Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP plans to drop presidential primaries in 4 states to impede Trump challengers

GOP plans to drop presidential primaries in 4 states to impede Trump challengers

The Republican parties in Arizona, Kansas, Nevada, and South Carolina intend to cancel the 2020 presidential primaries in their states, according to three people familiar with their plans, a move aimed at depriving President Trump’s long-shot challengers of chances to build support.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...ar-AAGV0kQ
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That figures. They want to silence Bill Weld, because he might actually be a challenge to Captain Bone Spurs.

They are doing them a favor by saving them wasted campaign dollars.

Bill Weld, lol.

Not like it matters. The GOP is the party of Trump these days, so it's very unlikely a primary challenger would unseat Trump. What should happen is an actual real conservative should run against him as an independent in the general. Give the Cheeto Jesus the Perot treatment.

This kind of thing has happened to before.
In both parties.
There's no law anywhere that says a state has to hold a presidential primary.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-07-2019, 06:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: This kind of thing has happened to before.
In both parties.

Hi, I'm FSG. Who are you?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-07-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
In both parties.

Just a guy who is skeptical of primaries in general, and every other nonsense step along the way of selecting a President. 
Just because the process didn't hurt many people's feelings before 2016 didn't mean it was a good process all along. 
I hope more people see primary elections as artificial and unnecessary.
We need true runoff elections.

(09-07-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
In both parties.

Well, who are you, and what have you done with pre-2016 FSG?

Pigeon holing takes little thought.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-09-2019, 09:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hi, I'm FSG. Who are you?

Well, who are you, and what have you done with pre-2016 FSG?

I'm not all that different though God has truly seen fit to make my enemies ridiculous.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2019, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:52 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Well, who are you, and what have you done with pre-2016 FSG?

I'm not all that different though God has truly seen fit to make my enemies ridiculous.

Nah, you're just in a frame of mind to ridicule rather than attempting to understand.

(09-10-2019, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not all that different though God has truly seen fit to make my enemies ridiculous.

Nah, you're just in a frame of mind to ridicule rather than attempting to understand.

Wrong again, ridicule has come to you after understanding you. It took about three posts to understand your shallow waters.

(09-10-2019, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 12:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: Nah, you're just in a frame of mind to ridicule rather than attempting to understand.

Wrong again, ridicule has come to you after understanding you. It took about three posts to understand your shallow waters.

I bow before your superior intellect, sweetie pie.

(09-10-2019, 02:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wrong again, ridicule has come to you after understanding you. It took about three posts to understand your shallow waters.

About damn time. Now off with you peon.

(09-10-2019, 02:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wrong again, ridicule has come to you after understanding you. It took about three posts to understand your shallow waters.

About damn time. Now off with you peon.