sidelines. Your theory, and that is what it is, a a theory is absolutely absurd.

Did you not watch the previous preseason games? How many starters played in those games? And I mean top shelf starters? Not many to include Foles. It has nothing to do with anything other than what has already been said. After last year's injury debacle I'm sure there is a method to Marrone's madness. Just calm down and appreciate the fact that it's finally football season.

(08-22-2019, 09:36 AM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 02:39 PM)Firesky Wrote: TMD existed back then, I think we forget just how horrid most of his takes were now that some time has passed.

That said, there is no rational logic or cognition in anything that OP said. Normally i'd say it's a troll but i've seen Omaha on the boards here for years .. Occums Razor suggests that he's just plain stupid.

I was able to show this post to my step son on the way to school this morning. We talked about how name calling is hurtful. For some reason everyone on this board calls me OP (must be an inside joke between some buddies) and not this guy calls me plain stupid. 

I'll tell you what is stupid....benching your starting quarterback for the first two games of the preseason!

Dude, that means Original Poster. As in you started this post/thread. Unless there really is an inside joke I'm not privy to.  Ninja

(08-21-2019, 02:39 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Worst post I’ve ever read in the history of this forum. And that’s saying something

TMD existed back then, I think we forget just how horrid most of his takes were now that some time has passed.

Occam’s razor (notice the spelling?) tells me that Omaha’s posts are like an IQ test and you have failed the test.

Buuuuwwwaaaaa!!! Some of you are all like...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b66b4ba4f221d92369...=giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I’ve learned to appreciate these posts. I too was the guy that got wooshed before.

Omaha tells his friends as he shakes his head, “I write these nonsensical posts and now those maroons in Jacksonville think I’m a genius.”

(08-22-2019, 03:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Omaha tells his friends as he shakes his head, “I write these nonsensical posts and now those maroons in Jacksonville think I’m a genius.”

We are part of the sample population that will later be revealed in the upcoming dystopian movie, Clockwork Teal

(08-22-2019, 03:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 03:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Omaha tells his friends as he shakes his head, “I write these nonsensical posts and now those maroons in Jacksonville think I’m a genius.”

We are part of the sample population that will later be revealed in the upcoming dystopian movie, Clockwork Teal

How you can keep 65k people giving you season ticket money and $8 beers while being a perennial punching bag. It's gotta be some kind of movie or experiment.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-22-2019, 03:48 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: How you can keep 65k people giving you season ticket money and $8 beers while being a perennial punching bag. It's gotta be some kind of movie or experiment.

$8 dollars? I see you ain't been to a game in awhile. Try $10 for a 16 ounce aluminum can in the stands.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-22-2019, 03:48 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 03:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We are part of the sample population that will later be revealed in the upcoming dystopian movie, Clockwork Teal

How you can keep 65k people giving you season ticket money and $8 beers while being a perennial punching bag. It's gotta be some kind of movie or experiment.

At what point does disappointment beat hope.

Still keep coming back! I love this fanbase, only a real fan sticks with a team like the Jags. Remember how busy it got playoffs time?! They've long gone!

You guys never fail to make me laugh and I love the fact this is the most active thread we've had in weeks!

(08-22-2019, 05:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: ... I love the fact this is the most active thread we've had in weeks!

It was as if, when all hope was lost, and there was no saving our main board, Omaha took matters into his own husking hands.

(08-20-2019, 05:05 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: We are just weeks away from the start of what undoubtedly will be the most important season in the history of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Unfortunately, once again it has been two steps forward and one step backward, so we can never get ahead. I'd like to think somewhere between 12-4 and 15-1 is our range for the regular season, but there are a number of items the Jags must muddle through in order to reach the dominance of 2017-18.

The Favorable:

1) The Jags caught a major break last week when the Chiefs preseason game was delayed due to weather. A 6:30 start was pushed to 7:30, and the Chiefs lost one hour of preparation time for their opener against us. As we all know, the NFL is not only a game of inches, but also a game of seconds and routines and for once mother nature was on our side. If the opener comes down to the last few seconds or the Jags utilize a rarely used formation in the preseason that now the Chiefs don't recognize, we could have a huge, huge advantage. Starting 1-0 in the NFL is huge and I truly believe that lack of preparation, the extreme heat, and a raucous opening day Jaguar crowd will doom the Chiefs. 

The Non Favorable

1) I'm not sure what Nick Foles needs to do to get of out of Marrone's doghouse, but he sure better figure it out quick. While I understand that we have an established culture in Jacksonville and it's Foles job to fit in or get out, I just don't think Minshew is the answer. Marrone has made it pretty clear it's his way or the highway, and I'm wondering at this point if Foles, after all of his fanfare, makes it to week one of the regular season. This is highly, highly concerning. Marrone is simply not going to play those whose attitudes don't fit in and I for one am appreciative of his hard line stance this preseason. I don't recall any attitude issues that Foles had in Philadelphia, but perhaps they are a franchise that cuts corners and looks the other way.

2) Schedule....Once again, Goodell is clearly screwing us. One week on a Sunday at 12, the next week on a Thursday, then a Sunday off followed by a Sunday at 3:25. Then, after we finally play a few 12:00 games in a  row,  then it's hi ho, hi ho, its off to London we go to play at get this.....8:30 in the morning!!!! Then, after London, it's a mixture of 12:00 games and 3:05 games. How are we ever supposed to get in a routine????  It's bad enough the Jags have to play 11 on 18 each week, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if it's now 11 on 19....11 players + 7 referees + Goodell = 19. 

3) Goodell. See point 2. Last year, when we were about to go on a run, he took us off a prime time game and moved us to the 12:00 slot. We just cannot get ahead with this guy. I am just hoping he doesn't call off week one because of the heat, or even worse, make us play the Chiefs at a neutral cooler, site. I see that New England has a night game in week one so it would not shock me if Goodell proposed moving the Jags-Chiefs game to cooler New England at like 11am...ORRRRRR, imagine Goodell moves the game back one hour to compensate for the hour the Chiefs lost to allow them time to catch up. It's just ridiculous we have to go through this or have these thoughts go through our heads.

We have a lot to clean up here in the next few weeks. I am not overly optimistic going into what will be a critical pre season Ponce De Leon Cup game this Thursday night vs. the hated Dolphins.

You complete me Omaha

(08-20-2019, 05:37 PM)Brett Wrote: Ok so seems like it's a satire account like I figured. Now I know for future reference!

Brett your face is a satire account.  Boom!

(08-20-2019, 05:09 PM)Brett Wrote: How is Foles in Marrone's doghouse? And you think Foles might not win the starting job?

Are you a troll?

I've been told by my many people including someone who knows the people that run this site that Brett is a huge Dolphins fan and is just trolling all of us.  How do we get Brett banned?

(08-22-2019, 04:39 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 03:48 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: How you can keep 65k people giving you season ticket money and $8 beers while being a perennial punching bag. It's gotta be some kind of movie or experiment.

$8 dollars? I see you ain't been to a game in awhile. Try $10 for a 16 ounce aluminum can in the stands.

$12 for a "premium" tallboy

(08-20-2019, 05:09 PM)Brett Wrote: How is Foles in Marrone's doghouse? And you think Foles might not win the starting job?

Are you a troll?

"Brett" this kind of harassment will not be tolerated on this board!!!!

Are you a troll?

Asking a real Jags fan if they are a troll is beyond breaking the rules of this board.  Disagree fine.  Accusing someone of being a troll right before the season starts is a crime!!  A crime!!!!