Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ANOTHER ship with climate-change warriors gets stuck in ice

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2019, 09:11 PM by mikesez.)

(10-26-2019, 08:50 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:55 PM)ferocious Wrote: In all seriousness, it doesn't take a nobel laureate to conclude that, directly or indirectly, humans and their endeavors are the main factor responsible for this increase in the earth's surface temperature. I would be remiss if i did not thank you for your contribution to this discussion.

Because the industrial military complex was directly responsible for the melting of the icecaps during the last global thaw?

At what point can this discussion ever become centered?  I grew up on a a farm at one of the highest points in Meigs County Ohio.  There was an exposed boulder that was my sanctuary.  Upon this boulder there are numerous ocean fossils.  No man existed when these were placed upon that rock.  Can any of you climate change extremest explain this to me?  By the same token, we continue to cut down trees, pave roads, put up concrete and buildings.  Can any of you climate change deniers explain to how this does not affect our environment?  My God why do we continue to let the extreme views and opinions define the scope of the discussion?

To the extent that we know how quickly carbon dioxide concentration increased in the past, and our data isn't perfect, the increase of the last 100 years is wildly steeper than any other that we've been able to document using sediments or ice cores. The kind of swing we are going through, a doubling of the CO2 concentration, usually plays out over thousands and tens of thousands of years, not 100.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ANOTHER ship with climate-change warriors gets stuck in ice - by mikesez - 10-26-2019, 09:09 PM