Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Luck retiring!!!!

(08-25-2019, 10:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 10:38 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Watt isn't really the concern for me. As long as Foles doesn't make boneheaded decisions like he did Thursday and the offensive line isn't decimated with injuries the jaguars should be able to beat them like in 2017.
When the jaguars played them last season we were already destroyed by injuries. Just play a strong defensive game and take advantage of opportunities when they arise and sweeping the texans should be the expectation.

Foles has always been careful with the ball throughout his career.

To me, the only way he's forced into a turnover against the Texans is if he's pressured.

Pressure means J.J. Watt , Clowney and Mercilus.

Their secondary doesn't concern me much, though Colvin and Gipson are clearly good.  I still see their secondary is vulnerable.

Clowney won't show up until week 11, and probably will only be interested in getting to free agency when he does. If our line is healthy and Fournette runs decently the texans are a lot like the jaguars, not as good against the run as they are at rushing the passer, and I don't believe their defensive backfield is as good as ours. A healthy Jaguars team should win if Foles is decent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2019, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The worst part is we lose the Captain Luck Twitter journal.

I know, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

DUUVVAAAALL!!!

He wanted no part of Allen!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-25-2019, 11:00 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 10:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Foles has always been careful with the ball throughout his career.

To me, the only way he's forced into a turnover against the Texans is if he's pressured.

Pressure means J.J. Watt , Clowney and Mercilus.

Their secondary doesn't concern me much, though Colvin and Gipson are clearly good.  I still see their secondary is vulnerable.

Clowney won't show up until week 11, and probably will only be interested in getting to free agency when he does. If our line is healthy and Fournette runs decently the texans are a lot like the jaguars, not as good against the run as they are at rushing the passer, and I don't believe their defensive backfield is as good as ours. A healthy Jaguars team should win if Foles is decent.

I hope you are right about Clowney.

They will be easier to block if he is not there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Lamar Miller is out for Houston and the Colts were the favorites to win this division but without Luck they're back to Brissett form? I think we are the front runners for the division if we stay healthy.
No pain, no gain.

(08-25-2019, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 07:40 AM)PF* Wrote: The Colts will still be a good team, Jacoby Brissette is decent and HC Frank Reich did a good job with them last year. I don't see them tanking to a 1-15 range record. Too much talent overall and Reich appears to have enough integrity to overcome Irsay's lack of it.

I agree with this take. 

Also, in a comedic note:

https://twitter.com/captandrewluck/statu...01280?s=21

Yeah, i'm gonna miss the captain....

Jacksonville Jaguars: Praying for other divisional stars to get injured or retire for a better chance at success since the year 2000.

(08-25-2019, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars: Praying for other divisional stars to get injured or retire for a better chance at success since the year 2000.

DUDE!!

You're the guy that has been panning Luck since he got in the league! Before your new idiotic avatar, you used to post Luck's battle with male pattern baldness! This should be your victory lap, and you choose to beat up our fans instead. WTH!!??!

(08-25-2019, 01:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 11:00 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Clowney won't show up until week 11, and probably will only be interested in getting to free agency when he does. If our line is healthy and Fournette runs decently the texans are a lot like the jaguars, not as good against the run as they are at rushing the passer, and I don't believe their defensive backfield is as good as ours. A healthy Jaguars team should win if Foles is decent.

I hope you are right about Clowney.

They will be easier to block if he is not there.

He's definitely not showing up until he has to, and the rules say he can wait until after the 10th week to sign it and play the rest of the season to credit himself as having taken the tag. Of course he could show up week one or sit the whole season. It's possible he shows up week one, my guess is he shows up week 10 so if they try to tag him again the price will go up 20%, which is a big bill to take on.

(08-25-2019, 01:59 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jacksonville Jaguars: Praying for other divisional stars to get injured or retire for a better chance at success since the year 2000.

DUDE!!

You're the guy that has been panning Luck since he got in the league!  Before your new idiotic avatar, you used to post Luck's battle with male pattern baldness!  This should be your victory lap, and you choose to beat up our fans instead.  WTH!!??!
Stroud doesn’t care about football anymore.

He’s a one trick pony now

I don’t think the Colts will be as bad as most think. Luck had his best season under Reich. So did Foles. He will get the best out of Brissett, and this is by far the best all around Colts team in a very long time. I could see a 6-8 win team, not the 1 win team most around here are seeing.

(08-25-2019, 03:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I don’t think the Colts will be as bad as most think. Luck had his best season under Reich. So did Foles. He will get the best out of Brissett, and this is by far the best all around Colts team in a very long time. I could see a 6-8 win team, not the 1 win team most around here are seeing.

I think because of their improved offensive line and defense, they will fare a little better than they did the last time they had to go without Luck.  What also benefits them is having Brissett in the whole offseason program instead of having to trade for him during the season.

I believe Frank Reich is a better coach than Pagano and will help the performance too.

That said, I still think they finish last in the division.  With Luck they started 1-5 last year.

This year with a tougher schedule and no Luck, I can't see them doing too well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-25-2019, 03:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 03:22 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I don’t think the Colts will be as bad as most think. Luck had his best season under Reich. So did Foles. He will get the best out of Brissett, and this is by far the best all around Colts team in a very long time. I could see a 6-8 win team, not the 1 win team most around here are seeing.

I think because of their improved offensive line and defense, they will fare a little better than they did the last time they had to go without Luck.  What also benefits them is having Brissett in the whole offseason program instead of having to trade for him during the season.

I believe Frank Reich is a better coach than Pagano and will help the performance too.

That said, I still think they finish last in the division.  With Luck they started 1-5 last year.

This year with a tougher schedule and no Luck, I can't see them doing too well.
Good points. 

My reasoning is mostly because of their O line. Health permitting, they’ll be a top 3 line. When Brissett played, man their Oline had to be worst in the league. Jags D absolutely obliterated him that year, as did most teams. That won’t happen this season, so we will see if he is worth a lick. But that O line alone should win some games.

Brisett this.. Brisett that. That Kelly kid looking pretty good too.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-25-2019, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 01:59 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: DUDE!!

You're the guy that has been panning Luck since he got in the league!  Before your new idiotic avatar, you used to post Luck's battle with male pattern baldness!  This should be your victory lap, and you choose to beat up our fans instead.  WTH!!??!
Stroud doesn’t care about football anymore.

After being named President of the Jaguars.com Political Forum, he has very little time to devote to football.

I'll take an unpopular view on the Luck retirement. The timing stinks and puts his team in a serious hole. If he wanted to retire, he should have done so after last season, when the Colts could used FA or the draft to replace him.

(08-25-2019, 10:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'll take an unpopular view on the Luck retirement. The timing stinks and puts his team in a serious hole. If he wanted to retire, he should have done so after last season, when the Colts could used FA or the draft to replace him.

Maybe that's an unpopular view, but it's the right one. Luck sank the season with no time for the FO to plan a regroup. My friends back in Indy are spinning around in an emotional tornado and it's kind of fun to watch their angst. 

My unpopular view is that Luck is the most media overhyped player in any sport since Vince Carter with the Raptors and the Colts would've never cleared the hump with him. Too inaccurate, too many turnovers and not good in the clutch. I am afraid this will actually reset the Colts well in the long run as they will get a high pick the next two years most likely and may get a better long term solution at QB as a result.

(08-25-2019, 07:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Stroud doesn’t care about football anymore.

After being named President of the Jaguars.com Political Forum, he has very little time to devote to football.

We should keep that over there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-25-2019, 10:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'll take an unpopular view on the Luck retirement. The timing stinks and puts his team in a serious hole. If he wanted to retire, he should have done so after last season, when the Colts could used FA or the draft to replace him.

But he didn't want to retire then

Was he supposed to know he would get hurt again?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]