Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

another vintage 30 yard punt.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM by Firesky.)

(08-29-2019, 07:26 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Laquon would have snatched that pass. 19 has hands and fingers of stone.

I don't think that Tyre Brady who's really just a PS candidate at best is a reason that we should pursue a Treadwell trade. Also where would Treadwell hypothetically slot in our WR list?

1) Dede Westbrook
2) Marqise Lee
3)Chris Conley
4) DJ Chark
5) Laquon Treadwell??
6) Keelan Cole
7) Terrelle Pryor
8) Tre McBride
9) Tyre Brady
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-29-2019, 07:30 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 07:26 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Laquon would have snatched that pass. 19 has hands and fingers of stone.

I don't think that Tyre Brady who's really just a PS candidate at best is a reason that we should pursue a Treadwell trade. Also where would Treadwell hypothetically slot in our WR list?

1) Dede Westbrook
2) Marqise Lee
3)Chris Conley
4) DJ Chark
5) Laquon Treadwell??
6) Keelan Cole
7) Terrelle Pryor

I put treadwell #2 option.  He was good in college and the reason he was drafted 1st rd.

another year of I hate the refs.
No pain, no gain.

Man that defense. Looks like a blown assignment. How are these guys not getting  coached?

That pbu was textbook perfect
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Getting ugly on all accounts. Bad officiating, bad ball, thank god the preseason is almost over.
No pain, no gain.

(08-29-2019, 07:35 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: That pbu was textbook perfect

Agreed. Ridiculous call. Had Marrone not wasted the earlier challenge, would have been a good time to use it

(08-29-2019, 07:32 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 07:30 PM)Firesky Wrote: I don't think that Tyre Brady who's really just a PS candidate at best is a reason that we should pursue a Treadwell trade. Also where would Treadwell hypothetically slot in our WR list?

1) Dede Westbrook
2) Marqise Lee
3)Chris Conley
4) DJ Chark
5) Laquon Treadwell??
6) Keelan Cole
7) Terrelle Pryor

I put treadwell #2 option.  He was good in college and the reason he was drafted 1st rd.

his tape was superb against SEC competition; the problem is that he ran a 4.65 and only had a 33 inch vert... he has great hands but he's just not that explosive. I'd play a healthy Marqise Lee over him, but Treadwell vs Conley or Chark for the 3rd receiver spot is interesting if you're of the belief he just got buried behind great WR's in Diggs and Theilan in front of him up in Minny
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I honestly don't see what people like in Minshew.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-29-2019, 07:16 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: #19 sucks.  Just make the trade for Laquon Treadwell

Why? He is slow, can't shed defenders and has suspect hands. He wouldn't even make our roster.

(08-29-2019, 07:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I honestly don't see what people like in Minshew.

Agreed. We need a reliable backup QB more than we need a WR.

Our backups just look 10x worse than everyone else's, despite 10x the preseason reps.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:47 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(08-29-2019, 07:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I honestly don't see what people like in Minshew.

I agree. Scared to let it go intermediate to deep. Just a bunch of dink and dunks.  Might as well just keep cody kessler.

(08-29-2019, 07:38 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 07:32 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I put treadwell #2 option.  He was good in college and the reason he was drafted 1st rd.

his tape was superb against SEC competition; the problem is that he ran a 4.65 and only had a 33 inch vert... he has great hands but he's just not that explosive. I'd play a healthy Marqise Lee over him, but Treadwell vs Conley or Chark for the 3rd receiver spot is interesting if you're of the belief he just got buried behind great WR's in Diggs and Theilan in front of him up in Minny

Michael Irvin and Larry Fitzgerald aren't burners.  They can catch and featured in a system that fits them and had a good qb.    I think the same for Laquon can happen.

(08-29-2019, 07:43 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Our backups just look 10x worse than everyone else's, despite 10x the preseason reps.

Lol! I was thinking the same thing!

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:51 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

these dudes just get embarrassed all preseason.

We should just have a roster cut to 33 and if we get injured we just forfeit. These guys shouldn't be playing football for a living.
No pain, no gain.

This preseason has been nauseating. We got nothing after our starters.

Better hope no starters get injured or the season is gone.

I could make an entire thread about it but in a nutshell:

1) Great footwork
2) excellent pad level and balance in his drops
3) Good Release
4) Flashes touch and ball placement
5) Pretty Accurate

Not to mention he's been plagued by drops, poor blocking and just subpar play from the rest of our backup / roster bubble players. He's also looked better each game he's played. And obviously the Jorts & Mustache.

Now there's reason for dislike which is why he fell to the 6th round, mainly arm strength
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

How are our backups so much worse than other teams'?

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:58 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(08-29-2019, 07:55 PM)rocdee Wrote: How are our backups so much worse than other teams'?

If it's not a coaching issue, then our scouts really suck or are lazy.