Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles and Westbrook Chemistry

Went back and caught some of the highlights of last night's game. Seems like NF has a lot of confidence in Dede. Besides almost getting him decapitated, all of their plays together seemed pretty well timed and in rhythm. What do you guys think of this connection? Will Dede be #7's go to guy? Or will someone else like Lee or Conley emerge as the go to guy?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2019, 09:45 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Went back and caught some of the highlights of last night's game. Seems like NF has a lot of confidence in Dede. Besides almost getting him decapitated, all of their plays together seemed pretty well timed and in rhythm. What do you guys think of this connection? Will Dede be #7's go to guy? Or will someone else like Lee or Conley emerge as the go to guy?

I think he'll be his guy for the year. But at some point he'll have to mix it up to avoid defenders teeing off on him like they did last night. Westbrook is tough as nails. That's not the first time he's been clobbered over the middle and popped up like nothing happened. 

I think we'll see more of those 50/50 balls for Conley and Chark this year because of the height advantage. But Westbrook and Lee will probably be the focal points in the receiving game for Foles. Excited to see Oliver out there at some point now with O'Shaughnessy too in twin-TE sets. 

I already like some of the formations and plays they were running last night. It was just a small sample but this offense looks poised to be at least above average this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I like the connection between the two but Foles started forcing the ball to him and costed him an INT and Dede to almost lose his head. It would be good if Dede emerges as #1 threat! That leaves Conley and Chark alone on the island, not to mention we'll stop seeing 9-10 man boxes and let LF run wild.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-23-2019, 09:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 09:45 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Went back and caught some of the highlights of last night's game. Seems like NF has a lot of confidence in Dede. Besides almost getting him decapitated, all of their plays together seemed pretty well timed and in rhythm. What do you guys think of this connection? Will Dede be #7's go to guy? Or will someone else like Lee or Conley emerge as the go to guy?

I think he'll be his guy for the year. But at some point he'll have to mix it up to avoid defenders teeing off on him like they did last night. Westbrook is tough as nails. That's not the first time he's been clobbered over the middle and popped up like nothing happened. 

I think we'll see more of those 50/50 balls for Conley and Chark this year because of the height advantage. But Westbrook and Lee will probably be the focal points in the receiving game for Foles. Excited to see Oliver out there at some point now with O'Shaughnessy too in twin-TE sets. 

I already like some of the formations and plays they were running last night. It was just a small sample but this offense looks poised to be at least above average this year.

I personally think Dede needs to put on about 10-15 lbs. I understand that weight compromises speed, and speed is his main strength. But he gets absolutely destroyed by defenders. I think his route running is still a little raw but will still be good enough if he added some pounds. Who knows though. I'm no expert.

I get everybody being impressed with Dede and the apparent connection with Foles.
But, didn't we already see this coming? Westbrook was clearly poised to break out this year and all the beat reporters have harped on Westbrook and Foles looking good in practice for weeks on end now.

I'd caution those making assumptions about this being the only thing going on in the passing game. (and there were lots of them in the game thread and others) Someone said "Westbrook is clearly Foles security blanket." WHAT??
Foles has thrown 10 passes as a Jaguar. Let's not pretend to have any trends figured out from that.

(08-23-2019, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Foles has thrown 10 passes as a Jaguar. Let's not pretend to have any trends figured out from that.

Especially since one of the passes was intercepted and another almost put Dede on IR.

We don't know what he was asked to do. And what receivers were running what routes.

But what we did see is a much faster release and much on point accurate spirals.

We failed Foles by not getting him an established TE that can catch as well as obtaining a quick RB out of the backfield that can catch; both of which were key ingredients in Philly's super bowl run.

Armstead looks pretty sad at RB; looks slow with no cutting ability. Thought we should have acquired someone to mirror Corey Grants change of pace abilities.

I'm hoping they keep the good connection going, that's why I was happy grabbing Westbrook in my draft yesterday.