Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Luck retiring!!!!

I've always liked Andrew Luck. I hate the colts, but I've always liked Luck.

I kiiiinda feel bad for colts fans, but at the same time, I don't. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to know, what QBs are coming out of the college ranks this year?

I've got a feeling Indianapolis is gonna be tanking for a QB....again. It's in in their nature.

That said, I wish nothing but the best for Andrew Luck. I can't imagine it was an easy decision for him to make. Or maybe it was.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 07:18 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-24-2019, 10:28 PM)nate Wrote: Those fans and organization absolutely deserve it.  They were so happy to suck for him to begin with.

Agreed completely!

I'm thinking back to that trade down last year from 3 to 6 that netted them Q. Nelson and Darius Leonard.

Had they known then Luck would retire now, would they have pulled off that trade?  Would they have drafted Sam Darnold instead?  How would this year's draft have changed?

(08-25-2019, 07:02 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's looking like another good QB draft next year, let's see if the colts play the suck for x game again.

As good as their last two drafts have been, I don't think they could credibly pull that off if they are healthy.

They have lots of draft picks next year due to trades down, but they will likely need to use it to be in position to take one of the top QBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-25-2019, 07:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 10:28 PM)nate Wrote: Those fans and organization absolutely deserve it.  They were so happy to suck for him to begin with.

Agreed completely!

I'm thinking back to that trade down last year from 3 to 6 that netted them Q. Nelson and Darius Leonard.

Had they known then Luck would retire now, would they have pulled off that trade?  Would they have drafted Sam Darnold instead?  How would this year's draft have changed?

(08-25-2019, 07:02 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's looking like another good QB draft next year, let's see if the colts play the suck for x game again.

As good as their last two drafts have been, I don't think they could credibly pull that off if they are healthy.

They have lots of draft picks next year due to trades down, but they will likely need to use it to be in position to take one of the top QBs.

They couldn't credibly pull it off in 2012 either. Management can make it happen when it wants to. If we get to week 10 with them o'fer, they're doing it. That would be loses against the raiders and the dolphins. Heck even getting there with one or two wins probably still means a top two or three pick.

The worst part is we lose the Captain Luck Twitter journal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Colts will still be a good team, Jacoby Brissette is decent and HC Frank Reich did a good job with them last year. I don't see them tanking to a 1-15 range record. Too much talent overall and Reich appears to have enough integrity to overcome Irsay's lack of it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

WOW! Was not expecting to see this when I logged on. Also wasn’t expecting it to be true. Good for us though. The schedule just got 2 games easier.

(08-24-2019, 10:29 PM)nate Wrote: Also, tell me if I'm wrong:

Career Playoff Wins:

Bortles:  2

Luck:  2

I think he has 3 but I could be wrong

(08-25-2019, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The worst part is we lose the Captain Luck Twitter journal.

That DOES indeed suck. That twitter cracked me up every time

(08-25-2019, 08:01 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 10:29 PM)nate Wrote: Also, tell me if I'm wrong:

Career Playoff Wins:

Bortles:  2

Luck:  2

I think he has 3 but I could be wrong

He had 4 wins in the playoffs (4-4).

(08-25-2019, 06:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While Luck's retirement is a huge development, it may not be all candy and sunshine for us.

We already matched up well with the Colts even with Luck.  Now that he's gone, it will likely even be a bigger matchup edge-with one small caveat.  If we have a defensive weakness, it's stopping the run.  If they rely more on the running game, to the extent they can run the ball, they may be tougher for us to beat.

But the bigger concern is the impact Luck's retirement has on our divisional rivals.

In his entire career, Andrew Luck is 8-4 against Houston, and a whopping 12-0 against Tennessee.  The only wins Tennessee got against Indy since 2012 were in 2017-the year Luck missed.

We could reliably count on the Colts handing the tacks 2 losses a year, and more often than not, the Texans too.

The problem is, as well as we match up with the Colts, we have had problems with Houston and Tennessee.

If we don't take care of business against Houston and Tennessee, we will need help- help we could use from a Luck led Colts team that we likely won't get without Luck.
I hear what you’re saying, but if we need to rely on another team to soften up divisional opponents records, then that’s admitting your soft yourselves. I like the fact we matchup with the clots with or without Luck, but I would rather crush the other 2 teams on our own merit.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(08-25-2019, 08:57 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 06:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While Luck's retirement is a huge development, it may not be all candy and sunshine for us.

We already matched up well with the Colts even with Luck.  Now that he's gone, it will likely even be a bigger matchup edge-with one small caveat.  If we have a defensive weakness, it's stopping the run.  If they rely more on the running game, to the extent they can run the ball, they may be tougher for us to beat.

But the bigger concern is the impact Luck's retirement has on our divisional rivals.

In his entire career, Andrew Luck is 8-4 against Houston, and a whopping 12-0 against Tennessee.  The only wins Tennessee got against Indy since 2012 were in 2017-the year Luck missed.

We could reliably count on the Colts handing the tacks 2 losses a year, and more often than not, the Texans too.

The problem is, as well as we match up with the Colts, we have had problems with Houston and Tennessee.

If we don't take care of business against Houston and Tennessee, we will need help- help we could use from a Luck led Colts team that we likely won't get without Luck.
I hear what you’re saying, but if we need to rely on another team to soften up divisional opponents records, then that’s admitting your soft yourselves. I like the fact we matchup with the clots with or without Luck, but I would rather crush the other 2 teams on our own merit.

A great team would have no trouble dominating this division. Unfortunately the jaguars haven't been great for a long time. Having the colts keep the rest of the division down while we beat them was a good thing. Hopefully this year the team finally decides to tackle Henry and put a good hit on Hopkins.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 12:43 PM by Rockman1966.)

They have the worst owner, and the worst fans in the league, booing Manning in his prime and Luck as well.
They ABSOLUTELY DESERVE THIS as they tanked to begin with to get him.

A slightly different take.  My disdain, no its hate, for Indy dates back to 3/29/84. The day my beloved Colts left Baltimore in the dead of night, in a snow storm.   

The Irsay family are the worst people.  Bob Irsay made his money by stealing customers from the family HVAC business.  He was a drunk (check You Tube videos).  The worst was his claim that he was a decorated Marine; he was never in the USMC.   

It kills me to see those horseshoes on the their helmets.  Personally, in thought they should have left the name, colors, and trophies.  Like the Browns did.  Become the Indianapolis 500s or Speed Racers.  

Interesting fact, whenever Indianapolis plays in Baltimore the name Colts is not used by the stadium announcer and the team is listed on the scoreboard as INDY, not Colts.  

They tanked for Luck.  They'll tank for Tua.  It's in their DNA.

Just looking over his career statistics. And the injuries. He really was a hell of a QB. Surronded by weak talent. Asked to fill the shoes of Peyton Manning.

Tough break for him. He was comeback player of the year. And rightfully so. Interested to see what he does now. He'll be 30 next month.

I know his did Oliver is the commisoner for the XFL. Maybe he looks into coaching? Or an analyst job?

Either way. Wish him nothing but the best. He was fun to watch over the years. But it's amazing to see younger players calling it quits earlier than expected. This probably the biggest shock since Patrick Willis retired.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They wont tank until next year..Lawrence is probably the best prospect to come out since Elway, even better than Luck..

& that will be our luck
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 10:27 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-25-2019, 08:57 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

I agree completely with you in principle.  We need to be team enough to beat the other teams in our division to win it.

But sometimes, football matchups don't always neatly favor one team,  Sometimes, teams have another team's number.

The Colts with Luck definitely had the tacks number.  Lately, the tacks have had ours.

If we manage splits with Tennessee and Houston, how we all fare against Indy makes a huge difference.

No Jaguar fan old enough to remember the 1996 team would ever call that team soft.  However, that team needed a ton of help to get into the playoffs.  Yes, the team had to do its own part down the stretch, winning the last five games.  But other teams around the conference had to lose enough to get us into that final wild card spot.

Sometimes teams need help...and that also counts inside the division.

If it ultimately gets us into the playoffs, leading to a Super Bowl, who cares if people call us soft because we benefit from our divisional opponents taking a game or two on the chin from an unexpected spot?

(08-25-2019, 09:01 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 08:57 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: I hear what you’re saying, but if we need to rely on another team to soften up divisional opponents records, then that’s admitting your soft yourselves. I like the fact we matchup with the clots with or without Luck, but I would rather crush the other 2 teams on our own merit.

A great team would have no trouble dominating this division. Unfortunately the jaguars haven't been great for a long time. Having the colts keep the rest of the division down while we beat them was a good thing. Hopefully this year the team finally decides to tackle Henry and put a good hit on Hopkins.

And please, please, please manage to block J.J. Watt.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 10:36 AM by Bullseye.)

By the way, I love this post from the Colts message board...

Quote:He really screwed us with this. We could have signed Foles, a dude that's actually won a Super Bowl under our coach. Instead we have nothing, and our division rival has him. I'm just devastated as a fan.
(emphasis added)

Laughing

https://forums.colts.com/topic/62828-bre...nt=1899774

(08-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
And please, please, please manage to block J.J. Watt
Watt isn't really the concern for me. As long as Foles doesn't make boneheaded decisions like he did Thursday and the offensive line isn't decimated with injuries the jaguars should be able to beat them like in 2017.
When the jaguars played them last season we were already destroyed by injuries. Just play a strong defensive game and take advantage of opportunities when they arise and sweeping the texans should be the expectation.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 10:54 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

(08-25-2019, 09:22 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: They have the worst owner, and the worst fans in the league, booing Manning in his prime and Luck as well.
They ABSOLUTELY DESERVE THIS as they tanked to begin with to get him.

A slightly different take.  My disdain, no its hate, for Indy dates back to 3/29/84. The day my beloved Colts left Baltimore in the dead of night, in a snow storm.   

The Irsay family are the worst people.  Bob Irsay made his money by stealing customers from the family HVAC business.  He was a drunk (check You Tube videos).  The worst was his claim that he was a decorated Marine; he was never in the USMC.   

It kills me to see those horseshoes on the their helmets.  Personally, in thought they should have left the name, colors, and trophies.  Like the Browns did.  Become the Indianapolis 500s or Speed Racers.  

Interesting fact, whenever Indianapolis plays in Baltimore the name Colts is not used by the stadium announcer and the team is listed on the scoreboard.  Just INDY, not Colts.  

They tanked for Luck.  They'll tank for Tua.  It's in their DNA.

I remember you telling me this story in person when my wife and I had season tickets years ago. I know that you will go to your grave with a burning hatred for them.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(08-25-2019, 10:38 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
And please, please, please manage to block J.J. Watt
Watt isn't really the concern for me. As long as Foles doesn't make boneheaded decisions like he did Thursday and the offensive line isn't decimated with injuries the jaguars should be able to beat them like in 2017.
When the jaguars played them last season we were already destroyed by injuries. Just play a strong defensive game and take advantage of opportunities when they arise and sweeping the texans should be the expectation.

Foles has always been careful with the ball throughout his career.

To me, the only way he's forced into a turnover against the Texans is if he's pressured.

Pressure means J.J. Watt , Clowney and Mercilus.

Their secondary doesn't concern me much, though Colvin and Gipson are clearly good.  I still see their secondary is vulnerable.

(08-25-2019, 07:40 AM)PF* Wrote: The Colts will still be a good team, Jacoby Brissette is decent and HC Frank Reich did a good job with them last year. I don't see them tanking to a 1-15 range record. Too much talent overall and Reich appears to have enough integrity to overcome Irsay's lack of it.

I agree with this take. 

Also, in a comedic note:

https://twitter.com/captandrewluck/statu...01280?s=21